Random Deal Generator

UpsNDowns

Re: Random Deal Generator

Post by UpsNDowns » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:53 am

Thanks for your post Tam - I too am guilty of complaining about the unfairness of the random deal. I complain out of frustration because it seems as if the losing streaks can go on forever. I do know that during a losing streak I could have changed the complexion of some games if I had paid more attention or had not played wrong due to a distraction. Some plays are just judgement calls and if I get lucky I can change the outcome of the game. Somedays I am just not having an 'A' game. In the end It is just much easier to put the blame on the dealer LOL.

I know I am not the most skilled player on hardwood but by some quirk of fate or luck I have been able to get several nics into the 2000 ratings. I would like to think reaching that 2000 status was due a little to bit of skill and not completly luck because I sure worked hard to get there. I have my losing streaks and I have my winning streaks and I do believe that the recipe for winning overall on hardwood is to not be afraid to make that next call with a nine of trump. It is imperative to call for your partner and contrary to some beliefs - blocking at some point is a necessary evil (this is one area where I need to improve). These calls can tip the scales in a game.

I don't get into this forum stuff much but I would like to say that Hardwood has given me the opportunity to meet some amazing people both online and offline. Tam I can personally say you and Rob at the top. Terri, Julie, Rob, Janet, Tony (my adopted son), Mike (my special FlyBy friend), the Bunzo clan, Crazy Kiwi - Matty, Susan, Todd. Oh well just too many to name. Lastly, Mr. Brett I thank you very much for your friendship and you will always be special to me. So, I think with all the friendships I have discovered and the hours of enjoyment I have garnered from hardwood I think the loppy table just righted itself.

I have recently been playing on Yahoo and I have not yet experienced the loppy table but I am sure that if I continue to play there I will do so. I can say that hardwood is by far a better choice for a social past-time. I will just try to find a way to turn the loppy tables. I think one of the most important ingredients to winning is having a good partner and a lot of playing time. That is why the higher rated players play with other high rated players. The bottom line is the win/loss ratio anyway. I do seem to get the 15 game losing streak but I haven't been lucky enough to experience the 15 game winning streak. Maybe with diligence it will come.

Tam don't give up on me I am still good for a lunch.

[quote="Tamara"]If Jonas, and or another HW employee changed something every time a player said they didnt like it then we would never be able to play, they would have to rewrite their program every day. There is no way to make a community game that is proper for everyone involved. I have been on this site for 5 yrs, and i can count on my fingers how many times someone i played with went alone on 9, and yet its such a hot topic lately.

Gart
Active Poster

Post by Gart » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:43 am

All the talk doesn't change anything.

If you want to learn how to catch a counterfeit dollar, you spend time with the real thing. That way when a phony comes across your desk, you instantly realize it's a phony.

I play WAY more real euchre than I do Hardwood. I only come here to pass time during lunch or when I'm waiting for my oGame to do something. It is BECAUSE I play so much real life euchre that I instantly notice how horrible the dealing is here.

In real life euchre, loners don't come nearly as often, nor do they come conveniently when you get to 6 points or more. You don't get lopsided game after lopsided game where one team never has anything to call.

If you live in this cyber-world and only play euchre online, you CAN'T notice how bad the dealing is. Or better yet, you get so used to playing this way that you HATE real euchre because you don't get those fantastic hands every time you get cards.

Whatever the case, the dealing here still sucks, it still is nothing like real life, and Hardwood still doesn't care.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:24 pm

Of all the unfairness that players have talked about, the top players are still at the top, that's fair. I have watched some players in the last couple of weeks that have complained about the dealing on here, but the games i have watched them play, the dealing had nothing to do with their losses. it was their inability to call, or call their Partners hand. When you are the dealer and get no trump, that's when you can complain, it's called The G factor. I probably get some of the worst cards humanly possible (and i get real peeved) but in the end i get through it.

