Questions about Lobby Disruption and Ignore List

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:21 am

Maggs what I saw was not bad certainly not bad enough to even silence, I left at 1:30 am my time, I have kids to get up and get off to school at 7 am which means while I am trying to help you take care of this issue I am not getting much sleep.

I am trying and hoping between the several guides who are willing to come in what is very late for them that we can catch him. I have also contacted admin and they are checking into it.

Please understand were not all on the same time zones, and we are doing our best to take care of this issue.

I am woman I am strong

Joyce

Post by Joyce » Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:43 pm

..... wow ... with this attitude, it's lucky any guide wants to be bothered. I, for one, am thankful that those people are at least trying to help. Thank you grandmas ..... a little appreciation goes a long way. And get some sleep :lol:

maggs_01
Active Poster

Post by maggs_01 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:18 pm

I know we're not on the same time zone Linda but isn't there a way of contacting another guide and notifying them that he's in there and to please take over? I didn't mean to be so abrasive to you. I realize you need sleep too. It's just that it's getting to be too much. Are there no guides from Australia that could jump in? If not, someone please volunteer to guide for awhile at least until this guy is dealt with. Personally, I think someone in administration ought to lose a little sleep, stay up and catch this guy themselves. After all, it's their site and they are well aware of the problem. If it was my site, I wouldn't expect guides to lose sleep. It's Hardwood that gets the bad reputation. So, how about it those in administration. Step up to the plate and take on the responcibility when your guides are too tired and have a life besides taking care of your business. Really, you can't expect them to be over taxed, especially when the job they do is free to you.
Last edited by maggs_01 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

maggs_01
Active Poster

Post by maggs_01 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:33 pm

Now I'll probably get banned for laying it on administration. LOL
Last edited by maggs_01 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:06 pm

Good one Joyce, now let's just hope that you aren't in the direct firing line of this creature with his violent threats and rubbish. This goes back many months and the good people have had enough, it's understandable people are getting toey. I am tired of seeing nice people so upset that they have vowed never to return here until that creature is removed. Joyce you are right, Linda is doing everything she can but i truly believe Admin doesn't really know how obnoxious this weed is. Let's just hope it will be sorted quickly. One thing i will just about bet my bottom Dollar on, is that when a Guide is watching in Cognito he will be an absolute Angel, and we all know why that is. :(

Eennie Mennie,

The G

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:33 pm

My comment won't be popular, but I guess I'll offer it anyway.

I have played at HW for many years .. I guess 5 now. I have watched many "difficult" players come and go....... never (and i do mean NEVER) would I give a problem player, my personal power.

Please don't think I'm directing this AT you maggs, but I am addressing the comment that it's time to find another place to play euchre. OK, who won? He did.. you just gave that problem person, your personal power AND the victory :)

Is it annoying? frustrating? peeving? of course...... but hells bells, he isn't getting that power over me (he can't get it, unless i give it :wink: ).

Thank you for listening.
for what it's worth

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:14 pm

What times (EST please or denote what time your talking in) is the person most likely to show, I work and play at weird hours and will try to help out if you can give me some sort of lookout time frame

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

maggs_01
Active Poster

Post by maggs_01 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:19 pm

Is it possibly this idiot is a guide and that's why he knows when guides are around incognito? Can all guides tell if another guide is in the room or lobby incognito? It has to either be that or someone is warning him. Not all players can know all guides other nics or when they are not in blue. It just seems fishy. I gotta agree with G.

As for personal power, I don't play in Hardwood to overcome their problems. I go to relax and have a good time. If it can't be had here, there are thousands of sites. I'll save my personal power for work and home where it really counts. Hardwood is one in many and unless something is done, there won't be many good people left. If people like him are allowed to be abusive, obnoxious and an all around idiot, why is it I can get in trouble for saying oh chit? That's not even close to what goes on in the lobby and rooms with him in it.
Last edited by maggs_01 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

maggs_01
Active Poster

Post by maggs_01 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:22 pm

Hey Dust. I'm on PST so anywhere after 5 p.m. until late into the night. Usually late, after midnight. And when guides are called when he's kicking up dust, no one comes even when we know a guide is around. Ugh, no pun intended. LOL
Last edited by maggs_01 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:41 pm

They are not a guide, I can tell you that much for sure.

