game logs

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
kitchenbritch

game logs

Post by kitchenbritch » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:01 am

i can't find game logs in new version, and only have single player file in game log on the old version. I have both versions on my puter

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: game logs

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:52 pm

When I first downloaded v2, it was creating game logs. There was no replay in v2, and they couldn't be replayed in v1 but they were there and could be opened in notepad. It was possible to decipher by eyeball what happened in the log.

Now I cannot find where you tell it to keep 10 logs or all logs in v2. Did the creation of game logs get removed from v2 in an update?
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:15 pm

I know they removed the option in V2 to replay your games, so perhaps that is why you don't have game logs?

I do prefer the replay option that is still in V1, as it helps new players to see how passes are made and how other players play their hands.
:)

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:58 am

It helps also with tourney admins when players accuse someone of throwing. You can see what cards were in play to know if the play makes sense or if it appears the game was lost on purpose. It was completely invaluable in such a situation this week... all 3 opps were sure one of the players threw the game. Upon review, we determined this was not the case.

Without a log - whether or not we can replay it using the client as we can still examine it as a text file - all we have to go by is what people say, which in this case would have unfairly made us take punitive action.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."