what a wonderful place

Stan The Man
Active Poster

what a wonderful place

Post by Stan The Man » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:10 pm

u try n talk to a guide in the lobby u get the response email support@silvercrk.com, u email silvercrk, nothing, u come here, and of course ur post gets taken, because ur going against the grain, i mean after all who are we, we just play here, i understand u already have our money, so u arent losing anything if we dont play anymore, so no skin off ur back. how is it that the players and half the guides can be so wrong about wot is happening in euchre right now? can the powers that be really not see past their own nose? i come to euchre to relax and enjoy a good game, but instead i get harrassed by a guide, ad when i try to say anything back, i am the one harrassing . and u say the euchre guides were to relaxed witht the way they handled things, then why are their posts about how euchre is(was) the best site on hw? how does that make any sense? ive been on this site almost 2 years now ive seen plenty of trouble makers int he lobby, but i can tell u that in the 2 years i have been here, there is less of an occurance of it, and its not because of the heavy handed guides dishing out punishment whenever they have a bad day at work, its from the guides that are their every day showing respect and compassion. and again what is it to you if we have a good time, u already have our money. oh well im jus another player mad cause he got in trouble.

Tamatha
Big Poster

Post by Tamatha » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:51 pm

Stan,

I am sorry this happened and you are feeling this way. I was not there and I am not sure what happened but feel free to im me anytime if you have a problem or concern When i am online I would be more than happy to talk to you or help out in any way I can.

Hugss Hun

LittleBabe

Post by LittleBabe » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:05 pm

Well Stan Ive never been in trouble and I think I know where your coming from. I know a lot of peeps in euchre and see a lot of unrest lately. I have a lot of peeps complaining to me about a hearts guide coming in and silencing and banning left and right. The regular euchre guides have always been quick to take action when there is trouble and it has always been justified. Ive been in the other 2 card games and it is a different environment altogether. Euchre is the best of all 3 in my opinion because it is fun and relaxing. I know the guides can go to any one of the 3 games but maybe it might be a good idea to have them be for one or the other because they get to know the peeps in the game they usually are in. I have seen guides from hearts and spades in euchre but they are usually there to enjoy from what Ive seen and they usually let the regular euchre guides handle situations. I had a friend that isnt a trouble maker tell me she called this hearts guide in her room cuz of problems and she copied and pasted the chat and he silenced her for it. She didnt know that copy and pasting isnt allowed and I wouldnt have known that either. So the real trouble maker got away with all the name calling and the one that called for help got silenced. I dont really see how this is fair or justified. I just really think he could have warned her instead of taking it to that extent or just told her as I have seen the regular euchre guides do.
Sorry I didnt mean to write a book but wanted to express my opinion.

LittleBabe

the count24
Active Poster

Post by the count24 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:50 pm

Well, it seems a line has been crossed into the "excessive" zone for attempting to discipline. The solution will never have a definitive answer, so dont try looking........it does not exist.
always play your best, and keep counting.....

XAmaltheaX
Active Poster

Post by XAmaltheaX » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:54 am

I really love this site.. but what has been going on lately is really not normal anymore. I agree totally with with you Stan and unfortunately after a couple of years playing here I can say there are just 2 things keeping me here: my friends and the fact that yahoo euchre and pogo euchre and other similar sites really suck. But one day someone is gonna make a game atleast a bit like this one and I am out foor good from here. As for friends.... I can say 80-90% will follow. Not cause of me but cause of the current situation here.
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:10 am

for the good of everyone - there is a difference between really hateful and harmless fun. there is a difference between vulgarity and profanity and harmless fun. there is a difference between players who come in to the games trying to cause trouble, and the regular players who maybe need just a word or nudge of caution. i get my nudges when i deserve them. and i dont have any problem with it.

no one wants to see people on the edge of leaving to find another site, do they? i would only say, if you are in a position to influence any of this, that you read these words of unrest and take a minute to reflect on solutions.

