lovepj59

new computer

Post by lovepj59 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:29 pm

How do I put my hearts game onto my laptop? Lovepj59

grandmaS
Grand Master

Re: new computer

Post by grandmaS » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Download the trial on your laptop, then open it and go to help menu and purchase put in your key and your good to go.

CAUTION: Make sure you or no one else runs the game on both computers (home and laptop) at the same time.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:45 pm

I know that two people from the same key code cannot play at the same table (understandably btw), but why is it a "caution" for two computers in a family household to be logged into a "FAMILY SITE" at the same time on the same key? My child of 14 yrs of age cant play at one table from his computer while i play at another from my computer? What are you cautioning against? What will happen? You stated a caution against it.. Why? Does Silvercreek not allow it? What will happen? Is it in the rules?

I understand why two people cant play at the same table with the same key, it sort of gives the impression (illusion?) of cheating, well unless you buy a second key so then the power of the pen over rules and it doesnt matter who plays together. But Can one computer be on hearts playing and another on spades playing, the keys are different but bought by same person? Also, and as was questioned above, if the software wont allow two people from same key to play at same table, why is it a caution for two people from same key to be in lobby, or one playing at one table and other at another? (unless another key is bought)

Let me see if i have this right.. Caution..Two people cant share a key and play 2 different games at once with no thought, impression or idea of cheating even possible because software automatically wont allow you to sit together (it boots one from software, if you try to sit at same table), HOWEVER for the price of just another $24.95 for a 2nd key.. It doesnt matter what impression or illusion is given, pay up and then play with other house guests as ye will.

xox
Hexa

ps.. I am not insisting a family with multiple keys must be cheating, Please dont misunderstand me.
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Joyce

Post by Joyce » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:24 am

I think i can ask this without all the above drama. :roll:

Grandmas, could you clarify please. I understood that it's ok for family members to use the same key on different computers, as long as they are not playing at the same table.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:52 am

as long as they are not playing at the same table.
This is impossible, The software doesnt allow 2 people to play at the same table on one key, Joyce, If you try to sit at the same table, It gives you a popup message saying "2 people cannot play at the same table from the same keycode" then it will boot both players from HW automatically. I was aware of this and didnt need clarification. That was a given.

The point to my thorough post, we'll go ahead and call it drama if you insist, was that i dont see why two people cannot be "running the game" at the same time from two different computers on one key, while playing at seperate tables, in online real-time play.

We have been told 100's of times that when we purchased HW keys, we didnt purchase the game with the intention of playing online. Just the software itself. So why would it matter how many are logged into the internet real-time play of the same software on one key, if the software doesnt allow you to play at the same table already by programming default.

To add to the "drama", and i may be jumping ahead of the clarification here, If it is a licensing issue, i was under the impression that most (all?) softwares are setup with a license to allow installation of software on up to 3 personal computers in one household, or business setting. So this would allow, i would think, up to 3 computers on one key to run the game.

Hopefully GrandmaS will clarify exactly what is allowed and isnt on the matter, and what "running the game" means exactly. We (I) already know 2 people on different computers cant play in same game from same key as the software doesnt allow it, But what about both sitting/chatting in the lobby, or playing at 2 seperate tables, or one in lobby and one in a game? Is this allowed from the same key?

Thank you GrandmaS :) I know you arent sce, you dont make the rules, but youre our only link of info these days, we never hear from anyone else but you, I sure do appreciate ya in so many ways!

xox
Hexa

Unicron
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Unicron » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:04 am

One key means one person playing the game at a time. We monitor these sorts of things and if we see accounts doing it often your account can be temporarily suspended or your account removed. It is very important to remember your unlock codes are for one user. You can install on any computers in your home, but it can only be in use by one person at a time.

Hexa, for the situation your talking about you need two keys.

Jason

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:07 am

Thank you Jason I felt it would be better coming from you as a game admin.
Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:18 am

You can install on any computers in your home, but it can only be in use by one person at a time
One more question, and i thank you for the reply and answers, ofcourse, it wasnt the answer i had hoped for, but i understand the reasoning. :wink:

We bought the kids a computer for xmas and before i install any HW software i wanted to know.

Is this pertaining to both on and off line play? Meaning.. games like solitaire (or even bot offline playing of spades) which are offline, can 2 people play solitaire on 2 seperate computers at the same time using the same key? Do you have a way of monitoring offline use?

xox
Hexa

ps.. Jason, is that really your cat? It looks like that cat would rule the house. The look is priceless!

Unicron
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Unicron » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:44 am

Its the same license rule for all of our games so that would apply for offline and online as well. Although I don't handle orders anymore, as an existing customer you can email orders@silvercrk.com and let them know you need a second account and would like to request any discounts we have they can prob shoot you a discount code that will make the purchase not as rough on your wallet.

Jason

P.S. No, thats not my cat but I loved the picture so I had to use it. My cat is far from serious....