Still No 7's. Is anyone actually listening??

Bucky
Active Poster

Still No 7's. Is anyone actually listening??

Post by Bucky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:27 am

I'm not going to go through all the reasons why i and clearly many others think that we should have the option of playing 7's up. It's been done. The point has been tossed about, and for all intents and purposes, the people who paid money to enjoy this site have generally agreed it would be a good thing to have.

So this post is directed at whoever makes the decisions.

10 months ago the first 7's up post was written and was for the most part ignored by any powers that be. 7 months ago another post was written and received a reply from Jonas
We ALWAYS welcome any suggestion folks come up with.

While we won't always implement each suggestion right away, we do add them to the possible feature list which is quite long :)

So keep them coming.
Now i can understand that suggestions are made, and can swallow the fact that they are made often. I am however curious as to how many suggestions are made relating to the actual rules of the game, as opposed to interaction. Euchre is pretty straight forward. There are a couple of variations, but they don't stray too much from the original formula. Ironically, the 7's up suggestion is the actual original formula. The fact that 10 months after the initial post, and 7 months after a follow up (with a significant response) that nothing has been done or indicated that it will be..... leaves me feeling as if Jonas has offered us a token reply. Something to satisfy the masses long enough for them to forget about it and move on.

God created the world in 7 days. It's been 7 months since your last word from you on the issue Jonas. You call yourself the Illuminated one. Show us the light Jonas! Bite the bullet and satisfy your paying customers. We will bow at the alter of a 7's up deck.

This message will self destruct in 7 seconds. :twisted:
"Life is full of little surprises" ~ Pandora

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Re: Still No 7's. Is anyone actually listening??

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:40 am

Somethings wrong with this post.... it says "This message will self destruct in 7 seconds"

and it hasn't, did you light the fuse yet Bucky??

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

Bucky
Active Poster

Post by Bucky » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:43 am

I took suggestions on how to light it, i considered them for while...... then i guess i just forgot about it :lol: But thanks for lining me up for another jab :wink:
"Life is full of little surprises" ~ Pandora

chasarsenal

Post by chasarsenal » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:56 am

assuming that this will get on the mwssage board and stay there which may be in doubt but we will try.As to having the sevens in wot a good idea lets set up a vote and see if most want it but most of all lets hope the few that are the most important people in hw want it to or i suspect it will never happen. Also while on this sudject how about in the british rules version the dealer as the opportunity of putting his /her partner down if they pick it up ,also change where they can order the up card and dont need to go alone as it is in the standard game :D Hope this makes sense to you all

In2ition
Active Poster

Post by In2ition » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:52 am

well here's the thing Chasarsenal there has been a vote. On a topic posted a while back now.....

7's and Up. Time to get real here!
Postby In2ition on Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:59 am

There was/is an 83% result in favour of a 7's deck being an "option". Please feel free to cast your vote there and bump the topic up the list a little.
Admin chose not to respond to that topic so we created another in the hope of some kind of response.

7's Revolution
Postby In2ition on Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:15 am

Now this is where things get a little interesting. While there was no voting set up for this one.... it received a positive response by a margin of 16 to 1 in favour of the 7's deck being an "option". (bare in mind that this is only from people who actually read the forum. There has been an extremely positive response from players in HW itself when this topic has been brought up in general conversation)

As well as that overwhelming percentage of players who actually want this, we received a "canned reply" from Admin, namely Jonas himself.
We ALWAYS welcome any suggestion folks come up with.

While we won't always implement each suggestion right away, we do add them to the possible feature list which is quite long :)

So keep them coming.
10 months later, we have no idea whether this concept remains on the quite long "possible feature list", or if it has been relegated to the round file. 1 thing we can be certain of is that despite 2 posts with replies over over 80% in favour of this, nothing has changed. As a matter of fact, i can't remember too many things changing at all in a long time on this site. Make of that what you will :roll:
Confucious Say : War not determine who is right.... War determine who is left!

Underbelly

Post by Underbelly » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:56 pm

Somethings just occured to me. This topic has has had over 5000 views in it's 3 forms.... positive votes for the suggestion. I'm starting to get a feeling here.

Could it be??

ImageIs Jonas the Grinch that stole 7's?? Are there similarities here??Image

Have we been misled the whole time?

