Questions about Lobby Disruption and Ignore List

Sweetness n Light
Noob

Questions about Lobby Disruption and Ignore List

Post by Sweetness n Light » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:09 am

I have read the terms of service and have seen Guides silence players for disrupting the Lobby. In some cases IMO this has been more than justified - in another case, more recently, it was for a player asking questions, in a logical and rational manner, about the standards for assessing what was deemed an "appropriate" name.

While this player behaved in a polite manner, the questions were repetitive and somewhat facetious - and seemed to be annoying to many in the room - when Guide A silenced them that certainly ended that discussion - whether it was justifed is debateable.

However, in the room, on many many occassions there is also a player who constantly insults other players, issues general abuse and challenges to all and sundry, personally accuses many who play at his table and any watchers in the room. He generally creates an on going disturbance in the lobby by boasting of his prowess as a Euchre Champ and continually questions the ratings and win percentages of many players and often by inference, accuses them of artificially high ratings.. His obnxious behaviour offends many in the room - many of whom comment about being tired of witnessing his constant insulting behaviour.

Does this player ever get silenced ?
Not that i have witnessed.

In fact the above mentioned Guide A - not only seems to condone his behaviour, but on the same day she silenced "the questioner" she promptly changes from blue name into a new name that indicates that she'd B Smooching with the offensive player and joins him at a table to partners him in a game.

By witnessing the above - i understand that this offensive player - is somehow protected from sanctions that would normally be applied curtail such behaviour. In fact, the offensive player often publicly states he has been employed by Silver Creek to lift the standard of play in euchre ... ????

Whether he is employed by Silver Creek or not, the lobby continues to be disrupted regardless of your Terms of Service.

Consequently, whenever i now enter the room and see the offensive player there - i have to add that offensive player to my ignore list - (I might add i now do the same for Guide A) so as not to diminish my enjoyment of playing cards.

My Question is why do i have to add this person everytime i enter the room - is it possible that the server can save preferences for ignore list ?

Also, is it also possible that the Terms of Service be applied consistently across the board to all players ?

Many of us come to play cards in a congenial setting - if the atmosphere in euchre is continually unpleasant I am sure we will go to other sites to play.

Sweetness n Light

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:27 am

Sweetness if you have an issue with how a particular guide is or isn't doing their job, you need to email the details to support@silvercrk.com, with the name of the guide so they can look into it.

There is not at this time a way to save someone on your ignore list so that when you log off they stay on it.

I am woman I am strong

Sweetness n Light
Noob

Post by Sweetness n Light » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:34 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I am sure there is more than one guide overseeing the euchre room - yet the lobby disruption and offensive insulting behavior of the player I described has been ongoing for weeks now (on some ocassions lasting for more than an hour).

Seems I will just have to continue to use the Ignore facility every time I need to.

Cheers
Sweetness n Light

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:04 pm

I would just like to add that i have spoken to the Guide that you were concerned about and she assured me that it was in hand about this Obnoxious bighead. I agree why should we have to put up with this guy. Every single night he comes on and blows his Trumpet of how good he is, i still haven' t worked out yet what he is good at. What i truly don' t understand is on the face of it nothing much has been done at all and yet alot of the well known players on the site would have been banned by now without a doubt. I know for sure that i will not put up with it any longer. Guides and Admin please sort this Boy out, we shouldn't have to write to admin about this because all the Guides know who we are talking about, please fix him.

Eennie Meenie

The G.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:22 pm

Fact:

Players do not know when another player gets silenced, unless it's announced.

Fact:

Player getting banned is not publically disclosed.

Fact:

Huge assumtions.... huge.

Fact:

AB smooches many players in both blue and green nics.

Fact:

I will not discuss how admin has dealt with any player. It's private.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:51 am

I certainly wasn't having a go at you Susan but hey this guy does get away with Murder, and why i say this is, because the Boy is still on the site, (i think) i just don't want to believe that all the petty things that go down on here that players get a ban for and we have a guy here that basically incites a riot nightly and gets next to nothing, something is very wrong here. I asked for a Guide the other night for an hour, no one fronted and the Lobby was rioting, then ten minutes later one turned up and silenced another player for next to nothing, i will say no more. All i am saying is this has to be fixed permanently. This is not a personal attack on any Guide but dozens of players are really peeved with this Guy, and they SHOULDN'T have to go through admin when you guys know about him and can sort it. :)

American Beauty
Grand Master

Re: Questions about Lobby Disruption and Ignore List

Post by American Beauty » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:15 am

Sweetness n Light wrote: While this player behaved in a polite manner, the questions were repetitive and somewhat facetious - and seemed to be annoying to many in the room - when Guide A silenced them that certainly ended that discussion - whether it was justifed is debateable.
The "questioner" was just being argumentative. I told him his options but they were not good enough. He started making
demands, saying that the only way he would take his "questions" out of the lobby was if I would get administration to meet with them in Glenda's right away.

