Problems with Windows Vista & Silver Creek ??

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
SharonRaye

Problems with Windows Vista & Silver Creek ??

Post by SharonRaye » Tue May 08, 2007 8:05 pm

Am I the only one having problems with Spades &/or Backgammon hanging up in Vista?

Wish I stuck with XP !! *sigh* :(

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed May 09, 2007 12:18 pm

yeah, I've been making the switch to Vista as well. It's never an easy thing with any big move.

The games all work fine, but what you'll likely need to do is get current video drivers.

You'll need to figure our what video card you have, and then go to the proper folks to get the latest drivers. Probably ATI, Nvidia or Intel.

I think once you get used to Vista, you'll like it. :)

Tater
Active Poster

Post by Tater » Wed May 09, 2007 7:14 pm

A lot of software companies were not given the proper info to prepare for Vista, a lot of components and peripherals won't work with Vista because their software was not allowed a sneek peek. I do not advise Vista for a while yet, while the big guys fight it out.

Last edited by Tater on Thu May 10, 2007 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed May 09, 2007 8:30 pm

I agree and won't be installing/updating until SP#1. On the PC's I have run Vista (test beds, these where upgrades not pre-installs) have been able to get around most of the problems. On pre-installs (PC's that came with Vista) no problems on the hardware side but some software issues, most of those could be corrected by running in XP enviro.

Trouble with HW installs I have been able to overcome by coping from a pre-Vista PC to the Vista PC the whole program folder. I haven't had one (knock on wood) that will not install this way and work fine. Most installs should work off the download from the HW site now as long as you don't have a hardware issue (most critical has been video card drivers).

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!