The High-Rater Huddle

EzRider
Active Poster

Post by EzRider » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:29 am

59 posts, 795 views at the time I was typing this.

scrap this thread and start a new one with a vote. it started out roughly and has grown exponentially. the common point supported by most poster's seems to be that they would like to see a revision in the present table setting structure, and possibly a revision to the present points v win/loss system. Susan appologized for the rough start, let it alone now and get on with it. quoting a redundant point from a week ago is pointless. obviously the passions displayed in this thread suggest a change in the present system is desired by a large majority of the posters. hell, I'll start the vote myself....if I can figure out how :?

EzRider

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 5:50 am

GTO mentioned; .....how about the player who tries to achieve the LOWEST rating. I made post about this about a 8 months ago..........

http://forums.silvercrk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=5012
always play your best, and keep counting.....

GTO*Racer
Active Poster

Post by GTO*Racer » Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:05 am

Yes, Andy I remember seeing that post and it was very well handled as a warning to those who may SIT with that person.

Also I don't think change is the word that should be used. We need more options. Like myself and many have mentioned before rating isn't everything. The most improved option that hardwood could build into the host game settings is to be able to set by win/loss %. I want to be able to host a game of people with a 55 % win ratio regardless of what their ratings are.

gary
Active Poster

Post by gary » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:56 pm

i think this is bull the lower nics are not worthy of getting a game with the big nics until they are big nics themselves cause the big nics had to get there 2

starfire
Grand Master

Post by starfire » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:27 am

There has been post done on this a few times in spades. We have ask for the hosting to change from -100 to -50 The -100 makes it hard on all rated player.
I seen a player in eucher lobby asking if someone would make them a 1500 game for them just yesterday. So it is not just the high rated player who do this even 1500 rated player do not want to play in games with 1400 rated player because if they lose it is a hard hit on there rates.
It was said that in spades player host a game and then kick all lower rated player out. Yes this is true there are player who do this we see it all the time player yelling and upset because they have been kick by a host because there rates are to low.

1)Make a game and then change to a lower nic.
OR
2)Host a game and kick lower player out who joins.

If I had to pick one I would have to pick number 1 why is because player do not get hurt or upset. Player being kick from a game because of they have lower rates this has cause many of lobby fights. A player who has been kick out of a game feels that the host is being mean and rude.
I can understand player not wanting to take a big lost But I feel the best way to do this is to change the setting from-100 to -50 OR add a -50 to setting. There are some who like the -100 setting so adding a -50 would put a end to two problems.

Why not try a poll see how many would like a -50 setting added to what we have now ??

HotPoker4MyEyePlease
Grand Master

Post by HotPoker4MyEyePlease » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:32 pm

I made a post about this in Spades a while back & Jonas himself responded that its perfectly leagle & not considered cheating. Personally I think its dirty business but thats just me. I do admit I did not read this entire thread but I thought you all might like to know what I got from the horses mouth so to speak... :roll:
ImageImage

wardet el sa7arah

Doc
Active Poster

Post by Doc » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:53 pm

Quite a topic, I almost don't want to post here cuz so much has been said. But, I would like to see a poll, or atleast what people think, about changing the host options so that ppl can set a game at any rating they wish.....at or below there present rating (in increments of 50 ofcourse).

As for things the way they are, I completely understand ppl setting and then returning with a lower nic. Ultamitely, it's no different than waiting till someone else sets. And, although I think the rating system is alright, it simply poses too great a penalty to higher ranked players when the difference is over 50. Or, rather, a much greater risk than the odds of the lower team randomly getting sure winning cards.

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:40 pm

gary wrote:i think this is bull the lower nics are not worthy of getting a game with the big nics until they are big nics themselves cause the big nics had to get there 2
Gary, if I play a nic of 1300 or one of 1900 under which nic am I not worthy? and yes I have nics at both end of the scale.
Enjoy life