Ideascale: Getting your ideas into the sytem

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Ideascale: Getting your ideas into the sytem

Post by Jonas » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:37 pm

We're trying a new site to help capture your ideas, it's called Idea scale. Here is a link to our page:

http://silvercreekentertainment.ideascale.com

There are quite a few categories, so be sure to look them over and pick the most fitting. So if you have an idea about avatars, you'd post it to the avatar section for example.

Avoid lumping multiple ideas together, as there is a voting system where you and fellow players can vote for the ideas you like best. If the one post has ideas going in different directions "I'd like this, and that, and this thing too" its not easy to put a vote toward it as its to complicated.

So a good example would be:
Big Foot avatar
"I'd love to have a Bigfoot avatar, you know like that one from Harry and the Henderson. It would be funny if he had some flies as an optional layer, tee he he"
a bad example would be:
I want the following avatars... shaggy dog, dill pickle (with pickle juice background) and a coffee cup avatar. Oh and how about an exploding hot dog environment!"
While the second example might have some fun ideas, they need to be one idea per, well Idea:)

So go check it out, and lets see how well it works out for all of us.

HW AKA50
Active Poster

Re: Ideascale: Getting your ideas into the sytem

Post by HW AKA50 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:40 pm

ok i will stick with the bull ............... or the zodiac scheme ty jonas
aka50
Last edited by HW AKA50 on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today is the tomorrow you was thinking about yesterday"

AKA

MyAngelsNHeaven

Post by MyAngelsNHeaven » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:24 am

I would like to see angel avatars. Pretty wings, hair, etc. Angels are a VERY popular theme.

MaddogUSMC
Active Poster

Post by MaddogUSMC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:59 am

I play other sites like pogo, I have played here for 10 or 11 years. I have found that the deal of cards is sometimes one sided. why can't you fix the dealer. I just sat in 2 games in red seats and the blue seats got 8 and 9 bids, while me and my partner got 1 and 2 bids. Ya can't nil with ace of spades and a 1 bid. I won't buy the new version if you don't fix the deal of cards. Don't give me :evil: :evil: that crap about it's random cause it is not. You allow IM uses here. I have played at sites that don't allow the use of instant messenger. :oops: Mad as hell about not getting a honest deal of cards. Been this way for a while and all you say is it's random well it is not. Maybe you should try to play on the site and see for your self. :twisted:
Kiss a Veteran today, without them you would not be as free as you are. Remember the ones who gave all they had for this country. From a Combat Vet.

MaddogUSMC
Active Poster

Post by MaddogUSMC » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:13 am

Good idea is to make a Over 50 room like pogo does. Then the children won't spoil a good game like they do. Please go to pogo and see how they have it set up to play many rooms don't matter your rate that is determand by your bad dealer. Let the older players play with out the kids.
Kiss a Veteran today, without them you would not be as free as you are. Remember the ones who gave all they had for this country. From a Combat Vet.

mrmiles68

Post by mrmiles68 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:26 pm

I see no response from any Silvercreek employees on the ideascale website (or here for that matter) I think we should at least get the courtesy of being told what is and isn't possible. In addition, which ideas are harder to implement than others.

Also, my informal, non-scientific in-game poll has revealed that most people will NEVER upgrade (unless forced) because they want to use their own custom decks and they don't want to be charged for FOOMS. Also, the annual membership is a sticking point. I assume the marketing program is to eventually kill the old Hardwood card games and force people to use the new ones. You'll definitely lose a lot of customers if you do that, If I have any feel of the pulse of online players. Just food for thought.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:04 pm

mrmiles68 wrote:I see no response from any Silvercreek employees on the ideascale website (or here for that matter) I think we should at least get the courtesy of being told what is and isn't possible. In addition, which ideas are harder to implement than others.
Well we've been busy on our Android development so I haven't been keeping an eagle eye on there, but I go back when looking for things to that might be fun to do.
mrmiles68 wrote: Also, my informal, non-scientific in-game poll has revealed that most people will NEVER upgrade (unless forced) because they want to use their own custom decks and they don't want to be charged for FOOMS. Also, the annual membership is a sticking point. I assume the marketing program is to eventually kill the old Hardwood card games and force people to use the new ones. You'll definitely lose a lot of customers if you do that, If I have any feel of the pulse of online players. Just food for thought.
Interesting personal poll, but actually things have been going pretty well. Lots of folk are hopping on board.

We're not interested in forcing you to upgrade and we don't have any intent to shut down the "old" versions or server. In fact the team has been putting a lot of effort to make sure old and new folks can keep playing together. It would have been a lot easier to just say, "nope no more old we're just doing new", but we're not gonna do that to our players.

There's no need to have any angst about the new version, if you want to stick with the old stick with it. I just ask that you give the same courtesy to folks that want to move on to the new version.

MaddogUSMC
Active Poster

Post by MaddogUSMC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Guess I get no answers :oops: :!: :evil:

mrmiles68

Post by mrmiles68 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:26 pm

There's no need to have any angst about the new version, if you want to stick with the old stick with it. I just ask that you give the same courtesy to folks that want to move on to the new version.
Just to be clear, at no time was I discouraging people from the new version. If I could use my custom deck, I'd be using it right now. It's faster to get online, and the graphics are fabulous. After installing the new version, I started asking opposing players if they were using the old or new version. They gave me their opinions, and I paraphrased them for you here.

No card games out there compare to the Hardwood series. (That's why I suggested you make Pinochle, natural progression from Euchre, Hearts, Spades, Pinochle..then Bridge?) I like the games, and I was just voicing the concerns of myself and others.

Sagwa
Active Poster

Post by Sagwa » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:59 am

I scrolled thru the ideas but can't find any on the spades tables.
Hope it's ok to post here.
Is it possible to get a few more table colors? Ones to match the environments.
Rippled all black, would fit two of the environments really nice.
White puffy one like clouds.

MaddogUSMC
Active Poster

Post by MaddogUSMC » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:49 pm

or it your way of telling me ya dont want me on the site :shock:

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:24 pm

MaddogUSMC wrote:Good idea is to make a Over 50 room like pogo does. Then the children won't spoil a good game like they do.

Thats an great Idea. I guess we'd just need trust that people will respect that since it's not really enforceable.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 pm

Sagwa wrote:I scrolled thru the ideas but can't find any on the spades tables.
Hope it's ok to post here.
Is it possible to get a few more table colors? Ones to match the environments.
Rippled all black, would fit two of the environments really nice.
White puffy one like clouds.
yep very cool. You really should break those out into a few ideas for the idea scale site. Maybe some more description for each one.

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Concerning the new client version, you really need to add options so that we can remove the knick knacks while playing,,,such as gold dust, little hearts, coins....personnally I really dislike seing that while playing, it disrupts my concentration so I will stick with the old version for now.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:50 pm

Can't you put the person on ignore and not see the fooms?

I can't imagine they would take that away... that's the biggest suggestion given to avoid getting mad at the hostile players and taking it out on them or discussing it in the lobby.

Always, put the idiots on ignore and their chat and fooms go away.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."