Moving..To Colorado Need Information

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:04 pm

You are welcome Hexa.....and no that didnt confuse me...Bull Elk will bugle at each other clear across valley's and come toward each other to fight...Hunter's imitate the sound during the rut to attract big Bull's....I have myself.....and cow's talk to bulls as well and their calve's...kinda like a meeeew....you would have to hear it lol...

No I didnt know you could hunt in Roosevelt Park...but some do allow it if the Elk herd is getting to large....harvesting prevent's starvation and keep's the herd healthy and strong.....

The Mountain men called the Rocky Mountain's......The Shining Mountain's..

Wish I could have seen your face the first time you saw them....Now you know why I love the mountain's like I do....Below is a list of some of the Mountain's I have been in... 8)

Absaroka
Bighorns
Bridger
Medicine Bow
Tetons
Wind Rivers
Laramie
Cascade
Manashtash
Blue Mountains
Olympics
Wenatchee
Selkirks
Issaquah
Beartooth
Bridger
Bitterroot
Rocky Mountains
Sangre De Cristo
Bear River Mountains
Sierra Nevada
San Gabriel
San Bernadino
Kingston Range
Shoshone Mnts
Ruby Mnts
Toiyabe Range
Truckee Range
Wallowas
Siskiyous
Klamath Mnts
Wasatch Mnts
Uinta Mnts
Superstition
White Mnts

Nice pic's GrandmaS
8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:49 am

wow thats a lot of mountains lol

ive never been to washinton state, as far as i know, but i lived in california, was born in Nevada, and spent alot of time in colorado and wyoming but that was so long ago.
I recognize the tetons, laramie, medicine bow, syerra nevadas, rockies from your list, and am sure ive been to those, the rest id have to ask my father. If most are in washington then im almost sure i havent. If they are in the states i listed above, there is a good chance i have seen them atleast once. Rabbit Ears Pass seems to be so vivid in my memory is that what its called??, I can remember it was the wake up point LOL Mom would make us get up when we were traveling when we got to rabbit ears. It was about the time Dad had to pull over and let the hot engine cool heheh. But i dont know where it is, id have to look it up.

xox
Hexa
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:31 pm

Oh wow do I remember Rabbit Ear Pass.....It's in Colorado and yup it's pretty high...
Every time we went over it my Mom would get on the floor...ROFL......She hated height's with a passion....

Those Mountain's are all in the West.....Washington...Idaho...Montana...Wyoming....
Colorado...California...Arizona...Utah...and Nevada....
8)

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:34 pm

Thank you Primal

Hexa the pictures of your kids are great, and I love the snazy new boots. Probably something in a boys version I am gonna need to be looking for soon.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:30 pm

You are welcome GrandmaS.....You look like such a sweet lady....How do you like Eastern Wa?......get's pretty cold over there in the winter...I will be in that area around Oct 25th and in November huntin Pheasant's about 10 miles north of you near Soap Lake.....and the Gloyd Seep's area as well..... 8)

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:35 pm

We really like it so far :) nice neighbors and such. I am hoping for snow this year we rarely got any on the Island.

When you get over here if you get time let me know we can meet up for coffee or something lol. We have been to Soap lake many times, the kids love walking wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out in the water and getting no more then waist deep lol.

My dad used to take our Springer phesant hunting when I was a kid.

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed Oct 18, 2006 5:16 pm

I would love to have coffee with you...That's what I hunt with....a Springer....and he love's it over there....and so do I...I know everyone of the seep lake's and have caught my share of trout out of em....pure heaven...... 8)

out on parole
Active Poster

Post by out on parole » Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:55 pm

BRING A SWEATER

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:29 am

out on parole wrote:BRING A SWEATER
Indeed lol...one year in Nov over there I was 4 miles from my truck in 17 degree weather and snowing.....I stepped on what I thought was low brush and it was hiding a small creek...one that I promptly fell in...It was frozen over and snowed on and looked just like land.....It didnt take my clothe's long to freeze and when I returned home 2 day's later I got my share of pneumonia which kept me in bed for 2 week's.......so now I walk around everything lol.......That area has 100's of small creek's runnin through it....and lot's of Pheasant's....... 8)

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:09 pm

Had a blizzard, where i am in Loveland we got atleast 3-4 ft in most areas.
My house is on a hill (incline?), so our van slid down the driveway over nite and has been stuck the last 3 days in the street at the end of my driveway.
My husbands car a 4 wheel drive blazer is stuck on the road on hwy 287 and has been since Tuesday.

lol I wished for this white xmas, but i dont recall asking for it in blizzard- style.

I ran out of basic-food lastnite (milk, bread that sort of thing) and so we spent the morning having the car towed to a cleared road.

this is our 3rd heavy snow so far this year, im told the worst comes in february and March around here.. Boy!!

Merry Xmas all, and happy new year! If anyone should happen to run into the big guy who delivers presents Please ask him for a 10 mega pixel camera with xtra zoom for me :) Ive been a really good girl, too! Oh and Mr Hexa would really like a snow-blower :)

xox
Hexa

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:25 pm

Looks absolutely beautiful, if you don't have to go anywhere lol

I wanted a white Christmas too, but I am putting on my Wish list only like a foot or so please............

Looks like the kids are enjoying it :)

Hugs and Smiles

I am woman I am strong

NanaGram
Big Poster

Post by NanaGram » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:35 pm

Merry Christmas, Hexa and family. Looks like you're gonna have a great time.

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:57 pm

LOL.... told ya about the snow BUT ISN"T great to play in??? I know I enjoyed that part, it can't all be fun but what is makes up for what isn't.

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

CalculatedRisk
Guide

Post by CalculatedRisk » Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:52 am

I want some snow!!! NOT THAT MUCH, but I want some snow for Christmas! Hope you are enjoying your new home Hexa, the kids are loving that! :)