what a wonderful place

jabba the pug
Active Poster

Post by jabba the pug » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:49 am

Well I must say, I haven't really played much in about 6 mos, due to the increase of problems in the Euchre lobby. If I do play I come on as a disguised person and mind my business. I really have only gotten in
"trouble " maybe once or twice. This was not due to disrupting the lobby. I feel like we are walking on thin ice. I used to walk in and make jokes with my friends and a lot of the time the guides would join in. But now as a quiet standby person I have witnessed a form of imprisonment to the regulars in euchre. We/they are no longer able to joke without being taken too seriously and accused of attacking another player or guide. The last real time I was actively involved in a conversation in the lobby I was "scolded" like a child because I was messing with a VERY GOOD FRIEND!!! We both told this guide this and he said he didn't care it wasn't appropriate. There was no inapropriate language involved. I was there warned. This is why I have played in disguise. Its not worth my stress. I only come here for my friends and now the fact that my money has been spent here, it would be a waste for me to walk away completely. I also own Spades and Hearts. I do frequent another site now just due to the injustice I have witnessed over the last 6-9 mos. Its just ridiculous. I have seen a lot worse in that lobby in the past and the people are taken aside and talked to in private... ex. The normal HW Euchre guides ask to speak to someone in Glendas before things start to escalate. There was a FAR better success rate when this was being done. The player would then come back feeling better and go on with playing. Now everyone is becoming hostile because without warning they are either being silenced for a ridiculous amount of time or flat out being banned. I generally do not reply in the forum, just because I have learned to mind my business here, however this time I felt I needed to voice my opinion!

Thank you for your time!! I hope something will be resolved soon so I and other can feel like we are once again back at home!!
Puggy :)

Sterlingchick123
Active Poster

Post by Sterlingchick123 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:03 am

i can only tell u as a person from hearts, that we had an explosive and really awkward period several months ago, where it was really not pleasant to be in the game for me and my group of friends. egg shells. etc. just like euchre is experiencing. we worked thru it by both sides calming down a bit. relaxing our own angers over past ills. i posted and others did to, until it was resolved. this thread will definetly be taken, but if you read this before it is, then please know that everyone will have to do their own part in it to make it resolve. hearts is better now. and most of bitterness is evaporated. 8)

Tamara
Noob

Post by Tamara » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:20 pm

Personally I have never had any problems with the guides, to be honest
I don't even know the nicks of half of them. It is not my intention for
this post to be anti-guide but to express my opinion. Just because I have
never had any conflicts with them I feel I can be objective. The reason
my friends are unsatisfied are the actions of certain guides. If I
understood well from the first post: if our name gets censored we
cannot ask why but we must turn to silvercreek support, if we get
silenced - the procedure is the same, and if we get banned for 3 days
just because sometimes we are too witty (and NOT rude) it is considered
"harrasing a guide" and once again the answer to all our questions is
write to silvercreek.
The fact is guides are also human and have feelings of their own. But
in the same way they cannot be personal but act in a way that the same
rules apply to everybody. The thing is if we feel we are not treated
that way, or we realize that we have been silenced for something that
some other person wouldn't be, we feel cheated... and yet we cannot ask
why. In every guide's profile it says: "We are here to help and if you
have any question we will be glad to help". Maybe their profile should
say "Write to silvercreek support".
Even though this is just a game, whether we want it or not the feelings
are here - sometimes good and sometimes bad. The question now is, if a
guide acts as he/she feels and reacts in a way that he/she wouldn't
if some other person did the same thing, who do we go to? What can we
do? Silvercreek support? Can we really change something, is this
just a dead letter on the paper or this forum is here for a reason. Can
anyone hear us at all?! How can a guide be disciplined? Can they be
wrong? Well they are human after all. Most of the guides are people who
are really here to help people and yes to answer their questions in
any way they can. But what if we run into someone who doesn't like
us that much and considers that we are just problem makers? what then?
And above all how can we prove anything?
If you see us just as dollars who bought this game and if our opinion
doesn't matter, then I'd appreciate you atleast tell us so we don't
bother anymore.
He bought my world :)

