Thanksgiving for aussies

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
sandbar
Guide

Thanksgiving for aussies

Post by sandbar » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:27 pm

:lol: :lol: I keep getting asked why australia doesnt celebrate thanksgiving.....
I have to tell them the Pilgrims never landed in oz, they took a wrong turn......... :lol:

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: Thanksgiving for aussies

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:58 am

Little known Australian history:

The first group of prisoners brought to the island by the British found their first winter harsh because it was July and they didn't expect it to be cold then. Having planted no crops, they found themselves quite hungry as well and were near to death when a tribe of aborigines encountered this sickly colony during their hunting expedition.

Prisoners found themselves hopeful and asked if they had warm clothes to offer and food to share. Sadly, there was nothing they could offer as they lived a minimalist existence themselves. One of the leaders of the prisoners cried out, "What is there to be thankful for in this God-forsaken land?".

The leader of the hunting party responded, "Well, you could have landed in New Zealand instead."

And this was how Australia celebrated it's first Thanksgiving.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Now you KNOW the maoris are going to be after you, and the Allblack rugby team will also, with their HAKA dance, and they are not to be trifled with, I assure you, ever seen them when they are fired up??
:lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cle20lQg0Qs

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:15 pm

Its the bunyips with the sweet gentle voice that worries me......once they get ya close.....BAM....kicked right in the shins.....rofl....oh and all the very bad spiders that inhabit that beautiful country....not sure which is more harmful....their bite or a kick from a lil ole sweet lookin bunyip with soccer player kicks.....heh heh.....hugzzzzz bunyip... :lol:
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.