Ponder multiple Leaderboards, need feedback.

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Re: Ponder multiple Leaderboards, need feedback.

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Jonas i read what you said about keeping our rating which is great but i was wondering if it could also keep our records(wins,loses) .Maybe give a seperate tab in our profiles that anyone could click on to see our old ratings and records for that nic.Maybe call it something like "Historical" tab.Some players have some very impressive stats on certain nics that would be ashame to lose even if the rating is stored.One of my better nics is 54-2 in partners with a 1849 rating.I played this nic with 4 of the best players on this site(Vesna,Dan,Raj,and Slammy) and i'm very proud of it.It would be nice that when people see that the rating is 1849 that they get to see the stats it took to get that rating.
As your question, wanting feed back about the leaderboards... I think there should be 4 leaderboards. Single shoot,Single no shoot,Partner shoot, and Partner no shoot.I agree that singles and partner games should have different leaderboards as they are 2 completely different games but i also think that you should split shoot and no shoot ratings too as it pretains to leaderboards as they are also 2 completely different games.Shoot requires much more skill to play then the pass all your high cards,dump and duck game that no shoot is and therefore someone with a high rated nic in shoot singles should be given the honor and recognition that they deserve.
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:03 am

LOL

Lace
Grand Master

Post by Lace » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:52 am

To be perfectly honest.....I don't think anyone cares about the leaderboards unless they are on them??? That's a VERY small number of people compared to how many are playing. I would hope we have the option of just turning it off.
Image Remember those you step on while trying to climb that ladder are those you will need to pass again when you fall back down!

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:08 pm

I think Rod has a great idea about splitting ratings between shoot and no shoot and there would be no better way than to split the rooms again and have leader boards for shoot in smoots and leader boards for no shoot in Wizards. I love that idea.

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:09 pm

The reason the rooms were joined together was because there were never enough players in the shoot room. :| sometimes there were only 5 or 6 players in the shoot room, so I can't see how splitting the rooms again would work.
Leaderboards are something I wouldn't worry about either, and would hope we could turn them off.

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:01 am

I agree with you Lace and Sandy, i was just answering Jonas's question with my opinion if they were to make multiple leaderboards.I have a great idea to solve the issue.Leave everything the same as it is now and get rid of the leaderboard altogether! That would solve any problems that anyone has as it pretains to the leaderboard and they wouldn't have to do a major overhaul of the ratings etc.Novel eh :)
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 am

Well if very few people like the shoot version maybe we should just eliminate the shoot option and go 100% no shoot :D

la24philly
Active Poster

Post by la24philly » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:39 pm

taking the moon out of hearts? you cant take away the signuature play of the game. thats like taking the touchdown out of football you can't do it. What ever Jonas has planned will be for the benefit so will see.
your main man louie lou rocking the 3rd shift for all you full time vampires

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:12 pm

I was having a go at zee for slamming the game I like Lou,and turned his own comments back on him I was not serious so relax.

My personal opinion on the subject is pretty much the same as the rest. It ain't broke so don't fix it.

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:45 pm

Bryan please explain to me the skill of the no shoot game?

P.S. I'll be waiting to hear from you soon :lol:

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:54 pm

please exxplain to me the skill of the shoot game

onystaeeda
Active Poster

Post by onystaeeda » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:31 pm

well first if your a hearts player you should know the skill to shoot, but I can tell you "this" it's not passing high cards getting JOD and ducking your ass off the rest of the game..........and calling yourself a skilled hearts player

VeSyY
Active Poster

Post by VeSyY » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:39 pm

Oh Hi all im here too... :)) So yes i want Bryan to explain to me ! ... So to be honest i dont care if game shoot or no snoot im good at both :)) But Bryan u know u used to play with me a lot and u like shoot so u can be better So for me true game is shoot game to learn to play with skill and to know how to play agressive ... wat is ns game to pass all high cards and to dump ... Use brain and play good game for that we all here ! I want to enjoy this game! Have fun all and play the best game SHOOT GAME !
Last edited by VeSyY on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

U.S. Marshall
Active Poster

Post by U.S. Marshall » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:45 pm

I can play both games also as you well know Ves, I don't like shoot because of somethings I know some people do in shoot and it makes shoot a much easier game to win at because of that if a person is so inclined to do that thing. So I will play what i want to play and Dee you are welcome to play what you like to play. But I do like the room split much better cause it keeps the whiney shoot players out of my hair.

VeSyY
Active Poster

Post by VeSyY » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:49 pm

So stop complain then Lets play me some games shoot some no shoot we will show our skils ;)