I would buy this game if....

elusiveconcordance
Noob

I would buy this game if....

Post by elusiveconcordance » Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:31 pm

You could do something about the slow or wrong mouse responses. Like, clicking on a square that you know has a jewel and it merely flashes. Clicking on it again causes the jewel to appear! This all happens very quickly but I find it annoying. Could it be my mouse? Could it be every mouse and computer I use? Is it me? I did take the suggestion that the mouse button down square might not be the mouse button up square so I've slowed my play down to see whether it makes a difference. Alas, it may have made a small difference but I can still make it flash when it should reveal a jewel. Also, it is exceptionally slow in the beginning of the game where you are revealing the first few jewels. It takes SECONDS to complete the task of revealing the jewels when it should be rather instantaneous. It is even worse when you play online vs. when you play standalone. This is a great game to have such bad behavior. I hope you find the bug. I hope you are looking for the bugs!
The software box said "Intel Pentium 4 or better required" so I bought a Mac.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:16 pm

Wow it really shouldn't take very long. Sounds like for some reason there is a large performance issue. Our Emac takes maybe 1/5th of a second to clear the 1st open space.

Thats kinda puzzleing.

Anyhow, for the issue where doing the Dragging to flag isn't flagging, I desovered that if you drag off the board it doesn't flag. THis can be kinda an issue on the squares close to the edge. See if that explains what you're experiancing with the drag flag option.

elusiveconcordance
Noob

Performance

Post by elusiveconcordance » Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:32 pm

Jonas, I don't use drag to flag so that is not an issue for me.

What is puzzling is when the squares flash upon right-clicking them. I know there's a jewel under the square and the mouse cursor is on the square. It flashes and upon clicking again, it will reveal the jewel.

Think on that one for a while.

I am running a PowerBook 1.5Ghz with 1GB of memory. I'm running on AC power and have it set for maximum performance. I am not running any other applications. Go figure?!?
The software box said "Intel Pentium 4 or better required" so I bought a Mac.