Live Euchre Tourneys

TexasYellowRose
Noob

Live Euchre Tourneys

Post by TexasYellowRose » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:59 am

8) Hi there :D ...Is there someone out there in Euchreland who could give me some information on when and where any live Euchre meets are for the year 2006 :?: .....Thankyou in anticipation......Happy Playing

Marita

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:48 pm

Here's the first one coming up - The Florida Gathering, founded by Lady Mo and Lady Silver. This one is for HW Euchre players, specifically from Cardluver's Hideout, but open to all HW Euchre players.

The 2006 Gathering will be held on
March 17th, 18th and 19th
Ocean Blue Motel II
2701 Anahma Drive
Saint Augustine, Florida 32084

http://www.geocities.com/mssilver1048/g ... ering.html

Check out the page and follow the contact instructions if you can make it.

Brb with GP info.

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:52 pm

OK, here's the info on this year's Grand Prix Tournaments

The 2006 dates / cities / events are as follows:

Sept. 15-17, Lansing, MI (Euchre and Hearts)

Oct. 6-8, St. Louis, MO (Spades, Pinochle, Canasta, and Cribbage)

For up-to-date information and Grand Prix's latest news, please visit
online at http://www.grandprixtournaments.com

TexasYellowRose
Noob

Post by TexasYellowRose » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:30 pm

:D Thank you very much for that information NanaGram.....It is very much appreciated :)

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:15 pm

You're welcome, TYR.

Those are the three I will attend every year in the future, if at all possible. So far, I've made it to only one Gathering and I got to meet so many of the people I had met on HW - I think there were about 50 the year I attended. I wouldn't have missed it for the world and I look forward to going many times in the future.

I've been to two of the Grand Prix tourneys and I'm happy to report a huge HW player turnout. At the GP's, I've met a lot of HW Hearts and Spades players I might never have met, if I hadn't attended these. Lots of Euchre players from the Gatherings attend the GPs also.

As you can see, you've touched on a soft spot for me. I can't think of anything better than meeting up with my HW buddies in person. It's a good thing.

Pat

TexasYellowRose
Noob

Post by TexasYellowRose » Tue Jan 10, 2006 7:41 pm

NanaGram I think it would be just awesome to meet some of the players that i play with on HW, it sounds so much fun.

I have seen some photo's and I have listened to a lot of players that have been to them and they just buzz for weeks, but i just live too far away.....maybe one day we can have one in New Zealand or Australia for us in this part of the world.

However, it may be possible that i can attend one this year so i'm keeping my fingers crossed :D
Maybe it wont be a good thing if i can (I may get hooked) lol, and I may want to do it every year

Marita

kiddo34
Active Poster

Post by kiddo34 » Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:19 pm

I went to the first Florida gathering and had the BEST time. The Florida gathering was being planned by Velvet's Heart but when she passed away, we decided to continue with it. I have been to several live tourneys and have ALWAYS enjoyed meeting HW players. I wont be at this years Florida gathering :( I cant afford it but will be at the nexst one, I promise.

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:23 pm

The live events are addicting lmaoooo. I went to the grand prix last year when Spades, Euchre, and hearts were all together. Now I wanna go to the Euchre and Spades grand prix this year but they are in seperate locations.

GRRRRR betta save up now...I dont even plan on playin in the Euchre tourney. hehe

gary
Active Poster

Post by gary » Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:05 am

is there a link to find out about live tournaments around the world i live in ireland and would love to find out

ACE_HIGH
Noob

Post by ACE_HIGH » Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:13 pm

:shock: they have moved Fl gahering to hojo thought you all should know!