Windows 7

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
kissmad
Active Poster

Windows 7

Post by kissmad » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:41 am

Are the Silvercreek games compatible with Windows 7 32bit and 64bit?

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Re: Windows 7

Post by U.S. Marshall » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:49 pm

They work with the newest Vista 64 bit that I got 2 weeks ago, It also has a upgrade to windows 7 on Oct. 22, so I could tell you for sure after I upgrade my pc to windows 7.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:56 pm

I haven't heard of any problems.

artful_kitty
Active Poster

Post by artful_kitty » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:07 pm

So is windows 7 better than Vista? I use Vista, so don't want to upgrade if not better.
life is too short so relax, have fun and be true to yourself Image]

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:18 pm

It works fine with windows 7, Basicly window7 is just a update to vista it has improved some things I didn't like with vista but I am not going to get into detail. But if you get along with Vista I wouldn't waste the money on windows 7

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:00 am

I like the Windows 7 it is faster and less of a pain in * .... It MAY or MAY NOT upgrade properly but you can test your version of Vista to see if it will from the Windows site.... If not you CAN (best way is to have a 2nd hard drive) do a dual boot with the install of 7 on the 2nd hard drive and if things do not work out right you can still boot into Vista or if things do work out pull your filles and such from the Vista drive. In either case I would backup all your pics and stuff you don't want to loose.

I have my PC (this one anyways) setup to boot to any of the OS's and have pulled files from one to the other.

As far as the games you can take the folder for the game and move it into the other drive or OS' just by making it available to start on that OS... HOWEVER, your game users will not transfer since they are stored in regedit and you if your good pull these from regedit to your new install or you can put them in one at a time. Oh you forgot the passwords well, you can get them through SCE or boot to your old OS, change the passwords and do it that way. There are lots of ways of doing things and other than outlined above. I have successfully moved my user ID's from one PC to another or one OS to another but it is too involved and would not reccommend this unless you are real SURE about dealing with registry and such, there are other things you must do.

JUST DUST

PS - I will not explain how to either since I do not want to be responsible if you have problems.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:40 pm

Hmmmmmm, now WHERE have I heard that voice from before, he sounds vaguely familiar, but I just can't place it..............maybe it will come back to me if i listen to it again :P

artful_kitty
Active Poster

Post by artful_kitty » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:25 am

Thanks for the advice guys :D
life is too short so relax, have fun and be true to yourself Image]

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:48 am

Sorry Sandy (and all) I have just barely enough time to breath lately.... work is pilling up at home.... and work has been a constant nightmare trying to train others and now the new Windows 7 which we are going to convert to, but they are finding that it isn't going to be a smooth transition since we never went to Vista as a company and you are talking well over 3000 PC's, I couldn't even guess how many we have.... I only have a few hundred to worry about besides the other associated equipment.

Been playing with Windows 7 for a little while now and it's not the same for each PC and I HIGHLY recommend anyone who does save you inportant stuff on something else before upgrading... there is a chance it could go badly... you should do that anyways not just Windows and PC/Mac or anywhere else you store data, don't rely on one place to keep it. External drives are cheat today and plug into the USB port and about the safest way to back everything up... HINTS: make a habit of copying your stuff to the backup once a week, once a month at least, disconnect it from your PC (if your PC fries what good does your backup do if it's connected to your PC if it fries too, it happens) and check that the data is thee and you can get it back off the drive. A simple copy and paste will work but you can use "windows backup" or any other backup program, some are better than other but they all work. DO NOT believe the guy at the Tech Store that it should be just fine, they won't have to cover your loss, you just get PO'ed and not a thing you can do about it. I have seen a lot of crazy stuff with PC's and most of the time I can fix it without lossing stuff, but I will not guarentee it but I will do more than any other place to keep it.

JUST DUST

PS - Good Luck by the way and I think you will find this is a good OS compared to anything else MS has come up with. If your system already will run Vista it will run 7 better, if it's running XP use the MS web site to find out if your hardware is compatable... you find something as simple as a printer can cause an issue and you can download the new drives form that manufacturer direct (most of the time) before you install and have it ready when needed.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:18 am

Windows Live OneCare has a great backup system in place.....just install DVD's and click start backup and its done......all your files....and like Dust said external drives are cheap and easy as well......back that stuff up and save yaself a major headache.... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:57 pm

windows 7 has the same design as vista, they basically brought the compatability and realiability of XP in this new OS, the enchancements are much better and what vista was suppose to produce, is what now windows 7 is.

I have had it for almost a year and its much well efficent.
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires