Prayer Chain for Pokey

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
Intellimouse
Active Poster

Prayer Chain for Pokey

Post by Intellimouse » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:12 pm

I am known for being a smartass, and I try to make light of day to day problems. The 1 thing I can't talk about or make fun of is Pokey. Right now she needs your prayers. :(
Last edited by Intellimouse on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:44 pm

what is wrong with our pokey?? I wasnt even aware there was something wrong. I hadnt heard anything. Someone fill me in?? It's probably personal and i would never pry in something serious like this, but any general info to share???? did i miss a pokey thread??

I will certainly keep her in my thoughts!
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:06 pm

Yes would like to know also, please fill us in, in the mean time I definately wish her well and speedy recovery.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:13 pm

Count me in Intelli...Whatever is goin on Pokey..We are thinkin about ya..
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:17 pm

:( Lots of thoughts and prayers flowing from Australia too, Pokey. Hope it is nothing serious :?

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:23 am

We will send along our prayers for pokey as well, don't know what the problem is but hope its all better soon.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

HW_Heaven
Big Poster

Post by HW_Heaven » Thu Mar 02, 2006 7:50 am

OMG What is wrong with the pokey one??? I know I hadn't seen her on in a bit and have been worried about that. Her last post in the forum has been a month ago, and we all know that ain't like Pokey. She is a very sweet person and I hope all is OK with her.

If you don't feel comfortable saying in here what is going on then please IM me hw_heaven@cox.net is MSN and hw_heaven@sbcglobal is yahoo. I haven't seen her in messenge3rs either :(

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:19 pm

I have just spoken with Pokey's friend and the following message was approved for posting here in the forum.

Pokey certainly does need our prayers. She went into the hospital a few weeks ago for a simple nerve block surgery. An accident occured, and her spinal cord was cut. She is paralyzed at this time, but has been given a 60% chance of walking again after the procedures they are doing now have been completed.

She has been placed in a chemical coma, and will remain so until Sunday. Stem cell work has been started on her spinal cord, and we will probably get no more news til Monday or so.

Trevor is fine, and is being cared for by Pokey's friend. He is having fun playing with her two dogs.

After Sunday, we will post the hospital address so cards and flowers can be sent. I asked that her friend whisper to her often that all her friends here in HW are thinking of her, and praying like mad.

HW_Heaven
Big Poster

Post by HW_Heaven » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:32 pm

I am just so sad right now you can't even believe how much. Pokey has been a great friend to me for the last few years. She has a very big heart, she even offered to cut her hair for a wig for Cat, and I barely knew her at that time.

I am sure Trevor is missing his mommy so much right now. I can't help but cry for my dear friend.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:08 pm

Thank you NanaGram for letting all of us know and for having her friend pass on whispers of support, thoughts of speedy recovery, love and care in hopes that they reach her from all of us. I hope this friend also realizes how wonderful she is for taking care of Trevor. My thoughts are with them all, My hopes are that Pokey is getting the very best of care where she is. I cannot wait to have her back with us!
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:15 pm

Good grief.....Thank's Nana for the info....And thank's Intelli for letting us know with this thread....
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:44 pm

:cry: :cry: What can I say, this is very sad news indeed, really turns you off surgery doesn't it. :cry: Prayers and hugs to Pokey and family from Oz.

HW_Heaven
Big Poster

Post by HW_Heaven » Thu Mar 02, 2006 5:41 pm

With the help of LadyMo and Goosie we have made this for Pokey, everyone please sign it with something nice so that she will know she is in our thoughts and prayers.

http://www.groupcard.com/birthday4/GetBackToUs.html

Intellimouse
Active Poster

Post by Intellimouse » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:11 pm

Image I miss my pokester :cry:

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Thu Mar 02, 2006 6:30 pm