The G with some Basics.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Re: The G with some Basics.

Post by American Beauty » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:44 pm

Oh and on calling block 3rd seat, bad idea. I can say from experience because I played with a partner who would block 3rd.
The problem with this is trust is compromised.

Trust is compromised... if trust is compromised how do I lead?

Anyway, gl with that.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

wolf_139
Active Poster

Post by wolf_139 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:30 am

well mate you go tell that to the people who play against me on a daily basis. then come back and tell me its statisticly impossible. in real life... yes this statistic is null... but with this card program.. its easy,... sometimes so obvious it smacks ya in the face as for nics in the 3000 range that is statisticly impossible. seeing the ammount you lose just for a single loss. and some of us dont stick to playing people that are 15/1600+ and lose 20 or 30 points per loss.. im the last person to care about rank. on top of the fact if i showed you my last 15 games i'm 100% sure you will find i have called the block in chat... then let them have it as i'm sick of pissing people off and listening to people whine that its cheating or unethical.

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:05 am

3000 is only as impossible as 2000 was back in the day and it's been broken. It is only a matter of time. The rating formula supports it ith the +/_ 50 table setting if peeps who are around the same rating play.

The only hinderance to this is having enough peeps at higher levels to play w/against.

Once you hit the 2100 range it seems it dies off quickly.

Gone are the days where you would get 2 points on a win and 20 on a loss at that high of a rating even with equally rated players.

3000 is attainable.

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 pm

wolf_139 wrote:well mate you go tell that to the people who play against me on a daily basis. then come back and tell me its statisticly impossible. in real life... yes this statistic is null... but with this card program.. its easy,... sometimes so obvious it smacks ya in the face as for nics in the 3000 range that is statisticly impossible. seeing the ammount you lose just for a single loss. and some of us dont stick to playing people that are 15/1600+ and lose 20 or 30 points per loss.. im the last person to care about rank. on top of the fact if i showed you my last 15 games i'm 100% sure you will find i have called the block in chat... then let them have it as i'm sick of pissing people off and listening to people whine that its cheating or unethical.
There is NO way you block with 99% accuracy. First off the only SUCCESSFUL block is blocking a dead blonde hand loner. If you are blocking a stoppable loner the blocking is NULL and it doesn't even count. There are many many hands that can be tried alone but will only make one point. Soooo there is no way you block with 99% accuracy.

MOST dead loners from my statistical perusal of Euchre hands on HW show that RARELY is the Jack even up for those hands. It is normally another lesser card. The ability to predict those with a lesser card up are next to nill depending as I have proven that the 1st seat hand rarely indicates it LET ALONE the third seat hand.

As far as being yelled at for blocking.. I have never experienced that. I have been yelled at for NOT blocking thankfully only to find out we did have the stopper. You say that you don't stick to playing people that are 15/1600+ lifers... WELL get used to the non understanding of the game then.. because as along as you keep playing in that range the accusations and such will continue.

And i'm sorry but we all care about ratings in some way shape or form. That's the truth.

wolf_139
Active Poster

Post by wolf_139 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:37 pm

lol ive played the best and ive beat the best. and im considered one of the best as for not playing for rating... no i dont... why... cuz its a damn game... put money on the line.. yes ill play to take your head off... but untill then its all about having a good time. rating means nothing on this site nor will it ever. simply put i do play for rating on yahoo where there are thousands of cheats and i still manage a meager 3200 rating. its a joke... certain card combinations on this site show you laydown loners and yes 9 out of 10 times we havent had a stop... study the cards on HW and maybe you would know that. ive played for years and i have never seen the crap on any other site. as fgor my accuracy i know im 99% right... its called watching the replays of the game...nothing hiding then when im wrong...and i just called 1 off 5 minutes ago and let them have it... and yes it was laydown....simply put... idiots play for rating... winners play for the hell of it... and sometimes you just give up playing blockem all day for the sake of keeping people happy and not being called a cheat.

