Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/2011

7MUDD7
Noob

Re: Hardwood Games Public beta for Windows - Updated 1/21/20

Post by 7MUDD7 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:20 am

I have been playing HH for 10 years and own 2 games of hearts 2 games of Solite and each of the other games, but only have
I did this to support Hardwood and to keep it a live, but I dot see how converting my only user name of to the Bate site has any benifit for me.
what is you take on my position?
5 kids are a joy and Hearts help make it that way

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:11 am

7MUDD7 wrote:I have been playing HH for 10 years and own 2 games of hearts 2 games of Solite and each of the other games, but only have
I did this to support Hardwood and to keep it a live, but I dot see how converting my only user name of to the Bate site has any benifit for me.
what is you take on my position?
Its not necessarily a benefit to you to do so depending on what features your like or don't. The old game was an awesome deal, and you can still play using that game of course.

To play on the new version isn't a conversion, as you can do both.

As a holder of an unlock key, you can take advantage of the free year of Plus+ and a free 1600 tokens to boot. That offer is here:
http://www.hardwoodgames.com/store/upgrade/hearts/

One cool benefit of the plus+ membership is that it applies to all the multiplayer games, so you can also play spades, backgammon, hearts and euchre online with the one membership.

MaddogUSMC
Active Poster

Post by MaddogUSMC » Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:22 pm

Sat in red seats and got 1 and 2 bids for 6 games in a row, while blue seats got nils and 8 and 9 bids. No pass dealer is not honest with the deal of cards. It seems like the site is set up for the cheats and not for honest players. I play at pogo and don't get this unfair deal of cards. I wish you would fix the deal of cards. Pass game is easy cause you pass 2 cards. But I hate pass games. The real game is NO PASS. Guess I will play at POGO till you fix the problem. Cards are not random like you always say. Maybe you should play a game or 2 in spades and see for yourself. :oops: :(
Kiss a Veteran today, without them you would not be as free as you are. Remember the ones who gave all they had for this country. From a Combat Vet.

FRANCHlSE

Post by FRANCHlSE » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:57 pm

i tried downloading the new version of hardwood spades and every time i go to go online it says {connection failed} { check your internet connection}
My connection is fine,i tried disabling firewalls. nothing is working.
I use windows 7
please supply info

Next question refrence to the original hardwood spades.
it has worked fine for me for years until today.
i went to open the game and it keeps asking me {unknown publisher needs permission to make changes to your computer}
please help solve these 2 issues

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:30 pm

Version 2 beta update, go to help->check version to get the latest version.

The most obvious change will be some of the stuff we've been doing to make the Lobby compatible with touch interfaces. bigger things to click on etc. The lobby now can toggle between chat/game list or go to a full game list or full chat mode. SO if you want to just shoot the breeze for a while in the lobby, you can make the whole window about chatting, or if its time to get down to business and play some spades, you can have the window go to full game list mode.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Hardwood games version 2 released! yay!

Post by Jonas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:33 pm

Alrighty.... beta is done. Thanks folks for all your help.

To get the latest version of Version2 games, either do a Help-> check version. Or you can download them from the main website or Hardwoodgames.com

ponycreek

Post by ponycreek » Mon May 09, 2011 3:41 am

HW what have you done.. I was very happy with the new version until this latest update.
We can no longer choose a seat ?
this want work for me
also when in a tournament it makes it a real chore to get started.
need each player to sit in a paticular order or you end up in wrong seat ..

please how to i go back one version ??? as i cant wont work with this latest one..

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Mon May 09, 2011 6:39 am

I can see what ponycreek is saying here. I have played in 1v1 tourneys in hearts where you bot two seats while two humans sit across from each other. If you cannot control where you sit, this format of tourney is impossible to conduct. Not to mention, if two people want to pard together in a partners game (hearts, spades, euchre, etc), if you can't be sure your partner will be your partner, this kinda messes things up.

Only singles and backgammon are really unaffected.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

ponycreek

Post by ponycreek » Mon May 09, 2011 5:13 pm

this morning in smoots (euchre), Harold says in chat "pony come jion me for game (to partner). but he is Host alone in game and therefor I can no longer sit oppisite him.. In the meantime other players jion the game and i'm left Pondering what to do.
Another game.... Saw a player who i like playing with and again could not partner her, waited to see if someone would jion and take left or right seat leaving opposite for me. But that didnt work and table filled up.
I gave up and watched the television instead.

Last night on more than one occassion i jioned a tourney game and ended up in wrong seat. In the end it was easier to explain to TD what was going on and to let me sit last occupying the only seat left. OR let me set the table as host and then other players could take their respective seats. As more new players (new version) come into tournaments this may be a troublesome isssue as each player will need to jion in a specific order one at a time.

ponycreek

Post by ponycreek » Mon May 09, 2011 8:10 pm

Ha Ha, Gues what i just found ... (completely by accident)

If you click on the game number (left hand side ) you get a number of options INCULDING choicing seats east west etc, also choice to watch... WOW was that there all along ? Now i feel embarassed.
so anyone else loking for the answer here it is ..

Well done HW, should have trusted you all along..

All that frustration on my part for nothing

so sorry

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue May 10, 2011 8:33 am

It's ok... I didn't know it was there either.

Perhaps the explanation was in one of those "tips" I blow past too.

We can all blush together, but it doesn't speak too well of the interface design that it was hidden so well. Hopefully this design will be revisited.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."