17%
sharing winning points with the sub.
83%

Total votes: 6

lapizule
Noob

share winning points with the sub

Post by lapizule » Sat Dec 16, 2006 4:40 pm

:?: Many times I sub a player been because the player was losing and left, by "luck" some times that game had a come back in a big way, and I find unfear that the sub don't get a piece of the cake, (points) I think if the game turn to be a winning game the sub at list should get a % of the winning, of course if happened the contrary, that game is lost and nothing you could do about it, the points should of come from the originall player since he didn't have the guts to fight for it.
Just a suggestion, I love subbing but I always think how unfear that is.
Is easy to join a game and take off and come later and find later that game was succefull and gain points just becasuse your nick was there, or need to just go and don't make the efford to come back and finish it or what ever the reason is, I always try to come back if I got cut of, some player don't care.
ok

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:17 am

well to set it up that way then the sub would also have to lose points if there was a loss. In many of the cases you describe the player left because they were losing..........

Subbing is doing a favor that is rewarded if you need a sub some day and someone comes and tries to help you out of a mess :)

I am woman I am strong

lapizule
Noob

Post by lapizule » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:13 am

not at all, the player left, given the game for a lost one, if you get a sub to wear the lost you will never be able to finish that game unless you sub with a bot, but if you got some one kind enuff and good player turning the game the other way around yes should of be rewarded. :wink:
ok

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:12 pm

One main problem with rewarding a sub for a win is that he is taking absolutely NO RISK.

When a player enters a game, he is taking a risk that he will lose, and any rewards for a win are therefore justified. When you come into a situation where there is NO risk to yourself, what would be the justification for getting a reward?

Also, as was pointed out, if the sub is to be rewarded for the win, then should he not also be penalized for any loss?

The way it is now, any player who feels so inclined may enter a game as a sub to help out a player who has lost his partner for some reason.

Another point regarding this situation... If a player leaves a game and his seat loses, he takes a loss. If his seat ultimately wins, as I understand it, there is no penalty assessed (he does not get the win, but he does not get penalized for a loss either). It would be a win-win situation therefore if he were to get a friend to join the game as a sub to pick up a few risk-free points while possibly preventing HIM from taking a loss.

There are just too many peeps out there who can find some way to manipulate any situation to gain an unfair advantage. 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

lapizule
Noob

Post by lapizule » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:57 pm

unfortunally the person that have left still get wins points not such a thing that don't, and also get all the points like the one stay and finished the game.Tha's is why I say should of be different. My p have left me thinking we lost the game and the sub was such a good helper and thank to his/her skills the game turn to win way, I wished I could spare some of my points and reward that sub for such a great job.If could I would of be glad to do it.
ok

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:18 am

I MAY be wrong, or things MAY have changed, but as far as I know, when a player leaves a game before it finishes and does not return, there are TWO possibilities:

1) The seat he left loses the game, and the person who left takes the loss in points and gets a loss recorded to his profile as well as an incomplete game, or

2) The seat he left wins the game, and the person who left neither takes a loss NOR gains rating points. The game does NOT count as a win for the person, and he still gets an incomplete game recorded in his profile.

If this is not currently correct, I would appreciate if anyone knowing any changes to please post them.

In EITHER event (win or loss for the seat vacated) any sub who fills in to help finish out the game gets the satisfaction of knowing that he has done a good thing by helping out in an unfortunate situation. He neither has to worry about losing (or gaining) any rating points, nor does he have to contend with a win OR a loss placed in his profile.

And THAT is how it SHOULD be, IMHO. 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

kiddo34
Active Poster

Post by kiddo34 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:00 am

I have been in a tourney and started a game for a player who has a timer on them because they are not in the room. When that player comes back and I leave, I get a message that says "you have chosen to leave the game early, your rating will be adjusted". No matter the outcome, I have been awarded points or had points taken away due to a loss. I am not sure if this has changed but this is a good example of it. The person who leaves the game will get points or have points taken away for a win or loss even if they do not finish the game.

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:13 pm

If you START a game and leave FOR ANY REASON, it is considered "your" game by the server. If the player who replaces you LOSES that game, then you WILL lose rating points. On the other hand, if that player (who is now technically a "sub" in that game) WINS the game, then NO ONE should receive any rating points.

If I am understanding what you said in your post, it seems that in such a situation you GAINED points when the replacement player (whose game it was SUPPOSED to be in the first place) won??? That should NOT have happened. As I stated previously in this thread, if the sub loses, the original player loses points, but if the sub wins, then the original player just remains at par. In NO event does the sub gain OR lose any rating points. 8)

lapizule
Noob

Post by lapizule » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:15 pm

I understand why you lost your point/ win tournement, that person book her name for the tourney and who ever runs the show there can't change the electronic program that hardwood runs, there for you get loose/win points since you strat the game, the computer don't know you a a sub in that tourney, you started the game, my topic is when the player goes and the sub comes in, and is obvious that to change that is a lot of work to reprogram the computer in peticular that part of the program, unfortunally cant happes and if I could sare my points with the person hels me to win and get over and done with the game I would but I can see is not possible.
Have a good time.
Lapizule
ok

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Just a point: MAYBE it could be an option for the sub to make a choice before seeing their hand to be included or not be included as in taking responsibility or not in the games outcome. This serves both situations where someone quits because they are losing the sub does not have to take the loss and in the situation where a player had an connection problem or emergency another could fill in and be rewarded as a player in that game.

I could vote for that

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

lapizule
Noob

Post by lapizule » Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:21 am

me 2 and if there is no one taking the responsability hardwood provide a lot of bots they are happy to sub and ask for nothing in return. I have had also experience in games that I sub after finish every one takes off, no even a simpler thanks, Bots are ideal for that.
Worse when you get there to sub and when you try to win the opposition ask to to kick you out lol bots got no feeling .
:idea: any how see you in games
ok