Freebees,,,, Help!

jabez
Noob

Freebees,,,, Help!

Post by jabez » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:21 am

I want to see more people here at HW
and I am glad for the new stuff...shows that we are not dying off.
BUT.... the Freebees need some help.....
Treated like trash-players some times, not seen as potential registered owners.
I amd sure some of them can't aford this game :(
but I think the best way to get them to BUY this Game is to do a 30 or 60 day free trial
and let there nics work normal...Full Install..all the perks.
reasons why ....
1. Fair
...Then all will be treated equal and not looked down on.
2. No resetting after a game like old time
3. Partners will know if the Freebee can play well and be able to decide if they can play partners with them.
4. They will fine out how much fun this game is and BUY it!!!
Please let me know how you feel....Jabez

jabez
Noob

Re: Freebees,,,, Help!

Post by jabez » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:29 am

You are spot right on There Jab....
Her is another IDEA
They can have a room....
Let the Freebee's try the game in a special room...
Just a thought..
Keep on Think Old Man
.........(Jab's tWIN...)...

larryboy1956
Guide

Post by larryboy1956 » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:59 am

Taking into consideration that any site needs money to survive, of course it is smart to pay a participation fee but there are some people who just dont have the money to do so even though the fee is really minimal. To act agressively towards a person because he or she is a freebe without knowing his or her current financial situation is really off base. Yes, there are people who take advantage of any situation in an ill manored way but that is their problem and I am just glad not to be that way.
Without creating a room only for freebes, I think that they can be blocked from playing rated games if this is not already the case and it would influence them to finally pay if they have the means. I have noticed that one problem is the payment method...many people dont have credit cards.
The goal here is to get new players who will eventually contribute financially. Blasting them will only chase them away and take away another potential 25$ to pay the bills. Instead, why not just be very nice to them, let them make friends and then maybe they will understand that the investment can only encourage to site to survive and keep them in contact with their new pals. I think the actual method used by the administrators is just dandy, now if only the paid members could understand what the goal is !!!

grandmaS
Grand Master

Post by grandmaS » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:14 am

Its really quite simple, Treat others as you would wish to be treated

That is true of the free players and of the lowman players and just a good general rule in life. :)

I am woman I am strong

jabez
Noob

Post by jabez » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:35 pm

As one who has sponsored $ people from other countries to be able to play as a register player
I am wanting to allow Freebee's to play with all the bells and whistles...for 30 or 60days then
as one who will partner with them and welcome them to this site They will not be hard to see how well
there playing is and more will be likely to play with them...But as it is Now this is a bad Idea and I hope you
consider all that the register players get and let it go for 30 or 60 days and not on and on and on...
As far as the way the payment is made 30 or 60 days gives plenty of time to send in the money...
I want more players here at HW but I do not want more Freebee's, not the way it is now!
Jabez

Big Kev Iro

Re: Freebees,,,, Help! FREELOADERS!!!

Post by Big Kev Iro » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:25 am

Why cant the freeloaders have say 10 or 20 games and then make their mind up to stay or go!

They really wind me up with their bragging " only fools pay" mentality!

I've had this a number of times in games, my vote is kick the lot of them in to touch!

Mr 3000 Nics
Active Poster

Post by Mr 3000 Nics » Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:40 am

I agree with Kev on this one.I have been in numerous singles games with the "needs upgrade" players and alot of them have laughed and belittled the people who have paid for the game and some even openly admitted to throwing games and dumping on people they don't like because they have no ratings anyway so it doesnt matter to them but i have found the solution Kev... get a rated nic and play a rated game LOL what a novel idea eh? then you don't have to worry about it :wink: and on the other hand maybe they have gotten so sick of the way the "paid" players have treated them that this is their way of payback :lol: I wish we could all just grow up and act as adults as it pretains to this bickering over paid and non paid players, Silvercreek has given everyone alternatives to not having to play or listen to anyone they choose not to, it's very very simple just use the tools you have, they do not make you play against the unpaid players so don't!!!!!!!
And That's The Bottom Line cause the bald guy with white sideburns SAYS SO ... just ask Sandbar hehe...

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:42 pm

Now there's an idea "Lets all Grow up" LOL.... and we don't have to grow old just UP!!!

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!