Parding in Same House

Galt
Grand Master

Parding in Same House

Post by Galt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:07 pm

Hi, I need a refresher.

I know that two people in the same house can pard in a social game.

If we wanted to pard in a rated game is that possible?

We would never do it without letting the opps know, and are not ever sure if we would, but we just wanted to know.

Kathi has not played in years, but has expressed interest in doing so again.

sandbar
Guide

Re: Parding in Same House

Post by sandbar » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:03 pm

Hi, Galt, this question had been asked before, here is the link which may answer your questions. 8)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=12937&p=3452237&hil ... s#p3452237

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Thanks.

That all seems to deal with one key.

We have two keys.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:43 am

It's version 2. My wife and I can't even play in the same rated game for hearts if one of us is a version 2 client, and that's singles (not pards).

And we have 2 different keys as well. Well, version 2 doesn't use keys, do they? Anyway, she's still on version 1.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:49 pm

I think currently IP address might be a factor. So two people with the same IP address wouldn't be able to play at the same rated table.

Galt
Grand Master

Post by Galt » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:16 pm

Thanks all.

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 am

Jonas,

Is there a way to change this?

The Tournament of Players has always required all games be rated so as to try to keep players from throwing games as it would impact their rating. With this new rule, if I play my version 2 client, I cannot play at the same table as my wife (we were both players on there before we got married!).

I understand their reason for making it be a rule that all games are rated. I also understand that perhaps you are trying to control cheating with this IP check.

Is there any possible way to resolve this besides having one of us quit?!
-Brian

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

Maybe see if you can get an exception on the rated game thing from the tourney director?

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:54 pm

I asked... he's not willing to bend the rules for anyone. :(
-Brian

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:44 am

sailing as my understanding as me being head admin in league that 2 people cannot pard in same house hold it hs to be social which people in leagues want rated and if hearts go through my league cases like spades do it causes the tourney to get flagged then you have to go though some stuff so some tds preferer not to do that or head admins in leagues prefer not to go through that cause if its on going thing they will close the league and i hope this answers your question it wont be on jonas to close it its through cases

lynn aka luvcookies

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:46 am

We aren't a Cases league but a completely independent league. The Tournament of Players existed through several sites before landing at Silver Creek, such as Mplayer and Gamespy. Throughout the rules have been pretty consistent and have been fairly static since the passing away of its founder, Melinda (Mush).

As far as I know, we aren't in any sort of trouble, and Jonas hopefully can try to see the tourney's reasons for wanting to play rated games and to not prohibit two players from the same house to play in our tourney. Likewise, we try to understand Jonas' reasons for implementing some of the changes to help prevent cheating in smoots. I am sure we can come to some solution that helps us all achieve our goals.

As for talking about flagging tourneys and shutting them down... seriously? I mean, having tourneys enhances people's overall experience with the site. As far as I know, our tourney isn't in any kind of trouble, nor should it be, and Jonas isn't looking to shut us down. If he does? Well - guess TOP will find another home. We've done it before.
-Brian

luvcookies
Guide

Post by luvcookies » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:47 pm

noi dint say jonas this is cases which cases shut tourneys down if they get complaints not jonas cases is thing spades go through to runtheir tourneys and how does top run theirs never been to tourney there no hw is best site for running tourneys as i know you cannot jon same table with same key as far as spades tourney people in same household not allowedto pard had to get that clarified i didnt say jonas shuts down tourney its my league spades go through

luvcookies

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:31 pm

If Cases shuts down your tourney but you have enough people who want to play, there probably is no reason you can't form your own independent one. Just come up with the structure you need to support it and have a good leader.

Of course, you won't have the Cases tools and you won't have ladderbux. I think ladderbux is kinda hokey... you can't pay rent or buy groceries with them lol.

You make need to take it up with SCE too. I think there is a minimum number of new licenses you have to buy though that made sense in version 1 with keys. Version 2 subscriptions might change that so SCE may have new rules for registering a new tourney with them. If you seriously want to take your league away from Cases, you should ask SCE about what you need to do.

I am glad you cleared up that SCE wasn't telling you they were going to shut your tourney down. I am not sure I followed your comments the way you meant them.
-Brian

Jonas
Illuminated One
Illuminated One

Post by Jonas » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am

If you don't like the way one league works, pick on that's a better match.

We don't police the leagues or demand that they play social games.