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:35 pm

wolf_139 wrote:lol ive played the best and ive beat the best. and im considered one of the best as for not playing for rating... no i dont... why... cuz its a damn game... put money on the line.. yes ill play to take your head off... but untill then its all about having a good time. rating means nothing on this site nor will it ever. simply put i do play for rating on yahoo where there are thousands of cheats and i still manage a meager 3200 rating. its a joke... certain card combinations on this site show you laydown loners and yes 9 out of 10 times we havent had a stop... study the cards on HW and maybe you would know that. ive played for years and i have never seen the crap on any other site. as fgor my accuracy i know im 99% right... its called watching the replays of the game...nothing hiding then when im wrong...and i just called 1 off 5 minutes ago and let them have it... and yes it was laydown....simply put... idiots play for rating... winners play for the hell of it... and sometimes you just give up playing blockem all day for the sake of keeping people happy and not being called a cheat.

No one said rating actually MEANT anything. Stop twisting words. You say study the cards on HW? LMAO scroll back a page. You'll see how much I study the cards on this site on top of the analysis of the RNG data Jonas put out. So don't imply that I DON"T study the cards..... I have insane access databases that I can pull any query you want doll and I can tell you based on streak the probability of you getting euched on a call.

NOONE has ever ever called me a cheat for blocking.. maybe there's something that we don't know... which is the real reason you ARE being called a cheat....

I would gladly sit against you for a long serious ANY day....

You're probably one of those that comes into a room rides out a HW 10 to 0 on ONE game then flaunts that you're better than others then leaves.

A real Euchre player will sit for a true series not ride the wave for one game and leave.

I wonder why you really ARE called a cheat.

You're resident Rating Idiot
Janet

wolf_139
Active Poster

Post by wolf_139 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:56 pm

lol funny i am one that does a runner and brags after a 10 to 0 raught when i sit and play full tourneys love where 3/4 of the players would make half of you rating mongers look silly. you ever want a series against me make a tourney.. make the final.. im usually there if im in the tourney. and your right rating does mean nothing and shows nothing of skill seeing you pull those ratings playing the same people with the same p's and yes i have been called a cheat... those who win will always be called cheats... and no i dont.. i never have the same p from 1 game to the next how about yourself? dont imply im called a cheat for good reason unless you know who you are talking to. honestly... your best chance of a series.. pick yourself up and go to michigan next month and find a place called the knights taven (if its still called that) ill be back in michigan then and i spend my friday evenings there playing with friends. and btw next time your sitting 3rd seat and holding an off ace two 9's a 10 and the left with the right turned up..... enjoy the ride... as you wont be stopping anything nor will your partner o and if you would like me to prove my point... ill take the 1200+games i have saved to my computer and ill break them down to single hand blocks...and ill you tube it with some pretty music just for you so you dont find it as boring as i find playing on hardwood these days.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:52 pm

Your ruining a GREAT post about the game of Euchre with this crazy bragging about blocking.

This post was meant to help players improve their skills at the game and what maybe the best way to use different strats. If you want to bicker about how good you are at blocking please make a new post, PLEASE.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:22 pm

Good point Dust but rather then make a new post before I have to lock this one, pm each other and let those who are learning from this thread continue to enjoy it.
Thank you

I am woman I am strong

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:20 pm

Hello GrandmaS, Darling please do not lock this post :( :(

Eennie Meenie

The G

Euchre Buff
Noob

Post by Euchre Buff » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:29 pm

Well what i have been told about Gradmas, is she is a very fair person G. She wouldnt lock the post unless it got way outa hand. someone please throw some light on this for me. as i have said in the forum before, im no great player but i still dont understand why a lot of players want trump led to them all the time, they put it in their profiles, they tell you at the table and get crappy if you dont. my understanding is that if you always lead trump there would be no way they would ever call trump on a real skinny hand, and thats what i have come to believe about the truly great players, they are good at going on nothing, but if their partner leads trump to them they are killed in the 1st lead. give me some input peeps, when we should and shouldnt. :?: Buff.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:57 pm

To tell you the truth Buff there are very few if any set rules or everyone could learn them and be great.

I play risk hands and your right if I lead trump each time I did that I would be euchred more than I do normally. Not every call holds to the lead of trump and its a lead to finesse rather than logic. Play my ace off which I have 2 and see where it goes, if to my left trump then I play last card on next trick. I see a lot of times where that lead of trump kills your pards left (only spade) with the lead of right, yes there are advantages of getting both but between pards not the best way to get 2. If I on the other hand have the lead to my pards call with left in hand I lead it to pull trump and they save their right for another trick.

