Pixie Dust

Becky2555
Guide

Pixie Dust

Post by Becky2555 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:44 am

It has been quite a while since I have used the "pixie dust" feature in a game. However, recently several people have been asking how to do it.

Does anyone know if this feature is no longer enabled? Or if the command has been updated :?:

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Becky2555 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:16 pm

Still the same command i always used for it. Might be more than one way but here's what works. In game, hit menu, then Control p, then return to game. Same commands to stop that annoy dust *achew* !
for what it's worth

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:46 pm

Thanks Wist, for some reason I had in my head that it was the chat box that had to be opened. I just tried with the main menu and it works fine.

I apologize to all of you that I explained incorrectly to... the correct menu to open and close is the menu marked "menu" on the upper left corner of the table frame.

Thanks again Wist for your help.

Last edited by Becky2555 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:03 pm

i thought you had to open options after menu then cntrl P with options open. (while in game) and Just options and cntrl P while in lobby.

lol but i probably do it the long way in game.

Good to see you Becky

xox
Hexa

edited to add later...I just tested it again, and no, all this time i didnt need to open options after menu while in game.. lol i always take the long way for nothing :)
The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years.

omni_555
Grand Master

Post by omni_555 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:42 am

...Would be nice if options selected like that one could be "remembered" each time you start up the game. Things like the positions of the little windows showing cards passed and last round of cards played do not have to be set every time the game is started, but other things like using the Pixie dust, location of the table/players (I like extreme lower right...), chat window being opened, etc do NOT get "remembered".

Just was wondering if this would be difficult to implement in the software without a major overhaul... 8)
Playing games should be FUN - seek out your own level! Don't frustrate others unnecessarily. 8)

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:36 am

One of those commands I have forgotten too..... like a lot of games there are the secret/hidden extra's that are cool if you can find them.... LOL

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:59 am

In case anyone is needs it.. I know you 4 dont but someone might come along :)

Uses with / command. each one below does a different action.

CMDS: help, smileys, away, ping, me, me's, find, host, join, quickjoin, time, bind, unbind, binds, showbinds, chars, c1, c2, c3, c4, backs, ghost, ghostback, colors
use '/help cmd' for help on 'cmd'

chars: glenda, joan, lilly, amazon, spike, morgana, agatha, yang, greula, tragen, timbu, knight, dwarf, wanderer, gnome, buck, merlin, king, uno, glitter, ying, helga, smoot, elly, lester, shorty, kitty, queen, nadira, ogre, baron (use / and name of char to quick change and c's 1-4 as above)

fooms: foom, sfoom, wash, slosh, luck, joy, nojoy, zap, szap, snow, ssnow, luck, rainbow, srainbow, pay, kiss, skiss, star, sstar, (and i assume /pong.. where applicable lol)

north: 2
west: 1
East: 3
yourself (south): 0
all players: all

multiple fooming of players: example: /sfoom 1,1,1,1,1,1 (or 2,2,2,2,2 or 3,3,3,3,3 or 0,0,0,0,0 or all,all,all,all,all,all,all)

multiple fooms use: use && between the different fooms just as i have it (replace 1,2,3 or 0 with "all" if ya want).. example: /skiss all&&/sfoom all

and ofcourse pixie dust as mentioned above..

Did i miss any of them? is this all of the commands for players? Anything to add here Dust?

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 2:57 pm

Hexa,

That's a great post, easy to follow and easy to understand.

Be sure to ask for help if any of you have trouble with any of our hints.

Here's a few more:

Time= /time (will show you the date and time, keep in mind that this will be displayed according to your pc settings, and has nothing to do with Hardwood's time).

Different Actions in a Room: "right click" on a chat balloon to express in the form of a "YELL", "THOUGHT", or "ACTION".

Blackout= /blackout (will create a "black table", and a great contrast; foom effects and pixie dust take on a different look).

I'm sure there are more, but these were the only additional ones that I could come up with.

Does anyone else know of others :?:

_________
Becky2555
Last edited by Becky2555 on Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:39 pm

Thank you :)

Becky, as /time is a command taken off (answered from) the server directly i believe that you have that backwards it is SCE's time and NOT your personal computer's time :) (i could be wrong, and it wouldnt surprise me if i were lol but this is how i understood it)
Time= /time (will show you the date and time, keep in mind that this will be displayed according to your pc settings, and has nothing to do with Hardwood's time).

Becky2555
Guide

Post by Becky2555 » Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:35 pm

The time I receive by "/time" is my own (est). I'm not sure what the rest of you receive... now I'm curious.

I pulled the info from the following site, I've always wondered who put this together, it's a great place for info on tricks:

http://www.geocities.com/cardluvers_hid ... .html#Five

HEXA
Grand Master

Post by HEXA » Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:19 pm

I dont know hon, u may be right

The only reason i guess i suspected that it gave sce time was because if you file a report on lobby or game chat/action it's advised to stick a /time stamp in there somewhere for Jason to find it easier. with lots of time zones in all these reports i would have thought it gave sce time lol Or Jason is a whiz with time zones :) which may be true lol

xox
Hexa

WIST
Grand Master

Post by WIST » Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:43 pm

umm.. maybe i missed it..... did anyone mention /ghost?
for what it's worth

Dust In The Wind
Guide

Post by Dust In The Wind » Fri Sep 01, 2006 9:30 pm

The time is actually from your PC date/time.

right clicking where the time is displayed on the top bar you can select time and/or FPS which is frames per sec. for your display within the program.

You can right click names, in the chat area and do the same as you can from the the player list... IE: if Player xyz said Hi. You could right click his/her chat and display the player profile, ignore them or whatever besides changing the font that is displayed.

of course most know or we teach about right clicking in the test box that you type in to select emotes, colors or edit functions.

don't forget using the backgrounds with a / like /moon will select the moon for your background. I haven't experiemented everything but there must be a way to change your individual colors like the moon color or the other options for each char. got to be a command for those too.

Sure there are others....

JUST DUST
TO BE OR NOT TO BE..... NOW WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT??? TO BE OF COURSE!!!!!

sandbar
Guide

Post by sandbar » Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:59 pm

:D Yep, when I type /time, I get the current time here in Oz on my computer :D :D

Mompsu
Big Poster

Post by Mompsu » Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:01 pm

Umm..

I checked that Link, Becky.. and I couldnt understand one command there.. /ghost back ~ this doesnt do absolutely anything :?

I know only about those that.. u can type these commands with numbers also. /ghost -300 (using myself most ) /ghostback -300 . Makes an effect much bigger.

And about ur question, who has put that link together.. there is an Answer right on this page, Becky, if u go to the *ME command.. :wink:

Shiney Babe*
Why the oldtime Players leave Hardwood.. Think about it, will ya !!!!