Questions about Lobby Disruption and Ignore List

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:05 pm

Interesting thread to say the least......When I used to have problems with trouble players I would file report after report.....and still I would see the players causing trouble.....So I emailed the powers that be and complained......and got told to file a report lol.......So I now I mainly use the ignore feature or contact a reliable guide on msn......and if I couldnt contact a guide...I learned to not let it become a major disruption in my life and just did what I came to HW to do.....play cards... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

maggs_01
Active Poster

Post by maggs_01 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:13 pm

Admiral Primal Instict. If we all ignore it maybe it will go away? NOT! Why should everyone in Hardwood have to put up with this kind of stuff. And don't even mention that we should all feel sorry for this Joker because he is *sick*. If he's a drunk, he chose to be a drunk. New players on the site do not know how to use ignore, nor should they really have to. This is administration problem and I can't see that they care whatsoever.
Last edited by maggs_01 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:58 am

This thread concerned me enuff to post back on March 12 offering my IM to those who requested it. Not one person asked for it. This would indicate that the ignore feature is working just fine for most who are offended by this player. :lol:
for what it's worth

maggs_01
Active Poster

Post by maggs_01 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:40 am

I know a number of people that never go to the forum. They just go into hardwood to play. When Mr. Slob is around, they leave and play somewhere else, just as I do. We've complained enough with nothing being done. Trying to sugar coat bad stuff seldom works. You may have offered your IM but I'm sure the message hasn't gotten to many people. Besides Wist, I seldom see you in Hardwood. Maybe we're in there at different times, but if you can't be seen, how is anyone to ask you for your IM? If you haven't noticed enough complaints here to do anything about it, a private IM to you is not going to get any further results.

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:59 pm

Besides Wist, I seldom see you in Hardwood
Ummm.. i'm in HW everyday, unless i'm on vacation. And what i originally offered was to PM me here and i would provide an IM.
We've complained enough with nothing being done.
Did someone not say that this had started again after 3 weeks of no activity? Now i'm not privy to the actions admin takes, but, as a player, that would indicate to me that something rather than nothing, was done.
a private IM to you is not going to get any further results
An IM to me or any other guide might not be the answer, but in my way of thinking, trying to help is better than not trying.
for what it's worth

Kamikaze17
Noob

Post by Kamikaze17 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:20 pm

This has started again after the person in question had been put in a time out for a period of 3 weeks. that to me would suggest that it had absolutely no effect!!
Pretty sure Wist, that maggs told you that she knows of many people that do not use the forum.... well i know many that don't even know it exists. so sending a PM to you here is unlikely to happen.

We complained, and after an amazingly long amount of time, something got done! Now the problem is back...... How long are we going to have to wait this time??

War not determine who is right... War determine who is left!

Sweetness n Light
Noob

Post by Sweetness n Light » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:24 am

Thank you Wist .. but if you read all this thread .. honestly, whats the point .. why contact you... to do what .. when it has been and it is clear in the lobby whats happening ...report, report and report and whats the point .. now its back .. and sadly good people are reacting badly!!

BUT now it also seems to me there are others who are equally offensive in the lobby at this time .. some "interesting" females who blatantly are seeking something !!

Seems word has spread - euchre lobby - free for all loons !! Sad really cos i liked this site. Oh well - lowest common denominators rule !!

:cry: SweetnessnLight :cry:

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:57 am

I have probably had my share of opinion on this, but you are right Sweetness, the Lobby at that time of the day is horrible. What has happened to this place? Same old rubbish every damn night. Our friend made it that difficult for one player last night she had to leave before she was totally demoralized by him, no Guide. I will not report anymore, HW has to do the decent thing and have a UK, Australian or New Zealand Guide trained up to shut this guy down. This is one time of the day that a guide is required in Euchre for most of the time, yet during the day with nothing happening Guides are plentiful. He has a following now and it's becoming insane. As far as i am concerned they are just a couple of drunken Morons that run this place at that time, sorry admin but thats the way i feel and many others as well. I don't expect for one minute that the guides that have other shifts to do this. I have been told the Lady that was insulted has reported, god i hope so. I have known so many good people on here that did a couple of things that weren't too classy and they recieved life bans, why is this guy getting the soft play, he is 100 times worse than anyone that has been on the site. :(

Eennie Meenie

The G

maggs_01
Active Poster

Post by maggs_01 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:44 pm

I have known so many good people on here that did a couple of things that weren't too classy and they recieved life bans, why is this guy getting the soft play, he is 100 times worse than anyone that has been on the site.
Interesting isn't it. Some very good players and big supporters of Hardwood have been life banned for much less than this. Makes ya wonder who he's related to.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Apr 12, 2007 5:03 pm

He's not related to Da Ogre for sure.........

Even if he is acting like one......

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:51 am

Without a doubt HardWood was the best Euchre site on the Planet, now it is the worst at a certain hour with our drunken, Abusing, threatening Bully back on the late shift. What do we have to do to convince admin that this Guy is not good for their site, full stop. The stuff he does is so far out of line it's monstrous. The Lobby chat alone will make interesting reading, approx 11-00am-12noon i think Est. 24/4/07, plus all the rubbish in his games as well, but hey he has done all of this before so what happens now? another slap over the wrist with a wet Bus ticket. I will not stop going on until this guy is sorted. I was told by a guide that it's not my job, hey guess what i am making it mine because i feel cheated that this specimen is ruining my playing time that i have very little of these days. Dozens of players have had a real gutsful but they now choose to stay away instead of doing something. If i hear anyone say to me again to use my mute button i will post it to them. To all of his followers who go along with him good riddance to you lot as well. Help. :(

Eennie Meenie,

The G

JupiterCoyote
Active Poster

Post by JupiterCoyote » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:06 pm

Kamikaze as i said on the other page i was leaving for work when 3 people IMed me i came in quickly and handled the situation till i could get home and am still working on it.

tlj97526
Active Poster

Post by tlj97526 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:39 pm

Kamikaze17 wrote:This has started again after the person in question had been put in a time out for a period of 3 weeks. that to me would suggest that it had absolutely no effect!!
Pretty sure Wist, that maggs told you that she knows of many people that do not use the forum.... well i know many that don't even know it exists. so sending a PM to you here is unlikely to happen.

We complained, and after an amazingly long amount of time, something got done! Now the problem is back...... How long are we going to have to wait this time??

Tammy here with Silver Creek. I can understand your frustration. I have banned this person every which way possible and so has another staff member. Unfortunately this person seems to be a bit smart around the computer. We are trying. We are not trying to ignore anyone or ignore a report. We are working in it.

There are thousands more players then Admins and guides. Yeah writing up a report is a pain, but we do look at each one. We do not automatically review the lobby chat each and everyday. That is impossible. If there is a report filed then we do jump on it.

The guides are doing a great job. It's a tough job. The guides know they can contact us ASAP and they do and they do it often. There are days when all we do is look at reports and ban people. We can not please all but we try our best.

The menace has been banned again today and my so-worker will again look into it further.

If you have any questions, PM me.

One thing to keep in mind. Please do not use our phone lines for questions on banning. Use email only. I get a lot of phone calls about this and I hate to turn anyone down, but we can not help if you call in. The phone is reserved for tech support.

Tammy

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:52 pm

Good Job Tam

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!