MidNightWolf
Grand Master

Post by MidNightWolf » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:50 pm

and if we get banned for 3 days
just because sometimes we are too witty (and NOT rude) it is considered
"harrasing a guide" and once again the answer to all our questions is
write to silvercreek.
You have to write SilverCreek on that one because guides CAN NOT BAN people. Jason and maybe sometimes Joans intiate the ban so if you want to know you have to ask them. I pretty sure Jason sends and email or something with evey ban.
Last edited by MidNightWolf on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HW_Heaven
Big Poster

Post by HW_Heaven » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:50 pm

To answer the question, yes guides can and do get disciplined. The only difference is it's not in a public setting therefore the players think "nothing" has been done. We aren't in lobbies arguing about why we got in trouble. I for one have been in trouble once. I got an IM from SCE telling me "hey don't do this anymore" I said ok, asked what the current way to handle the situation was, and left it at that. Now had I argued fussed fought moaned groaned and complained then I very well could have had the blue stripped away.

Stan The Man
Active Poster

Post by Stan The Man » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:15 pm

MidnightWolf wrote:

You have to write SilverCreek on that one because guides CAN NOT BAN people. Jason and maybe sometimes Joans intiate the ban so if you want to know you have to ask them. I pretty sure Jason sends and email or something with evey ban.[/quote]

A guide "initiates" the ban. without the guide going to jonas and or jason, their would never be any reason for it in the first place. yes the decision wether or not to ban sumone is up to jason or jonas, but when a guide is under the disillusion that sumone is heading a conspiracy against him/her and goes to jonas and or jason with that information, they are basing they're decision on the guides side and thats it. another post stated that yes guides do get corrected, we just dont know about it. ok so a guide can harrass players and be told not to do it anymore, but when that player is "convicted" of harrassing a guide then he is banned for three days? we dont get an email saying "dont do that anymore"? we dont get an explanation at all, except wot the server shows us as we try to log in. so yes we do moan and groan and fuss and scream, that is our only recourse.

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:02 am

Stan The Man wrote: A guide "initiates" the ban. without the guide going to jonas and or jason, their would never be any reason for it in the first place. yes the decision wether or not to ban sumone is up to jason or jonas, but when a guide is under the disillusion that sumone is heading a conspiracy against him/her and goes to jonas and or jason with that information, they are basing they're decision on the guides side and thats it.
Admin does make the calls on the bans. Speaking for myself, I file my reports and the office takes it from there. Just my opinion here, but to claim to know who has "been" where and whether someone is disillusioned about the course of events or not and how so are pretty presumptious statements.

Stan The Man
Active Poster

Post by Stan The Man » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:05 am

i dont make presumptious statements, if u would like me to make this personal and start adding proof to my posts i will be more than happy to do so, u coming on here and making statements about something u have no idea about is also pretty presumptious dont ya think???

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:45 am

Stan The Man wrote: kinda crazy that there is a post at the same time in spades or hearts wondering where all the guides are, look at wot is happeneing, how is staying in euchre and causing problems good for anyone?
I'm in hearts daily, along with a few other guides and just read through the hearts forum and did not see any request for guides missing in hearts?

Stan The Man
Active Poster

Post by Stan The Man » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:22 am

it says hearts OR spades, not AND. sorry i couldnt remember wich one it was in, thas kinda the point of the OR but here it is in the spades forum if u want to read it http://forums.silvercrk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6292
am glad u found sumthing in this thread to comment on though

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:30 am

so what you are suggesting is all guides should stay in hearts or euchre so you can continue to do whatever you want? Last I knew, we don't have just "hearts" guides or just "euchre" guides. Most of us have all 3 games. I also wasn't aware of a separate set of rules for euchre? The rules are ALSO written for all 3 games. Maybe someday you will realize that is ISN'T the guides that get you banned..you did that all by yourself.

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:43 am

Can't we just stop this now?

Stan The Man
Active Poster

Post by Stan The Man » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:29 am

ur right lace there is not a seperate set of rules, thats why this same post has been made by others in hearts and spades alike, and yes i would like to continue to do what i want i.e play euchre, thats why i bought the game. maybe someday u will realize that the guides are not always right, and that treatment of players is often times unwarranted. Guides like players are not perfect, they do make mistakes as they are human, i can admit mine, can you? i can deal with the consequences of my own actions, but I WILL NOT ! sit idly by when actions are being taken against me under false pretense. now u can post again about how im just cryin cause i got caught, and justify ur response to urself, thats fine, i dont need u to believe me or even support me.
sorry nana, im done i wont respond again

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:37 am

:)