Doc
Active Poster

Post by Doc » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:49 am

XAmaltheaX wrote:I really love this site.. but what has been going on lately is really not normal anymore. I agree totally with with you Stan and unfortunately after a couple of years playing here I can say there are just 2 things keeping me here: my friends and the fact that yahoo euchre and pogo euchre and other similar sites really suck. But one day someone is gonna make a game atleast a bit like this one and I am out foor good from here.
Dito :wink: I have found some guide behaviour very abusive lately, and have even looked throught pages about other online euchre games.
I won't, and not need to get into details, but I do hope the issue can be addressed. :(

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:04 pm

Well folks, I have to say I concur with Stan the Man.
I am one of the guilty ones who throws a comment in to the mix in the lobby every now and then to stir up the masses or to dance the light fantastic with the 'Blue Brigade'. It is all meant to be in good fun and no malicious intent. I have also made up borderline nics to see how far I can go...I readily admit that.
HOWEVER
the mood in the lobby has gradually deteriorated over the last six months.
There are known factors, over sensitive players, and over zealous unbending guides. I have had a pretty reasonable relationship with most of the regular euchre guides, a couple of run ins, swords at twenty paces etc, but I am now having a very uneasy feeling about this site, a site I have enjoyed, because of certain new or reassigned members of the constabulary who go beyond normal adult control to hardline, lets not discuss, do as I say attitude. Well, I left kindergarten 47 years ago and thought I had left those types behind. I dont mind censure, in fact I support it, but lets be reasonable.
I am not trying to buck the system with these comments or do a character assassination on the guides, I am just trying to point out a glaring weakness and potentially threatening situation for the players, which left unchecked will end up explosive.

PLEASE LISTEN, do not dismiss this plea.
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:30 pm

A guide (and I'm only speaking for my (former) self)) takes three serious calls per hour. These will probably require reports which take time.

Also five "Can I speak to you in MM" calls. These will probably require reports which take more time.

Sixteen "How do I make the pretty colors, lol?" These are the fun ones, the ones we like - we really like to help the newbies learn colors and binds.

Your call for immediate attention may take attention from something that I'm already doing. So you will have my attention quickest if you give me a "Guide Needed In Smoots Table 22" rather than "you there, hun?"

There really should be a better way to call a guide. I agree.

Stan The Man
Active Poster

Post by Stan The Man » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:25 pm

the post was never about calling a guide, it was about having guide action taken against u and having no recourse at all. it was about guides harassing players and then turning around and accusing the players of harassment, well when nothing else is working and the harrassment continues well then yeah people are gonna take matters in their own hands, unfortunatley it is limited to negative conversation in wich the player will always be wrong. i have personally had more respect from jail guards

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:55 pm

IF a guide takes inaproprate action, file a report and Jason review it. On top of that, each time a guide take a serious action like a silnce, then they too much file a report to Jason explaining why.

Bottom line Stan is this.... most folks NEVER get silenced.

I undertand that there seems to be some unrest on how some less familar guides to euchre are addressing these issues as they come up. My guess is that they are there becasue they we're summoned from Spades or Hearts. SO thier style may be more abrupt.

Doing things to push the line ( and I say that not directed a you, just in reponce to other posts) is exactly that, pushing the line. It bound to run into some unfun stuff when guides get called in to deal with a situation. Just help them address stuff. Guides don't want to take action any more than you like getting reciving it. Most would rather chat, hang out and have fun. Sadly if guides are being called over to address somthing, they are going to address the reason they we're asked to come.

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:23 pm

Very one paced reply Jonas.
Exactly as has been dished out before.
Do you guys have your heads in the sand?
This is a genuine call for help and not a personal affront. Being down in the lobby hearing all the negative comments is sad. Most people wont put in a report because of apathetic replies, and thats not my words, but a general consensus. Dont skirt the issue, address it.
By the way I didn't post my previous article for you to make a broadside at, I posted it because I thought you might care, because regardless what you lot think...I Do!!!!!

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:31 pm

We'll get things worked out.

If guides are acting inaproprately it will be addressed.

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:29 am

Thank you Jonas. I welcome and appreciate that sentiment.

Remember, prevention is the best form of medicine, because after the outbreak it can become pandemic.

Stan The Man
Active Poster

Post by Stan The Man » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:16 am

the guide in question is not being called from anywhere, the person is there on a crusade to clean up hw euchre. the problem is its making it worse. when u sit in the lobby for hours at a time invisible to anyone how are u doing anything but waiting for sumone to mess up? kinda crazy that there is a post at the same time in spades or hearts wondering where all the guides are, look at wot is happeneing, how is staying in euchre and causing problems good for anyone? because thats what is happening, and im being singled out as some ringleader in some dilusional conspiracy against this person. this is a game can u please let us enjoy it?