:twisted: Time to lynch the Grinch and get our 7's up deck :twisted:

UpsNDowns

Post by UpsNDowns » Fri May 02, 2008 3:06 pm

I have been playing euchre for over 30 years. During that 30 years I have lost three 10 point games in a row but never in only nine hands. On Hardwood the loner frequency is a joke.

The constant loners are conducive to blocking so recently I chose to employ that strategy. I was chastised royally and accused of playing dirty. I was told in no uncertain terms that it was rude to block a players chance at a loner. I don't see basketball players backing off blocking the three point shots. Competitive games regardless if they are of a physical or mental nature use a strategy to stop their opponents from scoring. For the players that think it is dirty playing then maybe they are more suited to the social game.

I like playing on the Hardwood site but very few games are good competitive games. If the addition of 7's will make the games more competitive then I say by all means. At least rescore the loner to a lower point value. I like the 10-point games because many times a players connection is so slow a 15 point game is unbearable to sit through.

maktub
Active Poster

Post by maktub » Sat May 03, 2008 11:47 pm

Nah, all good players expect you to block. I've never heard that it's considered rude.
Exsessive--yes. Compulsive--definitely. Paranoia--sometimes. Wearisome--as a rule. Overrated--for sure! A wasted point--way too many. Brilliant--on occasion. But rude--no.
It is written.

American Beauty
Grand Master

Post by American Beauty » Thu Dec 11, 2008 12:16 pm

Just thought I'd mosey on by and give this one a kind little kick... bump.

btw how many varieties does Spades have? Can anyone tell me?

:)

The soul suffers when we make it live superficially and so seeks out things of beauty and the profound.

Grace finds beauty in everything.

Terry Brett
Active Poster

Post by Terry Brett » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:16 pm

Spades and shovels
There is an endless variety of spades (for cutting into compacted earth) and shovels (for moving looser earth) and scoops (with larger, more bowl-shaped heads for moving even looser material like ground corncobs); with long handles, or shorter handles that end in a D-shaped grip for working in tighter quarters. Most gardeners end up with a number of variations on the theme. I like a “turned step” on any digging spade. (The metal at the top of the blade is turned at a right angle, to give a larger, more comfortable surface against which to push with the sole of the boot.)

Hope this helps on your next call!!!
Image I have the body of a god... Buddha!

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:48 pm

And many "improved shovels/spades has been invented like the tined spade that allows for a starter penatration into the soil before the spade portion to enhance the dig.... we have the small hand held for in close work in the potted soils and even shovels for our food (spoon).... we have snow shovels of several varieties that some of us our playing with as I type here, some for soft snow and some for hard pack (I like to use C4 first)..... we have coal shovals and sand shovals and they can all be called spades.......

Alast poor Euchre players.... if only.... if only... we could get some variety in our game could we really enjoy ourselves...... maybe Santa Jonas will bring us something other than coal for Christmas since it can only be used with a spade.......

JUST DUST

PS - we ask not for much sir.... just some bread to go with our water........ and if you feel so inclined could you also bring us a couple of new avatars, a foom or 2 and maybe some new paint for the lobby walls, we'll paint them.
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

callme7
Active Poster

Post by callme7 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Keep badgering Jonas guys, you are doing a great job. DeWayne will be the only one that won't like 7s up, why? coz we kept dealing him all the 7s in the deck in Vegas when practicing. Hehehe. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Eennie Meenie

The G

EUCHREtimesTWO

Post by EUCHREtimesTWO » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:28 am

I haven't posted anything on the forum in a while, but the 7's up deck is something worthy of a post. I absolutely love playing at Hardwood, but the severe streaks are beginning to bother me again. I am convinced that I will no longer be able to enjoy the 24 card deck of euchre, knowing that something better exists. Knowing that 7's up euchre could be the solution to all of my problems is driving me absolutely crazy. Please consider adding this feature.

The Zee
Active Poster

Post by The Zee » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:12 am

Does anyone know where Jonas lives? Caus im quite happy to go badger him with about 20000 badgers. Are they smelly like skunks?

Cmon Jonas SAVE the badgers, dont get badgered just give us the 7sup and we wont have to skunk you!!!

DeWayne dont worry mate, that Joker isnt really the 6 of trump :lol:

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:09 pm

You must be talking about Badger from Goldtoken.....
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."