Random Deal Generator

card player 1
Noob

Re: Random Deal Generator

Post by card player 1 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:52 pm

Bottom line: changes need to be made. There have been no signifcant changes to this sie since I puchased about 5 yrs ago. Was this site so cutting edge 5 yrs ago that no changes need to be made? When changes are suggested that a signifcant number of people are interested in why does Silvercreek totally ignore us or the suggestions. Do they really value the customers input. What about when you in the Hardwood Lobby why isnt there any easy way to connect to this message board. The only way I know how to do it is by clcking the lobby menu like Im going to file a report. Why not let people know there is a message board or make an easy way to connect to it. Look at the lack of use in this form. Only one answer I can come up with for Silvercreeks lack of response to its paying customers.....they dont care!??!?!!? I will continue to think that way until they show me otherwise. If Sivercreek takes too much time I will be looking elsewhere to spend my money to play euchre.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:16 pm

While in the lobby click any profile and go to web profile.....when it opens you will see the forum there on the left in the blue..... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

card player 1
Noob

Post by card player 1 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:54 am

Thanks. Still a backwards way to get to the forums though.

card player 1
Noob

Post by card player 1 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:34 pm

So Jonas, where are you? How about this......since you "claim" the unrandom card generator" is fine you must have some proof, right? Lets see it. Or should I beleive it is because you say so? In the meantime, any one that know of some "real" euchre sites, please PM them to me. I think by the end of 10/08 I will be gone if changes arent made or supporting proof to back Jonas' claims arent posted.

Gart
Active Poster

Post by Gart » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:58 pm

Thought I'd post the latest since I'm so freakin' pissed at this stupid game.

Finally clawed my way up to 1584. Highest Hardwood ever let me get. Mind you it took WEEKS to get that high. I did not get there on a run.

So this is how my last 17 games went. (Yes I keep track because the random deal generator is so ludicrously horrible)

Wins: 3
Losses: 14
Losses because the opposing team won on a LONER: 8
Loners: 39
Loners the very first hand: 7
Loners when we were more than 4 points ahead: 12
Last 5 games lost 10-2 because we got NO hands (at 4 different tables with 5 different partners).

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!
How pissed do you think it makes players when they start the game off 0-4 because 1/2 of all my games start in loners?
How pissed do you think it makes players when they get a lead, but the opposing team automatically gets a loner to "even things up"?
How pissed do you think it makes players when they are winning, but the opposing team just happens to get a loner to win?

Come on people!! This doesn't freakin' happen in real life! How can this even remotely resemble fun when the cards are just so wrong, when logic is out the window and it seems like you're playing in some alternate dimension that doesn't play by the rules? I don't care about your excuses that "the deal is random". The statistics speak for themselves! Just the fact that everyone sees loners on the first hand, or loners when the score gets lopsided or loners to win the game just proves there are TOO many freakin' loners.

I get so pissed at loners that I put in my sig..."If you win with a loner, you didn't win with skill".

There is so little skill in this game, hardwood. Please listen and turn this into a game of skill, not a game of loners!

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi Gart, nothing will fix this, only a 7s up deck option. Invite me to play some with you. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G.

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:29 am

I have to totally agree with G's comment. I have played on many sites and the card deals are all the same...

Everyone has to remember we're not deang with a full deck of cards here. The only thing I would change in how the RNG works... is to distribute the cards the way we do in real life.. not 5 at a time to each seat. That would in my opinion at least help break up the "clumping".

EndemicLiar

Post by EndemicLiar » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:04 pm

I think we should adopt a 'Hearts' hybrid theme and pass 2 cards right, 2 cards left, 1 card across to partner and then bid blindfolded, thats gotta be guaranteed to get a randomness all the way around. Keep punching :lol:

If that don't work, try Dangerous Mines and see if you can get a 'clean sweep'

GTO RACER
Active Poster

Post by GTO RACER » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:15 pm

Wow what a twist that would be... That might really make the game interesting.... I would love to be able to pass like hearts...... then let the bidding begin!

Interesting... :)

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:20 pm

How would you all feel about a random card dealer that would simulate actual "at the table" deals???

Do you really feel it would be better than the one being used???

Yep have one and will introduce the flow chart here complete with real optional options you see in "house games". Euchre is a little harder to do than hearts or spades since your dealing with less cards to begin with (7up's would have a real chance here).

Let me know how you feel on this and I will post on my program to do real live card program.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Todd Johnson
Active Poster

Post by Todd Johnson » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:30 pm

First off, this is not an attack on anyones playing style but in general...

They could change the way the deals work but the flaw will still be present, your perception of the cards. Some people just don't notice the 9 10 call they could have made a point on. Or they give up a chance ordering opposition with k right, only to call next with 10 left and get euchred. But then we can all blame a computer program for our mistakes, and never learn from them. :)

It is so simple to blame Hardwood rather to dig deeper and examine how you played your cards. What if you didn't block that one hand, would you have lost 10-9? What if you passed and didn't call next? What if you ordered the opposition with 9 right offsuit ace instead of waiting for next? What if you crossed with 9 10 instead of calling next with the queen. What if you led differently? So many possibilities, stop taking the easy way out and blaming hardwood. Are you really that skillful that if you lose 5 games in a row it HAS to be Hardwood? Then you should be number 1 on every other site in the world.

As for the 7's up option, I'm always up for a new challenge. :) But don't be surprised when the SAME people are still at the top because they know how to adapt and change their game.

They also gave us new options to set tables, it use to be only -100. New rooms, guide hosted tourny every week. They have developed new games, euchre isn't the only game that they host. It's not like they developed this and then sat on their ass and watched the money rake in. The server actually costs money per month but they don't charge us monthly. I'd be thankful for that. I'm surprised they are still running this free of charge, and you guys demand for them to improve it. Wow.

-Todd

Ratwhowillbeking
Noob

Post by Ratwhowillbeking » Sun Nov 30, 2008 7:36 pm

I second that. Well most of it, its against my morals to agree with Todd completly.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Lol, damn i am agreeing with everyone. As i have said many many times in the Forum, 7s up is a great game, but as Todd said, the same players will stay at the top, they will even become tougher to beat. The 7s up game is a protection against the continuous loners and the top players are going to reap huge rewards from it. One problem, it aint here yet. Jonas oh Jonas give us a new year present. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:54 pm

I don't find myself on any Top "OMG" list, however I am not ashamed of the fact that I've probably at one point in time beaten each of them. And there are many others who could say the same. (I was just lucky, I'm sure ;))

What Todd wrote, (btw, Todd, what you wrote was very well-said) seemed to me was not directed to anything or anyone other than the basic human element of ego. At us neanderthals peering at our own belly buttons with a superstitious conviction that blue is better than red today and if not then rub your belly the other way. I've heard it all. Matter of fact, I've sat in games with the most well-respected players who curse not only the cards, but those who have them.
And shall continue to do so long after changes have been made.

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:15 am

I for one have no problem with the cards as dealt, I get my 5 and play them according to the game score and what I "feel" will happen when played. Yep can be wrong but know the I'm right a good percentage of the time. Play what you get and even play what your pard has using that ESP.

Top players are going to be top players and I don't think any format will change that but I do think 7ups would be more fun. The loners will still be there just it will now be where the Jacks are buried more often and those that are able to learn that will adapt.

Any game he/she who makes the fewest mistakes usually wins, luck may actually determine very few games (my opinion).

MOST of the players here have decent manners... when to comes to pards or even opt. The few that don't really don't bother me.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!