Come on Gart, take up my challenge and play some with me, i don't think it's totally the card factor here. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G.

Todd Johnson
Active Poster

Post by Todd Johnson » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:45 pm

I play just as much live euchre as I do online. I will not use the term "real euchre" because it is all real, you play the hand the same way. It doesn't matter if you're holding them in your hand physically or digitally, it does not change the odds and the way you play the cards. It is still the game of euchre, and you still have a chance of seeing these scenarios in either form, online or live. My win/loss ratio is the same either way. Statistics will even out in the end.

If your perception of the cards is different with live and online then you will play differently. Then of course the outcome of the games will be nothing like one another.
Last edited by Todd Johnson on Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:54 pm

LOL...

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Ratwhowillbeking
Noob

Post by Ratwhowillbeking » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:44 pm

I think one reason complain about the deals on HW is because the skill level on HW is a lot better than your average live player or on yahoo (which is the only other website I've played on.) Good players have a tendency to make your cards look worse... and they tend to make a lot more loners. When I play live games I certainly win a significantly higher % then I do on HW but I would guess that that has more to do with the quality of players than the fairness of the deals.

Except when I play Todd, Steve or Sax. In that case, all losses have nothing to do with skill and are entirely due to the deals.

Gart
Active Poster

Post by Gart » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Ratwhowillbeking wrote:I think one reason complain about the deals on HW is because the skill level on HW is a lot better than your average live player or on yahoo (which is the only other website I've played on.) Good players have a tendency to make your cards look worse... and they tend to make a lot more loners. When I play live games I certainly win a significantly higher % then I do on HW but I would guess that that has more to do with the quality of players than the fairness of the deals.

Except when I play Todd, Steve or Sax. In that case, all losses have nothing to do with skill and are entirely due to the deals.
That's the biggest load of hogwash relativism I've heard in a long time.
It's interesting how people are justifying a place where loners happen at exponentially higher rates than real life by saying...you're just playing poor players. Might as well tell a rape victim that she was asking for it because she wore nice clothes. It's about as logical.

When I say I play a lot in real life, it's not some losers during lunch. It's organized Euchre tournaments.

If you think hardwood dealing is akin to real life, then you obviously play hardwood more than you do in real life, or the people you play against in real life are horrible because you're so used to winning in Hardwood.

I just played 6 games. Lost all 6 games. 10-0, 10-2, 11-3, 10-5, 10-0, 10-6. I have NEVER lost six games in a row in real life. My average in a 10-game euchre night is 8 wins. But the cards here are so horribly dealt that it's impossible to win some games because the cards cannot be beat. There was no skill in the 6 games I just played. They were all horrible, lopsided, hardwood games. Even at the table my opponents were starting to apologize, knowing all along that they were not winning with skill at all. It was just another day at the ranch.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:22 pm

I never have nights like you describe Gart, even when I've been drinking... so the only thing I can figure is your praying to the wrong card Gods.....

I find no real difference in the deals and have made an offer for a program to deal cards as you would see from a deck and table but as pointed out the good players will still win most of the games because... (sing now) "Know when to hold them..... "

JUST DUST

PS - Yes I have had bad streaks but I have seen the same with a deck in front of me too and figure it's a good night to go home early when it does. A good player makes things happen with bad cards.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:26 pm

Gart, you are now talking rubbish. I challenge you to partner me. I have no wish to argue in this Forum. send me your played games i would love to see them. The skill level on HW is far higher than any site, i have played them all. What are your nics? help us out here. Josh has hit it right on the head. Come on Gart front up. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

Gart
Active Poster

Post by Gart » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:40 pm

Dust In The Wind wrote:A good player makes things happen with bad cards.
Bah, that's rubbish, pollyana talk you use while holding hands and singing kumbaya around a campfire late at night.

There's no way to make good from a bad hand when you don't even get a chance to call it or order it up. Or in one instance where they won the game in 3 hands with two loners and a two pointer. Like most people, I try to make the best of what I have, make things happen, block, call next, etc. etc. But you can only do that if you get a chance to call or play!!

