hi again

Stan The Man
Active Poster

hi again

Post by Stan The Man » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:34 pm

here we go again. wot exactly is the definition of guide harrassment? and when does player harrassment arise? how is it that a guide can come into a room and cause more turmoil in 6 mos than has happened in 2 years ? is it because the guides before him werent doing their job? or mebbe sumone takes their job a lil to seriously? this is a game site, people come here to relax play games and have a good time. and yes people take it to far sumtimes (am not jes talkin bout the players here). when a player crosses that line he/she is dealt with wether its a warning , a silence, or a ban. but again is this same treatment given to the guides? are they immune from mistakes? are they really programs u have created to stop all evil doers? or are they human jes like the rest of us, prone to emotions? is it common practice to google a word over and over until we find sum sadistic meaning in it? cause u can pick jes about any word u can think of and sumone could find a way to twist it to wot they believe. jonas and or jason one of u or both needs to pull ur head outta tha sand (was bein nice there :) ) and look at this like u almost pretend to care, wether u do or not. i understand is not fun or the easiest thing to do to correct sumone u picked to do certain function, and i also can understand the cliks within the guides the ones who will protest tha the players deserve to be treated like 5 yr olds ( i know i haf one ugh) the same ones who every time sumthing is said tha come back with the guides have it tough, they haf to deal with all this . well no they dont they dont haf to do anything, they are not required to be here, they are not held at gunpoint and told wot to do and how to do it, they are given guidlines and those guidlines are open to interpretaion. i understand that u cant be here every moment, scrutinizing every action ever taken, if u could u wouldnt need guides. but there has got to be sum sort of order in this, it cant be us vs them. u cant have a guide take action on sumone and then have 6 guides tellin tha player sorry i know its not right but theres nothing i can do about it. that makes no sense at all. and this guide forum, how can u talk about wot players are thinking, wot they really mean when they say sumthing, and wot the best couse of action is when u arent involving them? u sit behind closed doors and discuss wot is best, wot is right, wot is wrong, without involving the players themselves? thas like having a trial with jes the prosecution present. but hey we have the forum and we can always file a report right? we all know how that works. we are not asking for anarchy, we are not asking for anything goes, we dont want that ( well most of us dont). there is never going to be a way that pleases everyone all the time, but it would be nice if we actually thot our voice was heard, tha we were more than jes numbers, last time i posted about action being taken against guides the only response i got was: well one time jonas sent me a email tha said dont do that anymore. we (players) dont have access to u (or jason) at our fingertips, we cant jes buzz u on im and say hey buddy look wot the fruitloops are doin now. there is not one player on this site tha feels tha their opinion actually matters, tha we are more than jes sheep in tha pen. and mebbe thas how u want it, i dont know, but it doesnt need ta be tha way. there has to be sum sort of balance, there is not one player or guide on this site tha is infalible, tha doesnt need correction (guidance) from time to time. mebbe u arent tha type of person, mebbe jason isnt either, mebbe u are jes the man behind tha curtain and thas the way u want to stay. but there has to be sumone , or sum people tha we can go to sumone who isnt " in tha clik" sumone who can actually look at both sides of a problem without prejudice. i understand tha again no matter wot u do u will never make everyone happy, but mebbe it is time fer sumthing new, time fer a change? i know change is hard, specially when u cant see the problem with the way things are, but there is a problem and it does need addressed.

jabba the pug
Active Poster

Post by jabba the pug » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:39 pm

Maybe if they are just men behind the curtain... You should pull back the curtain and find that the BIG almighty Oz is just some little man who is afraid to really use his voice.
Puggy :)

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:42 pm

Can I ask you all to just relax for a few moments?

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:45 pm

I got involved today, and I got in trouble

jabba the pug
Active Poster

Post by jabba the pug » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:48 pm

i was just bein silly :D
Puggy :)

KITTN4KIP
Active Poster

Post by KITTN4KIP » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:48 pm

Guides do what they can but a majority of the problems lie within problem players, A guide can only do what they can if informed of the situation(s), next time a player desides to push your buttons give a guide a shout. and maybe you'll find they are not that bad :)
Tammy aka Angels Kitty

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:49 pm

Jason told me to behave myself today, he said he held me to a higher standard than other players.

So, I want to say something here. But I want to be careful when I do. I don't want me to be banned, and I don't want anymore of my friends to be banned.

Please be patient while I post, in about two minutes

Thank you

HW_Heaven
Big Poster

Post by HW_Heaven » Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:55 pm

Well, I for one am human, not a program. But I also have to respect the wishes of the owner. Do I always agree, nope, but he is the one who has made it so we can play at this wonderful site, and I will do what I can to help in that area.

