Game Version Numbers

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
kissmad
Active Poster

Game Version Numbers

Post by kissmad » Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:55 pm

Is it possible to add the version number of the game next to the download link of the game? It would make it easier to see if a new version of the game has been released instead of having to download the file and then installing it. :)

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:05 pm

:D But it takes hardly any time at all to download the update, and I just love watching the dragon eat the smoke :wink:

kissmad
Active Poster

Post by kissmad » Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:23 pm

sandbar wrote::D But it takes hardly any time at all to download the update, and I just love watching the dragon eat the smoke :wink:
Not on dialup. Besides I like to have an .exe file to install instead of having to update online.

Unicron
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Unicron » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:17 pm

You just select check for updates from within the game. It either finds one or it doesn't. Thats really the easiest way to go;

In Order to Update your software you need to do the following for Spades, Hearts, or Euchre. First open your current version of the game. From the Main Menu you want to press "Help" and after that "Check For Updates". After it finds one their will be a button that says "Get It". After Pressing that button it will download the patch to your computer and then prompt you to install it. After installation you will restart and you should be at the most current version.

If you are running Hardwood Solitaire 3, while playing a game, press the "Menu" button on the top left of the screen denoted by the house symbol. Then press "More" followed by "Check For Updates" to get to the same screen as the above games.

If you are running Dangerous Mines, while playing a game, press the "Menu" button on the top left of the screen denoted by the house symbol. Then press "Options" followed by "Check For Updates to get to the same screen as the above games.