He was warned more than once, verbally and with my warning tool, however you would not know that because it's private. It might not be sweet of me to say, but really, it's none of your business.

Sweetness n Light wrote: However, in the room, on many many occassions there is also a player who constantly insults other players, issues general abuse and challenges to all and sundry, personally accuses many who play at his table and any watchers in the room. He generally creates an on going disturbance in the lobby by boasting of his prowess as a Euchre Champ and continually questions the ratings and win percentages of many players and often by inference, accuses them of artificially high ratings.. His obnxious behaviour offends many in the room - many of whom comment about being tired of witnessing his constant insulting behaviour.
Do what everyone else does, file.
Sweetness n Light wrote: Does this player ever get silenced ?
Not that i have witnessed.
Many times, but really, here again, its none of your business.
Sweetness n Light wrote: In fact the above mentioned Guide A - not only seems to condone his behaviour, but on the same day she silenced "the questioner" she promptly changes from blue name into a new name that indicates that she'd B Smooching with the offensive player and joins him at a table to partners him in a game.
If I chose to play with a person that has behavioral problems, what's that to you?
Criticize me all you like, I know my own motives.

In fact, if the "questioner" asked me to a game, I would have been delighted to play. How do you think I befriended the "offender"? Of course, he challenged me to a game, right after his silence wore off.
Sweetness n Light wrote: By witnessing the above - i understand that this offensive player - is somehow protected from sanctions that would normally be applied curtail such behaviour. In fact, the offensive player often publicly states he has been employed by Silver Creek to lift the standard of play in euchre ... ????
Here is where you make huge assumptions. This "offensive" player has been banned many times, and if and when he is banned again, there will be nothing I can do about it, or would care to do about it. Everytime he's been banned, he's deserved it.
Sweetness n Light wrote: Whether he is employed by Silver Creek or not, the lobby continues to be disrupted regardless of your Terms of Service.

Consequently, whenever i now enter the room and see the offensive player there - i have to add that offensive player to my ignore list - (I might add i now do the same for Guide A) so as not to diminish my enjoyment of playing cards.
Ignore me all you wish, you wont hurt my feelings.
Sweetness n Light wrote: My Question is why do i have to add this person everytime i enter the room - is it possible that the server can save preferences for ignore list ?

Also, is it also possible that the Terms of Service be applied consistently across the board to all players ?

Many of us come to play cards in a congenial setting - if the atmosphere in euchre is continually unpleasant I am sure we will go to other sites to play.

Sweetness n Light
Sorry, at this time you will have to use your iggy button each time.
Last edited by American Beauty on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:25 am

callme7 wrote:I certainly wasn't having a go at you Susan but hey this guy does get away with Murder, and why i say this is, because the Boy is still on the site, (i think) i just don't want to believe that all the petty things that go down on here that players get a ban for and we have a guy here that basically incites a riot nightly and gets next to nothing, something is very wrong here. I asked for a Guide the other night for an hour, no one fronted and the Lobby was rioting, then ten minutes later one turned up and silenced another player for next to nothing, i will say no more. All i am saying is this has to be fixed permanently. This is not a personal attack on any Guide but dozens of players are really peeved with this Guy, and they SHOULDN'T have to go through admin when you guys know about him and can sort it. :)
Garry, you and I have come to an understanding with each other and have learned to respect each other. If I could give you my tools for late night to deal with him I would. But because I have teenagers in my home we have decided that the internet is to be automatically turned off promptly at 11, and I have submitted myself to this discipline too.

Might I make a suggestion.

Accept his challenge and play with him. You might be surprised.
He is actually a good player. He's not afraid to call and has excellent instincts. Anyway, it's just a suggestion.

Lucky
Active Poster

Post by Lucky » Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:55 pm

I feel I have to say something on this issue too.
while i have never noticed any favoritism amongst the guides to this individual, he is constantly goading and having a go at lots of other players, this cannot continue it seems he knows when there are no guides about as that is the only time he does it, it seems to be my early mornings ( I am in the UK ) and as a rule most of the guides ( US Based ) are all in bed by then. I have and do file a report every time it happens but he never seems to stop.
Surely it would be easier to make friends with the other players rather than make enemys of them !!!!!!!!!!

As a footnote I would like to add that I have myself tried to make a friend of him but he still insists on goading and being downright nasty to me still.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Halloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:10 am

It is not very often The G is stuck for words but i just don't believe this player is still allowed on the site. I sat in the Lobby for 3hours off and on last night while this guy just abused, hasseled and heckled players until they either left or he went into a game. When he came out of a game he just carried on. What the hell is going on here, AM I IN A DREAM? A guide was called for but for some reason they are never around when this low creature is performing. I refuse to report the guy as nothing ever happens. Why is it that no Guides are ever around for him. I didn't say a word as i know if i had started i would have copped a life ban. He abused a player in a game and she jumped and asked for a Guide for 15mins but to no avail. I know of 6 players that are not coming back here while that guy is here.