Dust IM me and I can fill you in on some times and such

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Kamikaze17
Noob

Questions about Lobby Disruption and Ignore List

Post by Kamikaze17 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:49 pm

After reading about everybody's frustration regarding this situation, maybe it's time for me to throw my two cents worth in and offer a possible solution to the late night dramas!

To the best of my knowledge there is not a guide hailing from our timezone. Maybe it is time to change this. I urge any Aussie or Kiwi plares in hardwood that feel they have the time and patience to be an over-seer to make applications to do just that.

I think it would do Hardwood justice to look into doing this. I know of a few players in the UK that would be happy to donate there time as well in order to keep the "family orientated site" the way it was intended.

If a link to a Guide Application can be posted here or if someone can send me an email regarding this, I would be more than happy to be the first to apply. It is very frustrating to see the standards in the lobby drop as soon as you fantastic guides try to get some sleep.

Best of luck to ev1 and may the euchre gods shine on you.
War not determine who is right... War determine who is left!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:08 pm

There is no link to a guide application. If your interested in becoming a guide you contact a guide. You can do this in the game when you see one or you can PM one from here.

Also that while it might help in the long run, it won't help with the immediate situation. As guides have to be trained, training is done with a current guide, and can take upwards of a month. I am praying the current situation doesn't last that long. However, when one situation ends another is sure to begin.........

So if you have been a member for at least 6 months, have a clean SCE(hardwood) record and are out going, friendly, helpful and interested in helping keep this a family friendly site feel free to talk to a guide :)

(one other quality you will need is to have a tough skin, and be prepared that if your friends break the rules you will have to take action on them the same as you would anyone else :) This can cause a loss of some friends)

Guide pay-0 dollars, lots of hugs and hi's........ :)

I am woman I am strong

Sweetness n Light
Noob

Post by Sweetness n Light » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:53 pm

Ahhh - It seems i was annoyed last night - even my typos went uncorrected .. midly was sposed to be mildly... and i even self censored the worst out.. and yes, agreed, however you spell it, conversations about threesome are not on !!

I also agree with others that it is almost as if the presence of guides is known and not one bad thing is uttered when they are there.

Yes, I cannot imagine why anyone would WANT to be a guide in the first place, let alone give up sleep, to supervise a room of adults playing cards !! Sainthood is pending for most of you !!

BUT I cannot understand why guides need to be present, if the lobby chat can be reviewed by admin, when it is seen that night after night (some respite occasionally) and i am talking Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time - this occurs - why... and what do we report? Hey, if we all reported rude and ignorant people or "unfunny" behavior, imagine time it would take us (well me, personally lol) .... and the time it would take admin...... and ..the lobby ... would it return to being just that, a place to catch up with others for games on a site for playing cards !!

Cheers
SweetnessnLight

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:06 pm

One reason if the guides can take care of it (anything short of a ban) then admin doesn't have to and they can take care of other things.

I am not a saint lol, but I do respect the type of site that the owners have set up here and am willing to put in my time helping keep it that way.

:)

I am woman I am strong

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:59 am

Omg hang on Ladies and Gentlemen i will just wash the sleep out of my eyes and get a grip on myself and Log out of HW and come in again. Omg i wasn't dreaming, "The menace" is back and carrying on where he left off 3 weeks ago. I am totally dumbfounded and so angry about this i am speechless. (well i thought i was) He threatened players, rubbished them, mocked them and generally caused incitement and brought this great site into disrepute. I am lost and just can't believe that such an easy line was taken with him. Same old rubbish, the longer he is on the drunker he gets then we all cop it. I'm outa words and thats not easy for me. Please fix this. :(

Eennie Meenie

The G