Spades loading, but have a black screen HELP

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
ishy_48
Active Poster

Spades loading, but have a black screen HELP

Post by ishy_48 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:08 pm

I am trying to load Hardwood Spades and can hear the "ching" from it loading but all I see is a black screen.. How do I troubleshoot that?
Momma to a sweet baby girl who is 2 and about to be a big sister, baby #2 due on October 8th 2011 :)

SybiL
Grand Master

Post by SybiL » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:25 pm

I dunno much about this stuff, but, my guess would be some kind of corrupted file.

My suggestion: redownload and reinstall spades without deleting it and try and see if problem is fixed. If continues, then delete it all, reboot and redownload and reinstall.

If something very bad happens after doing all that, then please don't tell anyone I suggested it.

On the other hand, If it works, don't forget to tell them all, SybiL is sooo darn smart ! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck girl ;)

P.S. Never forget that before deleting any hw game u gotta save your unlock (F6) and your chatalias.dna file if possible

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:15 am

Like Sybil said try to re-install it. If that doesn't work uninstall, reboot and then reinstall. It should go to default graphics if that was why you had a blank screen.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Sassy Katy
Grand Master

Post by Sassy Katy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:02 am

Do you have Vista? If so, it is the sizing issue. I run into that quite often. Im me and I can walk you thru how to get past the black screen for hw if it is a Vista OS.

ishy_48
Active Poster

Post by ishy_48 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:22 am

I got it.. figured it out thanks
Momma to a sweet baby girl who is 2 and about to be a big sister, baby #2 due on October 8th 2011 :)