Where has civility gone?

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
Sailing_Away
Guide

Where has civility gone?

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:58 am

I would think it was just me except multiple people have also made a similar observation. A lot of us still play these games because we'd love a good game, but that's becoming harder to experience; not because of player skill or strategy, but because there is a general lack of civility that is becoming more and more common. Most people on here really don't know each other, but more and more people are being increasingly rude and nasty in the things they say to each other. There's just no excuse for it, whether you think you know the person or not, and whether you actually have extenuating circumstances outside of your interactions here that you think justifies it.

The rude and nasty behaviour goes anywhere from calling names and insulting to actual threats to commit bodily harm to another player. It creates a load of negative energy, and too much exposure to it over a long enough period is not good for anyone, and sooner or later people will have enough and all you have left are people who have an appetite for it.

The good news though is that as much of it as there is, it's still just a small percentage of people creating such a huge problem that needs to be handled. Guides and tourney hosts are the front line in fighting this trend in their lobbies and games, while SCE is committed to taking action as appropriate when armed with the indisputable facts.

My point in posting this is to engage the player community on a topic that I believe has been widely observed and to let you know that SCE and the guides and tourney hosts are working to contain this, but we need your help. Please notify the guides when you run into one of these players that ruin the site for you with their behaviour and let them handle the problem. Also, make use of the "report game" function. If someone is exceedingly abusive or making personal threats, SCE has committed to taking action if they are able to verify what took place.

One final note: if you're a player who likes to be abusive and you don't want anyone moderating your speech, Darkhorse Tavern exists for such a purpose. You can say anything you want in there... no guide is going to stop you in that lobby or games played there. It's truly a free speech zone, so if that's what you preferred style, you do have a place to take it without ruining the site for everyone else. It's a place you can go if you and an opponent want to "discuss" your game openly, too. Make good use of it!
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: Where has civility gone?

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:00 pm

Silly me! I didn't realize DarkHorse was gone.

So don't go there. You'll be lost!
-Brian

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Please notify the guides when you run into one of these players that ruin the site for you with their behaviour and let them handle the problem. Also, make use of the "report game" function. If someone is exceedingly abusive or making personal threats, SCE has committed to taking action if they are able to verify what took place.

Brian highlights some very good points.
We are fortunate to have such a terrific game site to enjoy and share online with others. So, it's a shame when a select few find it necessary to intentionally disrupt the fun and enjoyment of others. Everyone agreed to the server rules when they joined so, no one is exempt from them:
http://www.silvercrk.com/server_rules/

Have fun, and good luck in your games!!!

Becky2555 :heart: :heart: :heart:

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:59 pm

To bad they don't enforce ALL of the Server Rules

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:58 am

I think I would agree, US Marshall, that all server rules should be enforced. Guess I am not aware though which server rules are not enforced. Can you enlighten us what you mean?
-Brian