!

Becky2555
Guide

!

Post by Becky2555 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:38 pm

I love this game and enjoy a frequent break to the HW BG Board.

I was having trouble with the game loading on Monday so Sandbar recommended I uninstall and reinstall using: http://www.silvercrk.com/backgammon1/
Has the url changed? Is there a problem?

When I get as far as the Hardwood Backgammon Installer and choose the "Install" button, the installer returns an error message:
"Failed to extract install.cab.Error: Failure writing to target file. Try downloading the latest complete installation from http://www.silvercrk.com"

I really would like to get the old version back, any suggestions?
Is anyone else having problems?

Thanks for all you do... HW Rocks!

Sailing_Away
Guide

Re: !

Post by Sailing_Away » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:48 am

Hi Becky,

Your virus protection may be interfering with the installer. Try disabling your anti-virus software, then perform the installation and after a successful re-install, restart your virus protection software.

The link is correct for downloading version 1 of backgammon.

Hope this helps!
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, I tried this multiple times and still have the same issue. I'm stumped but hard headed enough to keep trying. 8) If anything else comes to mind please give a shout and I'll try a different approach.

Missing my Backgammon fix, almost as much as I miss my favorite oppoment BgTrnr our Siberian Hamster. RIP bgbg...

Sailing_Away
Guide

Post by Sailing_Away » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:31 am

Can you do a System Restore back to the first change before you encountered this issue? Maybe a Windows update clobbered something and going back would fix this and allow you to un-install and re-install. If this doesn't do it, I'm afraid it's some remnant registry data that is messing things up for you, and I would have no idea how to guide you through that.

Did you email support@silvercrk.com and describe your problem to them? Maybe they have a knowledgebase with a previously reported problem similar to yours and a solution that worked for someone else on file.

That's all I can think of at this time since it wasn't your virus protection interfering.
-Brian

"Come Sail Away with me...."

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:32 pm

I did actually point Becky to the support email, which is probably the best way to go if the Restore point doesnt work........but great suggestions, ty Brian.

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:08 pm

I have done all of the recommended steps including system restore but still cannot install. I did have some weird occurrences when attempting that I sent on to support. Will let you know if we get it resolved. In the meantime... I miss my BG time but it's great to be back in Hearts more often :heart:

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Sat May 04, 2013 6:02 am

Michael,
What operating system are you using? Which security?
Do you have the old BG or the new BG?
How long have you been playing BG without issues?
When did your problem start?
I did not get my issue resolved but I got busy with other things and would like to get it sorted out if possible.
Look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks!