vote ~ kick function

EzRider
Active Poster

vote ~ kick function

Post by EzRider » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:55 am

fairly new to this forum thing, so feel free to delete this thread if it's been talked to death.

at present, it is impossible to kick a player once a game has started unless they have been idle or stalling for at least 2 minutes. if it is a timed game, each play can take 15 seconds if a player is being obnoxious or is rude enough to play from work and gets called away without hitting the auto play button. if you are unlucky enough to find yourself at a table with an ignorant or abusive player, there is no way for the other 3 involved to vote the offender out of the game. and if you try to vote ~ abandon game, it takes all 4 votes.

if you can vote a game watcher from a game, it would seem resonable to have the ability to also vote 1 player from a game as well. we used to be able to. I myself have voted my partner out of the game when they have been abusive or rude to ops, and felt it was a good system to have in place. there arent always guides around to correct these problems. if it took the vote of the other 3 players involved, it would be a just and reasonable vote and decision, no? one person's right to play should not infringe on the other 3 persons right to toss them off the table.

EzRider
Last edited by EzRider on Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:06 pm

I agree EZ...Many times in a timed game a disgruntled played messed up the game by stalling...and I have had to put up with several obnoxious players and some that were bidding 13 every hand because others refused to kick..
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:39 pm

Yes, and being new to the forum, allow me the pleasure of setting up the vote for you.

~ Susan

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Tamara
Noob

Post by Tamara » Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:37 am

yes
He bought my world :)

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:48 am

This sounds like a good idea. I had a funny situation awhile back; once my partner disconnected and the opposing team booted me to try to nab the easy points (game was 3-3 at the time) , I right clicked the game every once in awhile.....then....the bots were up 9-4 forcing them to abandon :lol: And funniest part is I didn't even care about the loss or the points....I was just enjoying the poetic justice of it all.
always play your best, and keep counting.....

gary
Active Poster

Post by gary » Sat Oct 22, 2005 1:41 pm

have to say no again ez if a person takes 15seconds on a move even only once if u vote to kick them immediately after their move a vote will come up
i think the present system is fair because if u have an argument with some1 at a table they could be sitting with 2 friends both sides and they will kick without a thought just cause u disagree with them

i think the present system is fair enuf

Triscuits
Noob

Agreed

Post by Triscuits » Tue Oct 25, 2005 4:13 pm

I full heartedly agree, just the fact that someone can ban u from watching a game, I don't like it when you can't get rid of someone who is cleaning their room instead of playing euchre, y would they play if they have something else to do eh?

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:49 pm

I agree with Gary, certain players do tend to play together and if you joined their game under the old rules they would just kick you.
Enjoy life

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm

Tri, If people just watched games they would not be a problem but some watcher carry on long and involved conversations with players and that slows the game and quite often annoys the team not involved. When I'm playing I don't want to be subjected to other peoples domestic problems, and yes it has happened. I now know more about their divorce than they do lol.
Enjoy life

Triscuits
Noob

Post by Triscuits » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:54 pm

Then I pose this question: Why is that option even available?
All that we see or seen is but a dream within a dream.~Edgar Allen Poe

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:17 pm

Why not? you can learn a lot from watching others play.
Enjoy life

Triscuits
Noob

Post by Triscuits » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:49 pm

Exactly! You proved my point Red! If I see a game that I can watch to see how others play why should it be a problem, or for that matter if I wanted to let someone sitting in a game know that I'm there to meet them or if I have a question they shouldn't just ban you for watching, and yet it's such a problem to kick out people that are cleaning their room instead of playing and being respectful to the other players....
Am I crazy for thinking that people should have the common decency to commit to a game that they should either finish it or leave out of respect for others in the game? However I do realize that not everyone shares this opinion with me and I have learned to respect that not everyone is, well, respectful. I laugh b/c being in a site like HW Euchre I think it is important to have that same kind and respectful manner as one would have speaking on the phone. You do not know or see this person and therefor should not only respect the person for the sole purpose for yourself but also for the others playing with you at the table.
I enjoy the fact that I can chat with someone that has compleatly different views on things than I and am enlightened to the fact that conversations can take place and have everyone join them and still have one thing in common with them: We want to win, and we love Euchre! :)
All that we see or seen is but a dream within a dream.~Edgar Allen Poe

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:24 pm

:) Welcome to the forum Triscuits.

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:29 pm

Red Red_ Wine wrote:Tri, If people just watched games they would not be a problem but some watcher carry on long and involved conversations with players and that slows the game and quite often annoys the team not involved. When I'm playing I don't want to be subjected to other peoples domestic problems, and yes it has happened. I now know more about their divorce than they do lol.
If other team does not wish to see conversation between watcher and friends....right click on watcher and left click on "ignore".
always play your best, and keep counting.....