Hardwood needs repariring

Isabears

Hardwood needs repariring

Post by Isabears » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:01 am

For weeks the main board has not been working correctly. Now there are problems putting tours on the board. For weeks there has been a problem getting kicked out to log in again when changing or entering rooms.
This is not a free service. Many of us pay a premium for the dubious pleasure of acquiring bux to give as donations to other players. For sure there is nothing worthwhile to spend them on.
Why should we all accept the current state of Hardwood as satisfactory when we were promised better when we agreed to pay?

Please advise your time frame to have the issues resolved.
Isabears

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Re: Hardwood needs repariring

Post by Jonas » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:10 pm

Well to be fair, we don't have anything to do with Myleague and their bux system.

That said, the problem should be fixed now.

Isabears

Post by Isabears » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:08 pm

Thank you for your timely response. You are right about the bux of course. It is good to see the board working. Hopefully now we will no longer have to log in 20 times a day.

Bearzzz
Isabears

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:46 am

JONAS, I DON'T BELIEVE WITH ALL SAID AND DONE.... "THE PROBLEMS ARE NOT FIXED". FIRST OFF ISABEARS QUESTIONS WERE:

1. WHEN IS THE HARDWOOD SPADES BOARD GOING TO BE FIXED?

2. WHEN ARE WE GOING TO STOP GETTING KICKED OUT OF ROOMS AND BEING RE-LOGGED IN AGAIN? THIS IS HAPPENING DURING TOURNAMENTS ALSO JONAS.

3. I BELIEVE THE LAST QUESTION WAS..... WHY SHOULD WE EXCEPT THE CURRENT STATE OF HARDWOOD SPADES WHEN WE PAID OUR MONEY FOR A BETTER WORKING SOFTWARE?

I BELIEVE EVERYONE WOULD AGREE WITH ME THAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING A LONG TIME FOR REPAIRS TO BE MAKE CORRECTLY TO YOUR SERVERS. I CAN NOT HELP BUT THINK THAT; JONAS YOU ARE TRYING TO REMOVE THE LEAGUES FROM YOUR SOFTWARE ALL TOGETHER TO MAKE ROOM ON YOUR SERVERS, BUT YOU SAY NO.

I WOULD APPRECIATE YOU ANSWERING ISABEARS QUESTIONS ALSO. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
Last edited by L7d7w7 on Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:41 pm

Kicked out? Well we have a time limit to being inactive in a room, is that what you mean?

As for reconnecting as you go between rooms, that's because we actaully run rooms on different servers now to sometimes going between rooms requires a reconnection. You're not getting kicked out, its just that the room you are accessing is on a different server than the one you left.

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:37 pm

OKAY JOANAS, I TAKE IT YOU DON'T WANT TO ANSWER THE QUESTIONS ASKED. SOMETIMES NOT ANSWERING DOES ANSWER THE QUESTION.

Isabears

Post by Isabears » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:43 pm

I wonder does anyone from Silvercreek actually ever play in spades or check what is happening? Here is an example of a spades session:

Log on - the tourny board shows a 5.00 pm tour at 8.00 am. Go into Cases Ladder Room - but wait - I just got logged out and had to start again and now it takes me to Cases room. Now I can reject the offer to join and when I go to the lobby I can now read the current tourneys on the board.
Join a tour - try to enter room - but no - kicked out again - only to have to log in again to get to tourney room.

All that just to get into one tour - and add that up if we are playing several tours a day and maybe you will understand the frustration most of us have with Hardwood.

I was stunned to say the very least when you so promptly replied that all was fixed. Well unfortunately that is not the case. We can put tours on the board and that is about the only correction.

The board itself continues to show the wrong times unless we go through the process above.

Like many I am fed up with Hardwood.

Bearzzz
Isabears

L7d7w7
Noob

Post by L7d7w7 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:50 pm

LOSING MEMBERS IS CAUSED BY A BROKEN POSTING BOARD. THERE IS NOW A NEW LINK TO POST TOURNEYS ON THE BOARD. http://www.hardwoodgames.com/tourny2/index.html
PLEASE TELL ME WHAT GOOD IS THIS LINK WHEN THE HARDWOOD SPADES BOARD IS NOT WORKING RIGHT?

IT HAS ONLY WORKED RIGHT FOR ABOUT A WEEK OUT OF THE LAST 2 MONTHS. WHEN IS DAN GOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM? ALL LEAGUES ARE COMPLAINING OF LACK OF MEMBER PARTICIPATION. MEMBERS DO NOT KNOW WHAT GAMES ARE AVAILABLE AND ARE LOSING INTEREST. I CAN NOT SEE HOW THIS IS HELPING SELLS OF HARDWOOD SPADES WHEN YOU ARE TRYING TO SELL A BROKEN PRODUCT. IS THE NEW CLIENT SOFTWARE GOING TO TAKE PREFERENCE OVER THE LEAGUES?.....OR HAS IT ALREADY? WHY ISN'T THE SERVER BEING FIXED SO THE OLD CLIENT SOFTWARE WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD? THANK YOU JONAS FOR YOUR TIME. L7d7w7
Active Poster

Isabears

Post by Isabears » Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:02 pm

Monday 11th - Board showing old tours.
Changing rooms does not fix it this time, only makes for additional log ins to get to room.
Maybe if we do state of play reports daily this will get fixed.
Bearzzz
Isabears

Gromph
Site Admin

Post by Gromph » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:05 am

It looks like the tourny board stopped working right on March 25th. It is fixed now. Thanks for letting me know. I apologize for not getting it fixed earlier, I wasn't aware it was broken.

Isabears

Post by Isabears » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Thank you. It appears the board is working. What a shame you are not advised when posts are here so that you are aware of the problems.

Now is there any chance the site can be on one server so that we do not have to log in every time we change rooms?

Bearzzz
Isabears