Guides aren't the problem with guides

Butthead
Active Poster

Post by Butthead » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:08 am

Thank You Susan for also knowing I do NOT mean any harm to ANYONE on this site.

Again, I know I am NOT the most "Gentle" person when it comes to getting to that "Grey Area" (he he he) ....

BUT I DO respect the site for what it stands for AND the people that Patronize it as well!

I appreciate your explaination of how I also have been "playerized" as well so "OTHERS" who ever they be now or in the future UNDERSTANDS that I am NOT getting ANY "Preferrential" treatments!

I just hope everyone has fun, because that is what REALLY COUNTS!

Doc
Active Poster

Post by Doc » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:31 pm

I find it interesting that some of the guides are deffensive. Maybe some of them do like the feeling of power and want an easy way for other ppl to think of them as go-to ppl. :?

Allow me to clarify the point. It seems to me that Admin, who doesn't want to spend the time policing the site themselves, recruits some "guides" to do it for them. So from their point of view these nice ppl are providing a free service. (They simply don't realize that, because of their personality, the guide wants the job more than Admin needs them to have the job.)

Ok, so the stage is set. You know where admins head is at. Now think of it from their point of view. A guide takes a nic that wasn't really offensive to anyone. Is Admin going to give it back? Ofcourse not (if you're going to aruge this please have specific examples). They don't want to offend the guide who, in their mind, is doing them a favor by being a guide. Alternatively, if all they were doing was getting a list of nics that may be offensive; then they don't feel like they're second guessing anyone. Not to mention the consistency this would provide the site with. Remember the guides would still be censoring the clearly offensive nics and comments. So what's a day or two for a nic that might be crossing the line?

Again, I'd expect more ppl to support this, especially the guides. Afterall doesn't a wise man seek instruction and correction? (it's somewhere in the Bible, gonna go with Probvers......Solomon said a lotta stuff like that)

Butthead
Active Poster

Post by Butthead » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:47 pm

Sorry Doc.... :(

Ya really got me confused now! :?

I was just saying Thank You to Susan (Who I think is a Very Good Guide), and now I see your statement.

If you took her reply to me as being defensive, I think you got the wrong picture, because I didnt take it that way at all.

If you are saying or referring to something else, I apologize to you then for this insert... :lol:

I just wanted to make sure that Susan (GotJack) is cleared of any wrong thoughts to her or my posts in here. :D

No debate meant or inferred...I just wanted to clear the air....afterall...a few have already told me that I have you confused with ANOTHER Doc I know lol :roll:

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:33 am

OMG where do i sign, how much do i owe, this is too complicated for me. LMAO. Going to the bar for an Orange juice, Amal join me.

Eennie Mennie,

The G.

XAmaltheaX
Active Poster

Post by XAmaltheaX » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:41 am

Hihihihi believe me, after this one I decided not to post on forum again. Vodka orange juice for me bartender 8)
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:54 am

Help they got our drinks mixed up, Amal got mine, i got the Vodka and turned into a Russian. Is this Hardwood? GUIDE PLEASE, HICK HICK!!!!

GGGGGGGGGG.

Tamara
Noob

Post by Tamara » Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:23 pm

Can i join u guys? i sure need some beer :D :D :D
He bought my world :)

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Yep Tam you can join but you have to talk Croatian ONLY, i am told it's the new Lingo, good stuff, i have my 1st lesson tomorrow, mind you any Tutor will have one Hell of a job teaching me. What Beer would you like? :D

G.

Tamara
Noob

Post by Tamara » Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:21 pm

Woooohooo Croatian only??? are u sure,did u check that?i dont want to get in trouble talking on my languige :D btw i would like some HEINEKEN oops thats Holland beer!! im not sure if we can drink holland beer? i think its better for me to drink BUDWEISER,yes thats gonna be just fine cause i dont want to cause any trouble on here :shock:
He bought my world :)

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Bugger me, I think I see a bunny rabbit.

Post by Terry Brett » Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:39 pm

Sometimes the criticism of nics is 'guide personal', this should not be so, they should look at the bigger picture. I have created nics only to find they have been offensive in another language and personally asked a guide to 'playerize' them. But if nics like 'Anorexic calls Bulimic results' get banned, then someones sense of humor has gone to the blind institute. After all if I had called it 'Thin Calls Chunderous results' it might have got through...jeez i dont know, think I'll take up nit picking, it pays well after all.
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!