Hardwood Solitiare IV Pre release launch!

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Hardwood Solitiare IV Pre release launch!

Post by Jonas » Wed May 05, 2010 4:10 pm

Hey folks, Jonas here. I just wanted to let you in on some exciteing news!

Hardwood Solitaire IV is here! Whoo Hoo!
You can download it here:
http://www.silvercrk.com/solitaire_iv/

We need your help to check it out and make sure we get it properly oiled for prime time. This prerelease version is pretty much the real deal, so we you guys and gals to put it through it's paces and give us some feedback here.

If you run into a problem, click the "submit bug report' button in the upper right corner of the game.

Hardwood Solitaire IV its going to introduce you to some new concepts for our games.
1) Micro-transactions or Pay as you go. The game divided up into parts, and you just buy the parts you want, and leave the parts you don't. We'll add more parts like decks ,environments and additional solitaire games, you can pick up if you want.

2) Achievements. Solitaire IV has over 18 achievements you can earn, like Wining 10 games, or just trying out 100, wining a game under a minute, etc. This adds fun new way to play solitaire.

3) Leaderboards. Each of the over 100 solitaire games has it's own online leaderboard. See where you rank on the list, you might just be the best FreeCell player in the World! Its effortless, as each game is automatically recorded for you.

4) Data Ticker. Find out whats going on with your own ticker just like the news. We'll show you who's in the community is earning cool achievements, or how the leaderboard for the game your playing in a convenient ticker format.

What the heck are you waiting for... quit reading and try out our best solitaire game ever!

See ya on the leaderboards!

EvilIntentions
Noob

Re: Hardwood Solitiare IV Pre release launch!

Post by EvilIntentions » Wed May 05, 2010 4:57 pm

I never knew there were soooo many versions of solitair. I have been enjoying the site it is very addicitive. i will tell as many as I can about it :)

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed May 05, 2010 5:07 pm

EvilIntentions wrote:I never knew there were soooo many versions of solitair. I have been enjoying the site it is very addicitive. i will tell as many as I can about it :)
Thanks Evil, I appreciate the help!

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Wed May 05, 2010 5:24 pm

i will to already my household enjoying it so family and friends will know about it.

ty luvcookies :D

Primal Instincts
Grand Master

Post by Primal Instincts » Wed May 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Im hooked as well....sendin it out to family and friends....... 8)
The Wilderness has answers to questions man has not yet learned to ask.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:10 pm

We've just relased an update, so be sure to click on the "check version" menu item in the game to get the latest and greatest. Lots of bug fixes.

We've also released our 1st Mac OSX Build of Solitaire IV. So if you own a Mac OSX 10.4 or higher (or you know someone who does) we'd love to get it tried out.

Just go to the website and download it.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:33 am

I am having trouble the same as Xuzik, she has put in a topic Game Trouble, so I won't copy the picture, but look at the picture she took of the screen, I found when I was playing Spider, the cards split like the picture she took, although when I moved my mouse around, they went back to normal. Is that any help?

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood Solitaire IV Pre release launch!

Post by Jonas » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:27 am

sandbar wrote:I am having trouble the same as Xuzik, she has put in a topic Game Trouble, so I won't copy the picture, but look at the picture she took of the screen, I found when I was playing Spider, the cards split like the picture she took, although when I moved my mouse around, they went back to normal. Is that any help?
Sandbar, go ahead and do a bug report when you see that by right-cliking on the titlebar or you may need to use the keyboard method of "CTRL+F8"

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:58 pm

I sent a report in, but when i moved my mouse, the cards came good again, so don't know if that is any help, what i DID notice however, is it seems to be when I am moving a group of cards across to another card, for example in Spider, I don't seem to have trouble in say, Pyramid for instance, where you are only clicking on a couple of cards and not moving a heap of them.
The best way I can describe it, is some of the cards 'splinter' and 'break up', but so far it seems to be only when I try and move some of them across to the other group of cards. Moving the mouse clears it for me though.
Also, if I pause the game to take a photo, it clears also.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:19 am

Since I was able to reproduce it here, I think it will be fine. Hopefully we'll have a fix early next week.

Xuzika
Active Poster

Post by Xuzika » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Jonas I was trying with Ctrl+F8 but look like bug disappears when pop up come up report send anyway

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:47 pm

Manny is on the bug :) So don't sweat it.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:45 pm

Okay Sandbar and Xuzika, that bug should be fixed with the update we did tonight. So do a Check Version, and get the latest build.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:32 pm

Ignore the bug report i sent in, because i had forgotten to check version first :oops: , so I did that, updated, and had no problems with the game, you seem to have squished the bug :lol:
Good luck :mrgreen:

PandoraEllen
Active Poster

Post by PandoraEllen » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:58 pm

update removed bug 4 me also

The Joy is in the Journey!