Our Great Hardwood Community

JoKeR
Active Poster

Our Great Hardwood Community

Post by JoKeR » Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:18 am

In the coming months, weeks, or even days, several of our best men and women will be engaged in all out war. There are many views on this matter and because we live in this great country we have the right to express how we feel. Our First Amendment right has insured us the privilege of FREE SPEECH. With this right of free speech, one must wonder how does someone come about gaining the right to speak freely? Well it’s very simple: our freedoms are a result of our ancestral heritage. Our great Veterans of our past and our prestigious solders of today made and make this right possible. Please never forget that. Taking this country’s freedoms for granted is basically what we do best. I hate to say that but it is true.

The reason I’ve posted this message is to try and get together with some of our friends here in Hardwood to show our support for our solders. I’m not saying you have to support this war, it’s your right as an American to protest or whatever else you feel you need to do. But as Americans you HAVE to support our brave men and women, fighting for our freedoms and well being.

In most communities in the United States, when a brother or sister is called for duty, the community puts up ribbons, flies their flags proudly, and many write letters to the departed.

To me Hardwood is a “sort-of” community. We get together and have fun, play games, and sometimes share our feelings. Lots of things are similar to a regular community of people.

I feel that we, as a community should come together and at least write to the men and women that are family and friends to our neighbors here in hardwood.

If you have a loved one that is active or becoming active in this campaign or active in other parts of the world and if it’s not to much trouble, please post the information for this great American. This is so we, as a community, can send our love and thanks, in the form of a letter. Please if you send a letter only send a letter. Please do not send any pitchers of any kind. Regular white paper and proper postage please.

Let’s show our support, let’s boast their moral, let’s give them love and let them know it’s waiting for them when they get home.

JoKeR

So hold me when I'm here
Love me when I'm wrong
Hold me when I'm scared
And love me when I'm gone
Everything I am
And everything you need
I'll also be the one
You wanted me to be
I'll never let you down
Even if I could
I'd give up everything
If only for your good
So hold me when I'm here
Love me when I'm wrong
You can hold me when I'm scared
You won't always be there
So love me when I'm gone

FrshVaBreeze
Big Poster

Post by FrshVaBreeze » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:56 am

testing again, as you can see, i am having trouble figuring out my signature pic..sigh