SOMEONE DO SOMETHING.

Eennie Mennie,

The G.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:44 am

Hi Gary

I came in last night around 1 am after reading your post. Hung around for alittle while and everyone seemed to be doing fine.

If you would like you can add me to your messenger (MSN) and message me if you see this kind of thing starting.

I will try to come in late night more often and see if we can get this handled :)

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Sweetness n Light
Noob

Post by Sweetness n Light » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:16 pm

Planned ignoring is an intervention strategy that has been effectively used to reduce inappropriate behaviors. Planned ignoring occurs when an adult ignores minor irritants or silliness in a child. It also requires the adult to determine which behaviors will stop on their own and which behaviors need intervention.

Most parents agree that children do lots of things (including some that are inappropriate) just to get attention. If ignored, children will stop many of these behaviors. Parents and other family members must choose which of these behaviors are sufficiently bothersome or inappropriate to target for change.

For the intervention to be most effective, everyone— parents, family members, teachers, fellow card players—must agree which behavior to target and what it looks like.

Once the behavior to be ignored has been specifically identified and everyone has agreed to respond by ignoring the behavior, the intervention may begin.

Parents or other people who are implementing planned ignoring should be very specific about what behavior is acceptable in what conditions.

One of the most difficult consequences of planned ignoring is that the behavior may increase for a brief time after the intervention begins. Parents must be patient and wait it out. Some parents give up: “It just didn’t work.â€

Butthead
Active Poster

Post by Butthead » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:37 pm

Sorry Sweetness n Light......
:cry:

Even though you might feel this is a good recommendation called "PLANNED IGNORING".....It shouldnt even have to be addressed in a Family Oriented Recreational Site.

Also, if in fact it is a child that is doing this, they should not be up at these hours of occurance either! :shock:

I am not debating your thoughtful ideas of creating a solution to an ongoing problem, but I think it is VERY NICE that "GrandmaS" is offering her services to get this resolved in a proper way as well.
:D

I put my vote in for "GrandmaS" to see if she can be of help since it seems she must be a "Guide" and is willing to offer her NonPaid Services (at a Very Inconvenient time for her as well) to see if she can get the lobby back in a uniform state from a person who is obviously trying to keep upsetting people!

The reason I feel she gets my vote is because this way if this person persists.....she can actually get the ball rolling to get this person BANNED :!:

Why should the Whole Lobby and Good Behaving PAID members be subjected to this abuse any further AND why should they also be subjected to ignorring a situation (that I AGREE with you) that would get elevated even worse before going away? :oops:

That part just doesnt make sense to me.

Again, I am not disputing your creative thoughts, I am just entering my thoughts as well as my vote too. :D

I just wish everyone could be good and get along, if not, they need to go away and leave good people alone.

Sweetness n Light
Noob

Post by Sweetness n Light » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:16 pm

Butthead, childish behavior does not only occur in children - as i am sure YOU are more than fully aware.

[ put my vote in for "GrandmaS" to see if she can be of help since it seems she must be a "Guide" and is willing to offer her NonPaid Services (at a Very Inconvenient time for her as well) to see if she can get the lobby back in a uniform state from a person who is obviously trying to keep upsetting people!

The reason I feel she gets my vote is because this way if this person persists.....she can actually get the ball rolling to get this person BANNED Exclamation ]

Many Guides have been and are aware of the situation and have offered their services - and yet the behavior continues and escalates at times when guides are not present. Soooooooooooo

As "big grown up people", we can just use the Ignore facility - and then get on and enjoy our cards games - all i was suggesting (some what sarcastically) is that it may also, as an added bonus, reduce the behaviour. No need for a vendetta or to talk about banning people at all.

Just hit the ignore button and they are gone from your world !! Bliss. Just wish you did not have to do it over and over again to the same people when you enter the room.

cheers
Sweetness n Light
PS Planned Ignoring is a recognized child behavior modification plan - i was being wry !! google it !!

PPS I am now totally bored with this whole topic of conversation - play card, play smart, play fair !!

Lucky
Active Poster

Post by Lucky » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:25 pm

"As "big grown up people", we can just use the Ignore facility - and then get on and enjoy our cards games - all i was suggesting (some what sarcastically) is that it may also, as an added bonus, reduce the behaviour. No need for a vendetta or to talk about banning people at all. "

"Just hit the ignore button and they are gone from your world !! Bliss. Just wish you did not have to do it over and over again to the same people when you enter the room. "

Hear Hear Sweetness i fully agree.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Halloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo