Provisional Player - Kicked Out of Games Twice Yesterday

niknich
Active Poster

Provisional Player - Kicked Out of Games Twice Yesterday

Post by niknich » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:40 am

I am a provisional player (paid, but provisional). I had been practicing on the computer (using the tutorial on hard level) and was ready to play spades! To my chagrin, when I went into a game to play, I was kicked out. Mind you, I had never played before so it was not a personality problem or a problem of not moving my cards. I have to assume because of my provisional status. I saw in this same game (from the lobby) where different people were being kicked out before the game began. I tried a second game, and again, I was kicked out even before I got to play. You would think these wins really mean something in real life. It is just here or are players like this at other game sites?

sandbar
Guide

Re: Provisional Player - Kicked Out of Games Twice Yesterday

Post by sandbar » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:05 pm

Players DO get kicked out of games for various reasons, one, as you said, might be because you are provisional, the best way around this is to set your own game, that way it is YOU who decides who sits.
Sometimes players are waiting on friends and don't wait to tell you that, they just boot you out, the other reason could be that the players who join are too low rated, high rated players lose more points if a lower rated player wins the game.
And yes, we aren't playing for money or a car, it should be just for fun, but we do have some serious players who like to choose who they play with.
It happens in all the games, not just Spades.
Set your own game, be the boss :wink:

Galt
Grand Master

Re: Provisional Player - Kicked Out of Games Twice Yesterday

Post by Galt » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:03 pm

Hi and welcome to HW.

In short, it is worse here than most other sites. Social skills seem to be at a real premium among many of our Spaders.

Just keep at it.

You also might want to try a few social (non-rated) games. It is sometimes hard to get players to play them, but usually they will be friendlier.

Best of luck.