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:07 pm

Well, I'm not violating any trust here. This is a rough draft of what I was gonna send to Jonas. lol, I have about a hundred of those, but most don't get sent off anyway.

Dear Jonas,

I got really frustrated today. and I took it out on two guides who shouldn't have been in euchre anyway.

This is gonna be a little long, but please be patient – I have a cause.

I seem to be becoming a problem player these days, so I just want you to know that I am taking you off my msn instant messenger and, unless it’s a dire emergency, I won’t be sending you anymore emails. Well, when it comes to helping new tourney rooms come in, I might email you then.

I am also removing Jason because today he told me he holds me to higher standards than he does others – and I don’t like that. He needs to treat me as he does any other other player on HW.

We have many players in HW Euchre who came here from other sites and the HW Euchre players won them over. It wasn't guides who taught them what was expected of them, it was the Euchre players they met when they signed in the very first time. We told them the rules, and they followed them - or not, and we called a guide to come and deal with them.

As the Goose, I did what every good guide does, they stand by their fellow guides. Even when I knew the other guide was (wrong, too quick on the trigger, just plain mean) fill in the blank there, I stood by them in the lobby and fought it out with them on IM. I never brought it to the lobby. Well, not til the end.

Euchre is not like Hearts and Spades. When I became a guide, I should have stayed in Euchre – it’s like living right next door to a war zone. It really doesn’t affect you as long as you don’t cross the border. Hearts guides and spades guides do not work well in Euchre because they’re used to heavy combat. And whether you like it or not, they bring that attitude with them. We're proof of that.

You know, that part about holding me to a higher standard really bugged me. If I’m being held to a higher standard, then give me more control. I don’t want to be a guide, but I would like to audition the guides who want to work in euchre, and I would like all euchre players to be able to vote. And I think it should be subject to periodic review.

I know, that's not gonna happen. But wouldn't it be cool if guides had to audition in order to guide in your game?

See why I don't send off most of my emails to jonas?

I'm sorry about what happened today. But it wasn't Euchre's fault.

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:16 pm

I did not intend to hurt anyone in my post.

I know so many wonderful guides, who work their buns off to make this a great place to be.

If they auditioned, I'm sure they'd be voted ON the Island, lol.

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:52 pm

And while I'm at it, I do have some rowdy friends in Euchre, but they're not obscene. When someone gets a little risque, another player usually speaks up with an :x or an :ahem.

It's gonna happen, someone will say something that's out of line. . .and I'm a prude, 99-44/100's of the time. Euchre is okay. Please don't hold it to the standards of Hearts and Spades. We would like to stand alone.

SCE, please don't waste your precious guides on us. Let us guide ourselves. We'll call you if we need you.

Lines form here:

Line one would be for guides who want to come and play in euchre.

Line two would be for the Players who promise to be nice.

KITTN4KIP
Active Poster

Post by KITTN4KIP » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:57 pm

Nana I have to agree with your postings hun, you are one of what I fondly call a seasoned Guide. you know what is playful and what is down right mean, I think you now understand why I posted in the other forum what I did, I do care about others feelings, it just urks the hell out of me when the nice people get slammed and the rest get away with basically murder, I love ya Nana!! and yes ma dear your oppinion counts with me
Tammy aka Angels Kitty

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:58 pm

[quote]

As the Goose, I did what every good guide does, they stand by their fellow guides. Even when I knew the other guide was (wrong, too quick on the trigger, just plain mean) fill in the blank there, I stood by them in the lobby and fought it out with them on IM. I never brought it to the lobby. Well, not til the end.

[quote]

The problem players have is that if they upset a guide they have normaly upset all guides, the word gets around I suppose. When that happens the player has no where to go for help. Standing by your fellow guides may be admirable but it does not engender JUSTICE.

I'll agree that you were a very good guide Goose "Honk Honk"
Enjoy life

Red Red_ Wine
Active Poster

Post by Red Red_ Wine » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:09 pm

KITTN4KIP wrote: Guides do what they can but a majority of the problems lie within problem players, A guide can only do what they can if informed of the situation(s), next time a player desides to push your buttons give a guide a shout. and maybe you'll find they are not that bad :)
Iv'e tried that Kitten and with some it just dosen't work.

Once I was discussing an issue with a guide in a private room with no agrivation between me and her, when another guide entered and silenced me. The second guide was the object of my issue.

I kept it out of the lobby and asked a second guide for help. I thought I was in keeping with the rules, keeping it private, but it seems guides make their own rules.
Enjoy life

KITTN4KIP
Active Poster

Post by KITTN4KIP » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:27 pm

Nana hun sweety dont let them get to you :cry: this upsets me to know you have been torn between the think you love and the friends you have made over the years, Remember you Do have alot of people out there who love ya and respect you.

Tammy aka Angels Kitty