Why Some Peeps doesnt Follow the Server Rules

Stuff that isn't specific to the other categories
Mompsu
Big Poster

Why Some Peeps doesnt Follow the Server Rules

Post by Mompsu » Wed Apr 30, 2003 4:11 am

:?: :!: :idea:

SCE has became bigger International Site, There are many other spoken languages in the lobbys, and its great. But I quess there is missing a Very Important Part in HardWood ~~~~ The Rules of SCE shall be in German, in French, in Spanish.. I have seen often also Russians.. To sign up and to play doesnt need to know much english, but to understand the long Agreement, YES.

I have seen non english playas who doesnt understand why theyr names has suddenly been taken away, they are confused and if SCE allows them to speak theyr own languages in lobby then PLEASE.. give also possibility to Understand the RULES of the Server too.
:) * :) * :)
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:03 am

Excellent suggestion, Mompsu.

HotPoker4MyEyePlease
Grand Master

Post by HotPoker4MyEyePlease » Wed Apr 30, 2003 9:15 am

:idea: Great Idea!!!!!!!!! :idea:

Huggiez & Pokez
ImageImage

wardet el sa7arah

GypsyRoseL
Active Poster

Post by GypsyRoseL » Wed Apr 30, 2003 10:20 am

Would only seem fair .... however, regardless of which language swearing is swearing and who doesn't know that is not acceptable? (As for the rest of the stuff ... ??)

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Wed Apr 30, 2003 1:01 pm

Well. Gypsy..

You believe me or not, but some ppl really used to swear in everyday life. So those take theyr habbits to online to let all see how *cool* they are.. :roll: Or they feel they are *easy, bad girls* and why not to let others to call them like. By not understanding Server Rules it can happend very easy.. Hope you see my point now, Rose. :?
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!

e_moomoo
Big Poster

Post by e_moomoo » Thu May 01, 2003 11:14 am

:-) Very good idea! I like it. At least ONE other language would be better, in addition to English.
"People may not remember exactly what you said or did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." :-)

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Thu May 01, 2003 12:09 pm

I dont see why there couldn't be a list of all different languages and just click on one to chose from. Makes sense to me. :)

We have players from all over the world that speak different languages. German, French, Macedonian, Spanish, Italian, Norwegain... gosh there are too many to remember, all those folks from the Netherlands... this is home to them, they are here daily. We even have a regular player from Hong Kong. Of course, he doesn't say much, but he does smile a lot. Joe Coo our HK kitty. He'll never let you down :)

Tomes
Active Poster

Post by Tomes » Thu May 01, 2003 8:26 pm

Sometimes when conversations go on in the lobby in another language (mostly French I see) I copy it and drop it into babelfish to find out what they might be saying.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/

The trick is one must know what that language is, lol.

It might be easy for SCE to drop their agreement into babelfish to get a free and easy translation so they can have many language versions.

Hoping this helps,
Tomes

mickodie
Big Poster

Post by mickodie » Mon May 12, 2003 7:11 pm

Tomes stole my thunder :wink: Was going to say they have language conversions programs out there. :lol:
Have Fun, Play Fair, and Keep the Card Gods Happy!

USA_Justice
Active Poster

Post by USA_Justice » Tue May 13, 2003 2:17 pm

I work in an engineering envoronment as an industiral product designer. We have to design Danger, Warning, and Caution labels, not to mention our parts manuals and operating instructions for every machine. I run a CADD system called Pro/Engineer (for those who are interested). We ship a lot of products to Europe, South America, Middle East, Asia, and on and on. Every country requires a language translation.

Speaking from experience, those language translators might be able to translate word for word, but they don't understand common phrases and dialects. I can tell you horror stories where we thought we were saying one thing but were saying something entirely different.

Although these translation programs are fine if you want to know approximately what something says. For a legal, binding document, you will never replace good old manual (by people) phrase to phrase translations. There can be many things that will translate incorrectly, or even offensive, if you rely on digital translations.

I think if they do the language translations it will have to be long form and it will take lots of time and money (speaking from experience).

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere."

Moordock
Grand Master

Translation

Post by Moordock » Tue May 13, 2003 6:53 pm

Once upon a time I worked for the Pepsi Co.
They decided it was time to open a Kentucky Fried Chicken in China.
However, it didn't do very well. It wasn't until someone told them they had translated "Finger Lickin' Good" to "Tastes Like Fingers" in Chinese.....
:lol:

e_moomoo
Big Poster

Post by e_moomoo » Tue May 13, 2003 7:51 pm

LOL, Moordock. I think the Asian languages might be the more difficult ones for translations, they have so many words/phrases and ideas that just don't translate well to western languages.

I travelled to Taiwan, and those people are just precious, and love everyting western, but I was glad for hand signals lol. It was also very interesting comparing languages, and the learning about the things that don't translate.