There are times you want to lead trump in that it pays to get all the trump out of the way so you offsuit(s) wins the rest. Another would be to kill the lone stopper.

Bottom line if it was always tab A into slot A and tab B into slot B cards would not be a challenge, so wing it now and then... oh and yeah let your pard to it to without you getting PO'ed.

JUST DUST

PS - I have a rule... if a pard gets mad about the way I play my cards and won't listen to my reason and understand, then it's bye-bye and ty for the games. I will always give it 200% in a game and yes I will take risks when I feel it's time... I too make mistakes and if you don't your wasting your time playing cards, go play the market.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Sat Nov 22, 2008 7:00 pm

Harden1313 wrote:Ok I have something for you all. I just got jumped for leading next in the 1st seat when it was picked up by the other team. So I'll put it on the table for discussion. When you're in the first seat and trump has been picked up by your opponents what would you lead? I know it depends on what's in your hand of course so I'll give you two possible hands for say spades being trump. (though I'd like to have a general answer for the average hand too)

1: J - 9 hearts, Q of clubs, 10 - Q diamonds

2: A-Q clubs, A-9hearts, 9 spades

I've always thought it's pretty much a gamble when you lead and don't have much in your hand. Because the next suit has one less card out I think the chance your p has one goes down (increasing the chance of making his trump good) and it makes your random throw turn into more of an educated guess instead of blind chance. Am I right or do I need to rethink this? Hope I explained it well enough. :?

I would need to know what Trump is before I could say in those two hand scenarios.

For me i always depends on my hand and gut instinct.... but I do have a few general rules that I play by.

The biggest one I get yelled at for by some of my partners. In 1st seat I tend to NOT like to lead Aces but it really depends on my hand. I can't say I never lead them. If it's a singleton I am most likely to lead it.. If I am 2 deep in that suit.. not so much ... and especially if it is the same color Ace as trump. After tracking Aces and how often they get trumped.. I like to save them for the end when they are less likely to get trumped...

I tend to lead the lowest card of whatever I have the most of that is the opposite color of trump... and the suit that does NOT include an ace. That is my typical lead.... but not ALL the time.

So if I assume trump in the above hands.....

J - 9 hearts, Q of clubs, 10 - Q diamonds Assume Dealer made spades trump..

I have no aces.. so no dilemna there... and since I am two thick in both opposite colors.. I will probably lead the lowest of the Red that has the highest card.... so 10 Diamonds.. hoping the King gets played... and the 9 or J are left out there... making my Queen high.... possibly taking a trick at the end. POSSIBLY...

2nd Hand

A-Q clubs, A-9hearts, 9 spades Assume Diamonds are made trump...

I would lead the 9 spades. In my opinion I have too many clubs and that ace is most likely to get trumped. I would definetly not lead the Ace hearts... since I also have the 9. With diamonds as trump there are only 3 hearts out there... if some aren't in the kitty and that will most likely get whacked right off the bat.

Everyone has their own method... I don't think any rule of thumb is 100% all of the time... and usually dictated by the hand and the trump picked up. I find that more often than not though by leading the opp color that is deepest w/out the ace.... my P is void that suit and can trump in. But not always.

With so many hand combination possibilities... no one rule of thumb is 100%.

I just find this works for me more often than not.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:37 pm

For two weeks now i have been watching games of some players that have been complaining about the deal on HW. Now we all know it can be extremely cruel at times, but what i witnessed in these sessions of watching was amazing. All i say is, stop crossing in the 1st seat when you have better next cards, it's a no brainer guys. some of the crosses were warranted, but the euchres that took place wasn't due to the deal, it was terrible calling in my opinion. Also, players that want to call next in the second seat, the same verdict. Learning how to execute a hand is paramount even with a normal call, but when you are going against your Partner percentage wise, you have to be a very good executor of the hand, or you will get set, this was the case in about two thirds of the hands with a cross call, or approximately 67%. Don't let me put you off crossing, because that's where the great players excel, with the execution of the hand. The players were better off calling a blind next in the 1st seat with the cards they held. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

Euchre Buff
Noob

Post by Euchre Buff » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:03 am

yeah you are right mr G. I for one have a huge problemo in calling next when i don't have a great hand, but then realize the call is for my p also. i cross and then realize that it was so weak, i got set many times and my p ditched me twice. oh well practice makes perfect lol. :| buff