Networking/router help..

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
ishy_48
Active Poster

Networking/router help..

Post by ishy_48 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:10 am

Ok so I im completely ready to throw my router and pull all of my hair out!!!

I just got new internet service, all works great with the DSL modem when connected.

My trouble is this, when I disconnect and run my dsl through my router I get all the green lights that says its good, but I get NO internet. Something is blocking the connection. I get a signal from my router when I check with my wireless laptop, but am unable to connect it.

My warranty has run out on my router, so calling them is a waste of minutes.. calling my ISP only gets me directed back to the router company... HELP..

I need to network 2 pc's and one wireless laptop, I need help with my wireless linksys router.. I think it needs reconfigured.

ANy help would be awesome!!

Hugs
ISHY
Momma to a sweet baby girl who is 2 and about to be a big sister, baby #2 due on October 8th 2011 :)

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Networking/router help..

Post by Jonas » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Maybe if you post your router brand and model, we can point you to some resources.

If the router worked before, whats different?

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:41 pm

The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:49 am

I have a linksys 4 port router there is a very small button on the back where your mail cable goes in, make sure that button is pushed in and not out. That about all the help I can give with the limited info.

ishy_48
Active Poster

Post by ishy_48 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:50 am

I figured it out.. lol
Momma to a sweet baby girl who is 2 and about to be a big sister, baby #2 due on October 8th 2011 :)

josephmccay

Network help. Plz.

Post by josephmccay » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:16 pm

Ok, I just moved into a new place with 3 of my buddies. We are looking for a good network solution. We have 3 xboxes running wired connections. We have 1 pc running wired and 2 mac's running on a wireless connection. I am looking for the best router solution for this network build.

I was looking at the D-Link DGL- 4300 or 4500, but would really enjoy some feedback. Thanks in advance i really appreciate the help.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:49 pm

I use a Linksys 8 port switch (CISCO built, it also handles 10, 100, 1000) and hook directly to the router from the switch (most cases this connection will be a crossover cable), cost are less and through put on full duplex on each connection. The wireless router is also hooked directly through the switch to the router. The nice thing is it gives you layered security and the router your endpoint/firewalled. With the wireless and hardwire I have room for expansion and at present run 8 to 10 PC's between the 2 sources (wireless and wired). My phone also runs off this. You can also use LAN in this configuration as sharepoints for files, music, pics, etc. and can even use a network compatible external hard drive as a sharepoint or share printers and other devices. You can use the Linksys, DLink or many other web sites to show you specifics on how to setup a network in your home. Lots of ways to do it.

JUST DUST

PS - and yes Macs will talk to PC's
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!