Pat aka NanaGram is ill

American Beauty
Grand Master

Pat aka NanaGram is ill

Post by American Beauty » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:01 pm

NanaGram aka Grey Goose suffered a stroke last Sunday. I just got off the phone with her son and he told me that she is going to be okay. Her speech is recovering but she may not fully regain use of her right arm.

Please keep her in your prayers. She's had quite a hard year with just suffering the loss of her husband, Dan'l, as she so lovingly referred to him, and now this.

I'm hoping they will keep her in the hospital for a little while longer. Tomorrow we will know more for she's going to need a lot of help.

If someone could start one of those get-well cards for her, that would be great. Her Euchre family means so much to her, and you all have been such a tremendous help during her time of need.

Please post the link here.

Thanks so much.

You're friend, Susan

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:41 pm

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Jessie176
Noob

Post by Jessie176 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:03 pm

Your welcome Susan.

I spoke with Pat this morning. She sounds very fragile. But was very happy to hear from me. She said she exspects to be in the hospital for a few more days, still undergoing tests to make sure it was just a stroke she had. She sends her love to everyone and thanks everyone for thinking of her.
DJ_JESSIE

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:08 pm

Pat is a tough ole goose.. i have every confidence that she'll be back with us shortly. I won't allow myself or anyone else to think otherwise :wink:

Thanks for starting the card. I know she will be tickled to read it, when she's able.

for what it's worth

Razler
Grand Master

Post by Razler » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:51 pm

Thank you Susan, and thanks also for taking the time to
setup the group card.
It’s never easy being the bearer of sad tidings , especially
when it involves someone so loved.
Image here's to the day!!

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:20 pm

I talked to her this morning too, and she sounded great! We laughed like we always do, but I did notice she wore out fast. She wants me to call everyday and she's expecting me to come out to visit this weekend, so I'll keep an update. Man, she's so demanding!

Hugs, ty everyone! :)

Joe Andrews
Active Poster

Best Wishes

Post by Joe Andrews » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:16 pm

Pat Young (Grey Goose / Nanagram) has been my friend for the past four years. We have " rendezvoused" at "live" events from St. Augustine, FL, to Chicago to Cleveland, and Lansing, and so on. She has supported GP "live" Euchre events, and always had fun. The players love her! This courageous woman lost her beloved husband a few months ago, and now, she must recover from a stroke. Mercy! Life can be so unfair and unpredictable. However, Pat has the love of the HW community, and a very strong will.

I want to extend my wishes to Pat for a complete recovery. I hope to see her at the Vegas '07 event, as well as the Lansing Euchre Nationals. GP would not be the same without "the Goose".

She is in my prayers....

_Joe A

x MISSY x
Big Poster

Post by x MISSY x » Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:26 pm

TY susan for the update..Im at a loss 4 words rite now w/all thats happend to her alredi.

I met her a few years ago in cleveland, and I kno that she is a strong loving person that will not let anything keep her down. Please let her kno I luv her and hope for a speedy recovery.

RANGERRIC77
Active Poster

Prayers

Post by RANGERRIC77 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:33 pm

Get well Soon Pat, we miss ya. You and Pretty Smile are in my prayers.

All My Love, Ranger
http://www.theranger.net/index.php

Good cards don't win games, Good players do ! but good cards help.

Ranger Ric 77 http://www.myleague.com/rsc/

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:49 am

Nana I hope you return soon and wish you well in your recovery. Now get back in here and play some Euchre!!

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Moordock
Grand Master

:)

Post by Moordock » Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:03 am

Yes get back here soon. The lobby is not the same without the Goose on the loose!

Moor

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:06 am

Is there any update on Pat?
for what it's worth

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:43 am

No, I keep trying to call her cell phone and get sent directly to voice mail. And her home phone just rings and rings. I do know she's out of the hospital, and is probably staying with someone. Who that is, I'm not sure. I'll try contacting her son later.

~ Susan

BTW, I thought there was a limit to the size of siggys

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Feb 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Are you saying my ziggy is too big Susan.... LOL. It was such a cool pic I wanted to share.

JUST DUST

PS - watching this for updates
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

camry1

Nana

Post by camry1 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 7:38 pm

Nana

I want to tell you that you are in my prayers and thoughts. I am praying for you to have a rapid recovery and get back to smoots.. You are missed and all your friends will help you through this. Hope to see you in Las Vegas in May.
Take care and be strong.

Ccamry