The Song Title Game!

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: The Song Title Game!

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:41 pm

Two Steps Behind by Def Leppard

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:49 pm

" Behind Closed Doors "....Charlie Rich...... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:44 pm

Looking Out My Back Door by CCR

JUST DUST

Thought I would add a little more to this than just song titles. this was taken from Wikipedia and just part of it.

"Lookin' Out My Back Door" is a song recorded by the American band Creedence Clearwater Revival and written by the band's lead singer, guitarist and songwriter, John Fogerty.

It was included on their 1970 album "Cosmo's Factory", the group's sixth album. The song's lyrics, filled with colorful, dream-like imagery, led some to believe that the song was about drugs. According to the drug theory, the "flying spoon" in the song was a cocaine spoon, and the crazy animal images were an acid trip.[1] Fogerty, however, has stated in interviews that the song was actually written for his then three year old son, Josh and that he was writing from the viewpoint and imagination of a child. "I knew he would love it if he heard me on the radio singing - doot doot doo, lookin' out my back door", Fogerty has stated.[2] Fogerty has also said that the reference to a parade passing by was inspired by the Dr. Seuss book, "And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street".

PS - Call it adding a little color to the song
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:51 am

' Back Where I Come From "....Kenny Chesney...... 8)

PS
Interesting Stuff Dust......thanks for the tidbits...

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:16 am

I won't hold you back .. Toto

xox
Hexa

ps.. Interesting, Thank you Dust
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:55 am

" Time Wont Let Me ".....The Outsiders.... 8)

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:39 pm

Time In A Bottle by Jim Croce

"Time in a Bottle" was a posthumous No. 1 hit for singer-songwriter Jim Croce, reaching the top of the charts in December 1973, three months after his death in a plane crash. The song, written for his son A.J. Croce, appeared on his first album in 1972, You Don't Mess Around with Jim. Croce would subsequently shoot to fame with his summer 1973 hit single "Bad Bad Leroy Brown", just months before a plane crash on September 20, 1973.

The song served as the title and theme song to a story-arc of the American soap-opera, Port Charles. In the storyline, which ran from March through May of 2001, the character of Frank Scanlon is able to communicate to a girl from the year 1973. The girl turns out to be the mother of his girlfriend Karen Wexler. Through a series of events, Frank accidentally prevents Karen from being conceived. Frank travels back to 1973 to correct the timeline.

JUST DUST

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:14 pm

" Dust On The Bottle ".....David Lee Murphy........ 8)

PS
Keep em comin Dust.....they are great...

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Couldn't Stand The Weather By Stevie Ray Vaughan

Vaughan was born at 05:13 am on Saturday, October 3, 1954 in Dallas, Texas and was raised in the city's Oak Cliff neighborhood. Neither of his parents had any strong musical talent but were avid music fans. They would take Vaughan and his older brother Jimmie to concerts to see Fats Domino, Johnny Williamson III, Jimmy Reed, and Bob Wills.

Even though Vaughan initially wanted to play the drums as his primary instrument, Michael Quinn gave him a guitar when he was seven years old. Vaughan's brother, Jimmie Vaughan, gave him his first guitar lessons. Vaughan was later quoted in Guitar Player as saying, "My brother Jimmie actually was one of the biggest influences on my playing. He really was the reason I started to play, watching him and seeing what could be done."[citation needed] He played entirely by ear and never learned how to read sheet music. By the time he was thirteen years old he was playing in clubs where he met many of his blues idols. A few years later he dropped out of Justin F. Kimball High School in Oak Cliff and moved to Austin to pursue music. Vaughan's talent caught the attention of guitarist Johnny Winter and blues-club owner Clifford Antone.

Drug addiction and alcoholism took a toll on Vaughan by mid-1986. Cocaine and Crown Royal whiskey were his drugs of choice. Vaughan would dissolve cocaine in his whiskey for a morning "pick-me-up", which doctors later discovered was causing severe ulceration of the stomach lining. After becoming acutely ill in Germany while on tour, Vaughan managed to struggle through three more shows, but was soon admitted into a hospital in London. Dr. Victor Bloom, who had helped Eric Clapton and Pete Townshend with their addictions, told Vaughan if he hadn't come to the hospital he would have died in a month. After a struggle to get sober in London, he then flew to Atlanta, Georgia to a rehabilitation center. He eventually recovered fully from his addictions and became a teetotaler.

During the Grammy Awards of 1984, Vaughan and George Thorogood presented Chuck Berry with a lifetime achievement award. "Rude Mood" from Texas Flood was nominated for "Best Rock Instrumental Performance".

The band played Carnegie Hall in New York City on October 4, 1984. The show featured one Double Trouble set, and a second with guests Dr. John on keyboards, George Rains on drums, Jimmie Vaughan on guitar, Roomful of Blues Horns, and singer Angela Strehli. The group rehearsed in September 1984 at the Caravan of Dreams in Fort Worth, Texas. Vaughan originally envisioned the concert to come out on a full-length video, but the project was shelved when the band went in to record their "next-to-be" album, Soul to Soul, due to their performance schedule and pressure to write new material.

In November, Vaughan won two W.C. Handy National Blues Awards: "Entertainer of the Year" and "Blues Instrumentalist of the Year". It was the first time a white person won either award. During this time, he also began recording with one of his earliest idols, blues-rock guitar pioneer Lonnie Mack, to produce the album Strike Like Lightning on the Alligator label.

This link has a lot on the artist and is one of my alltime favorite gutarist...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan

JUST DUST

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:11 am

" Couldnt Do Nothing Right ".....Roseanne Cash...... 8)

HW_Martine
Active Poster

Post by HW_Martine » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:51 pm

:) ``Right Here Waiting For You`` :) ... Richard Marx

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:39 pm

" Right Where I belong ".....3 Doors Down..... 8)

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:17 pm

Right Here ... Staind

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:23 pm

" Here Comes The Night ".......Them....... 8)

HW_Martine
Active Poster

Post by HW_Martine » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:31 pm

:) ``Strangers In The Night`` :) ... Frank Sinatra