Backgammon update

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Backgammon update

Post by Jonas » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:08 pm

For anyone playing online, you've probably noticed that your all running a new version of Hardwood backgammon.

Changes:
1. Die Rolling has been redone with a new algorithm.
2. Pip and score is now able to be on all the time.
3. Hovering over a checker will show light up the markers where it would land.
4. Chat Icon now works so you can tell if somone is typing
5. a Single left click with move a checker of the Left Die.

Synderyella
Active Poster

no more backgammom since upgrade

Post by Synderyella » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:28 pm

I cannot get the game anymore since trying to download that patch. I emailed support and they sent a lengthy reply which had lots of remedies to try. I tried everything and gave it to a computer programmer to try all the options they suggested. I even tried to delete the game and reload it. Nothing works. I cannot get backgammon anymore. I still get the other 3 games spades, hearts, euchre. I just can't get backgammon anymore. Anyone else have this problem? It is not my firewall it is not aol. I have tried it with dial up and with cable connection. I have tried it with aol and without aol I have tried it with all firewalls off and all ports open. Nothing seems to make it possible for me to have this game anymore since you tweaked it. The computer programmer I had try to help me, said it is something silvercreek / hardwood did not anything on my computer causing the problem. I spoke to another person who plays backgammon rarely and she said it messed up her computer and although she got into the game after the patch she was kicked out of the game with an ERROR message and the BLUE DEATH Screen flashed and she was not gonna mess with the game again for fear of ruining her hard drive. She said HW/silvercreek did a major mistake somehow in their latest update. Does anyone else have any problems with this?
spade (spayed) my pets

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:47 pm

Hi, What is the problem exactly? Are there any error messages? What do they say exactly?

Synderyella
Active Poster

error messages in backgammon

Post by Synderyella » Sun Apr 29, 2007 11:44 pm

after downloading the patch...the upload of test results could not go through...clicked retry a few times and still at that point of the download/patch it is unable to connect to the server. Cannot check the test results at end.
Then...when trying to connect to backgammon I am stopped at the 1,2,3,4,...be sure you are connected to internet. I am connected to the internet but cannot connect to backgammon. Port 4004 is open firewall off doesn't connect.
my friend actually played a little bit of one game before it did it to her but then when she got disconnected from server in game couldn't get back and couldn't connect to backgammon ever again.
spade (spayed) my pets

Synderyella
Active Poster

Post by Synderyella » Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:17 am

I am still unable to connect to backgammon on my computer. Ever since the upgrade you forced us to update to this new patch and I have never been able to get bg on this computer again. I get spades and other games no problem. I have tried when I am signed on to aol and also simultaneously have internet explorer open too. I have tried with my high speed connections and with dial up. I am connected to the internet but I still cannot connect with backgammon. I don't have this problem with hearts or euchre and I can be connected with them and still backgammon says I need to be sure aol is connected to internet. I have deleted the game and re-installed it several times and it still does not work. At the end of install it tries to upload graphics test results and cannot connect. Gee it connected for the download what happened with the upload? Why can't I play backgammon??? Please help me. I have written and written about this on the forum and in email and yet I get no help.
spade (spayed) my pets

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:34 am

Hi, Sorry for missing your earlier post. The majority of the time these problems are caused by a firewall blocking the connection to our server. Sometimes people have more then one installed and don't realize it. So try turning off anything that may block the connection. Look through the icons in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Usually you can right click on these and click Exit or Close. Also be sure to turn off the firewall built into windows.

Once you figure out what is blocking the game, you'll want to turn your firewall back on and configure it to allow our game to connect.

rebell53

Re: Backgammon update

Post by rebell53 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:53 am

seams Win XP (French version) doesn't like the update...
is this an issue ? or do I have other ways?
Friendly yours,
>DF
The Loch Drops In A Glass Of Water

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Backgammon update

Post by Jonas » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:21 pm

Could you walk us through whats not working?