As for my nic, it's Gart, just like my name here. I have nothing to hide, because the dealing still sucks no matter how vehemently you deny it. It's funny you deny it when everyone I partner with or play against at the tables completely agrees with me that the dealing sucks. But you know what they say? They say "Yah, it sucks, but you just live with it".

Sticking your head in the sand and saying it doesn't exist is utmost denial. Everyone I talk to sees it, knows it, and has ultimately accepted it because they think there's nothing they can do about it.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Gart, just answer me this. Why are the players at the top now, stay at the top? They also get bad cards, hell i get horrendous cards but as DUST said, you work through it. I know for a 100% fact of all the players up there, NOT one even thinks of cheating, i know you didn't say they did. but they have a skill level far better than the good player, that's a fact. You say you have played the best, i'm sorry to say, you haven't. Come play some. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

Gart
Active Poster

Post by Gart » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:00 pm

callme7 wrote:Gart, just answer me this. Why are the players at the top now, stay at the top? They also get bad cards, hell i get horrendous cards but as DUST said, you work through it. I know for a 100% fact of all the players up there, NOT one even thinks of cheating, i know you didn't say they did. but they have a skill level far better than the good player, that's a fact. You say you have played the best, i'm sorry to say, you haven't. Come play some. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G
Blah, blah, blah. It's simple why the top players are on top...they work the system. I freely admit that I do not work the system. But I don't because it sucks that I should even have to. I can predict when a loner is coming, but I don't generally block it because I wouldn't know in real life. To have to change my gameplay on this site just proves even more how horrible it is.

You're frustrated with me because you have no proof that I am wrong...I understand that. But it is so blatantly obvious to anyone that plays any amount of euchre in real life that this game is "off". I feel like the little kid that's telling the king that he's not wearing any clothes. Everyone else sits around expounding how this site is so perfect and so much like real life and I'm thinking..."what medication are you on?" because that can be the only excuse for anyone thinking that.

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 pm

Oh man i give up, you are far too negative for me Gart. Good luck. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G

Gart
Active Poster

Post by Gart » Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:32 pm

callme7 wrote:Oh man i give up, you are far too negative for me Gart. Good luck. :) :)

Eennie Meenie

The G
Gosh that was easy. And I'm not negative. If I was negative I'd be saying..."hardwood hates me and deals me sucky hands because they hate me and the whole thing is rigged against me". I'd wear a tin-foil skull cap to keep the aliens from beaming thoughts into my head, etc. etc.

I'm just a realist. As a scientist in real life I have to analyze the data and come to a conclusion. My conclusion, which nobody has been able to refute, is that the card dealing sucks. That's not negative, that's realistic!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 am

/Ogre turns the HEX off Gart so they can have good cards for a couple of days......

I for one would turn in anyone that asked me to cheat.... that's just me, since it is the last thing I would do is cheat and I know enough of the players here to say that MOST (90-95%) of them feel the same way when it comes to cheating.

I also found this good web site to buy ratings points GetRatedHere.com and they are reasonably priced per point. If your here to have fun no need to use this site.

You will also find this web site very useful DealerForHireWeCheatForYou.net this will help with those bad cards you have been getting......

I also use this website for a direct link to the Card GOD's PrayForCardsCardGOD's.gov Not sure why the Government has the tab on this one......

You may also may wish to try this site MelloChillOutEnjoyLifeORDieEarly.hea (hea=health)

I hope these sites will help and if not just shoot Da Ogre, been shot before and it makes humans happy, I'll even pretend it hurt.....

JUST DUST

PS - Don't give up Meenie and neither should you Gart, ask for some help and I will be willing to bet some of the players here can help you to enjoy your game more. If Euchre gets me mad, I go play hearts, If hearts gets me mad I go play spades, if spades get me mad, I watch a good movie.